Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
That's incredibly stupid. I assume it's a bug and will be fixed before its released to the public.

Mine aren't set to email and it works fine.
Screen Shot 8-24-12 at 12.23.05 PM.png

Last edited:

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
In the Note.app, are all the "Find" commands still greyed out in 10.8.2? (Under the Edit > Find menu).

If so, honestly, I don't understand what the problem is with this. If Apple is concerned I'm going to hurt somebody by searching my notes then remove the find commands altogether.

i-John

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2008
The Republic of Texas
Works, now you can send from OS X using your mobile digits to other iMessage/iPhone users, or from any registered email address on your account. You may have to make certain your AppleID is linked with your iPhone number.

After I installed .2 update, my iPhone 4S and iPad recognized that OS X is using this number in Messages.

Yup. Seems as this is now the case.

(Sorry mods, please merge posts if you can, normally automatically does this when posting another one immediately after so my apologies).

It also seems to be working well also for a change. No lag, and almost instant on all devices right now.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
In the Note.app, are all the "Find" commands still greyed out in 10.8.2? (Under the Edit > Find menu).

If so, honestly, I don't understand what the problem is with this. If Apple is concerned I'm going to hurt somebody by searching my notes then remove the find commands altogether.

"Note List Search" and "Jump to Selection" are available. I don't have any notes so the rest are grey.

Also, I'm getting Facebook notifications perfectly. I disengaged "MenuTab Pro" notifications as it isn't needed now. Don't know about needed e-mail notifications set, never did such. Open "Notification Center" in "System Preferences" and make certain you have Facebook and Sharing notifications active and configured, as well as configuring Facebook in "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" first. It's just like setting up Twitter, the account needs to be active, then notifications can be configured.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
"Note List Search" and "Jump to Selection" are available. I don't have any notes so the rest are grey.
Yes, I know those search features are there... but they just search note titles.

Create a dummy note, open it and see if the "Find" commands are available to search inside the note itself.

If you would please. :)

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Yes, I know those search features are there... but they just search note titles.

Create a dummy note, open it and see if the "Find" commands are available to search inside the note itself.

If you would please. :)

Good find. I haven't used Notes in OS X much. However, the "Spotlight" search seems to be the direction Apple wants to take in searching through notes (perhaps?).

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
They aren't.

Good find. I haven't used Notes in OS X much. However, the "Spotlight" search seems to be the direction Apple wants to take in searching through notes (perhaps?).

Thanks for checking you two. Damn.

God I hope It doesn't come to just using Spotlight to find crap. Search 200,000 files to look for a single word/phrase in a document, then open it. Then take the cursor to that search criteria?

I must be the only one that searches their notes on occasion as nobody else has noticed this.

And it will probably be 10.8.7 before somebody at Apple notices. Oops. :eek: Off to file another feature request.

Morris

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2006
London, Europe
Why have companies made the decision for rapid release method?
They haven't. On the contrary, it took a month for 10.8.1 to follow 10.8.0. That is relatively long for Apple, it was three weeks on Lion and two weeks on Snow Leopard.

We don't know when 10.8.2 will be released but it'll be quite some weeks away.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
I think I've found the way to get Facebook notifications. All you have to do is add your friends to the 'Close Friends' category - and then you get notified when they post something.

Appears to be working for me - I've gone from receiving NO notifications to now receiving notifications from my close friends...

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I think I've found the way to get Facebook notifications. All you have to do is add your friends to the 'Close Friends' category - and then you get notified when they post something.

Appears to be working for me - I've gone from receiving NO notifications to now receiving notifications from my close friends...

Mine work perfectly without doing anything. Nothing shows up if you currently have Facebook open, that may be your issue.

Livingspring

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2011
Would it be possible to update the 10.8.2 developer beta to the final 10.8.2
or only a clean install of ML?
BTW I am not a developer

awakenthedead

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2012
any word on how this is doing on battery life? it is better, same or worse? im not too concerned about the facebook integration right now, to make my 2012 MBA useable i have to have notification center turned off so... im hoping for a decent improvement in battery life so i can use all the features of 10.8...

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Would it be possible to update the 10.8.2 developer beta to the final 10.8.2
or only a clean install of ML?
BTW I am not a developer
Should be able to do the update to the official release when it comes out. I did a similar update from an early build of 10.8.1 to the official 10.8.1 without any problem.

flowsy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
Germany
External links from Mail, Twitter, etc. are opened double in Firefox or Chrome. Doesn't happen in Safari. Anybody else got that problem?

barrettj

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
External links from Mail, Twitter, etc. are opened double in Firefox or Chrome. Doesn't happen in Safari. Anybody else got that problem?

It does happen in Safari (but only if Safari was already running, if it wasn't running then only one is opened). I've heard reports of it happening to other people, and I've filed a bug report with Apple.

It actually appears to be nearly any external link: mailto, custom URL schemes, etc.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
My Facebook notification started working after a few days, but when I click the notification it doesn't take me to Facebook.

flowsy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
Germany
It does happen in Safari (but only if Safari was already running, if it wasn't running then only one is opened). I've heard reports of it happening to other people, and I've filed a bug report with Apple.

It actually appears to be nearly any external link: mailto, custom URL schemes, etc.

Thanks! Good(?) to know it's not just me. I couldn't find any similar case.

I tested and uninstalled a lot to find out why. No chance. Like I said, Safari seems fine on my machine. But if I choose Chrome or Firefox as my main browser they will open every external link double. And yes, only when they are already running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.