Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiggilee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Bellingham, WA
Just downloaded the new FB app. When I tilt my iPhone (4s) the screen does not rotate. It's like the orientation is locked (but it's not). Other apps rotate fine. Anyone else see this issue? :eek:

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
It was noted in an article I read that they disabled it for faster performance since it was not used very much. Still works on the iPad tho.

tiggilee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Bellingham, WA
Disabled it? Seriously???? But we need it to rotate to horizontal to type! That makes NO sense and I hope it is just a (mac)Rumor. :(

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
I didn't realise it was that big of a deal. Shame for those who use it but I bet they'll add it in again at some point.

megwatt

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
Oh please, oh please, oh PLEASE say it ain't so!

These hands can barely type in landscape, typing in portrait is not an option.

If this is true I will no longer be FB'ing from my iPhone or iPod. This is tragic! :(

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oh please, oh please, oh PLEASE say it ain't so!

These hands can barely type in landscape, typing in portrait is not an option.

If this is true I will no longer be FB'ing from my iPhone or iPod. This is tragic! :(

Calm down kiddo. It isn't the end of the world.

megwatt

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
LOL!

I wouldn't even use it if most of my clients didn't feel it necessary to contact me exclusively through FB.

They're just going to have to find another way. ;-)

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
Give feedback through the app store link (bug report, not review)... only way they'll know.

Scoutsabout

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
What do we want... LANDSCAPE.

Guess how I'm typing this... LANDSCAPE.

Guess how I prefer to see half of everyones's photos, especially outdoor and family shots... how half of them were shot... LANDSCAPE.

Guess what just about every other app does... LANDSCAPE.

Guess what FB needs to fix... LANDSCAPE.

When do we want it... NOW.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Doesn't bother me as I never type in landscape and if it helps FB be faster then I'm glad its gone. :p

----------

What do we want... LANDSCAPE.

Guess how I'm typing this... LANDSCAPE.

Guess how I prefer to see half of everyones's photos, especially outdoor and family shots... how half of them were shot... LANDSCAPE.

Guess what just about every other app does... LANDSCAPE.

Guess what FB needs to fix... LANDSCAPE.

When do we want it... NOW.

Photos will still rotate to landscape....

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I generally do type in landscape. This is where having a smaller screen really sucks. In the old facebook app i would have to constantly scroll up to check my typing (nsted of tpng lke evr1 els on fb). A larger (read, wider) screen would help eleviate this since you would have more vertical real estate in landscape typing.

Anyway yeah, this is just how the new facebook app is. No landscape. I'm bummed we don't have the option, but in all honesty the new app is a lot better and if that's the trade off then I'll take it.

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
Bigger fumble....going to Friends > search no longer brings up options to search 'pages' and 'everyone'.

if you type the 'page' / non friend user name in the search box above the Left-side menu, you can access pages. Click on the "All" to bring up user/friend and owner posts...

mmza

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
They better do it fast as it is very hard to read the messages in this format and rotation of the screen was very convenient:mad: way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.