Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
So, our first Gameweek has begun, and the League is under way for the 2012-13 season. We have 30 teams signed up...

• MattAtlanta's Argy-Bargy
• Fed's Atlético de Liver
• coatsy's Bayern Bru
• Pivo6's Brainerd FC
• Lord Blackadder's Cleveland FC
• Roger1989's Elisbury Hill
• Kofi's Fabulous Boyz
• andrewstephenso's ffmiphone, our defending champions
• pjlander's Fightin' Shrooms
• Fizzoid's Fizzy's Flyers
• Tom8's Hardly Athletic
• barredfreak's Horizon Heights
• tefleming's lfcclt
• andalusia's Mancunian Mopheads
• bymyinitials Midtable Tiki-Taka
• oscillatewildly's Neutron Heath
• swiftaw's Omaha Latics
• pachyderm's Pachyderm FC
• Moyank24's Pinstripe City
• mouchoir's Podolski Sunday
• Silencio's Prospect Park FC
• My own Sporting Dual-Cores
• Tilpot's The Stoplights
• phil.black's Tall Saints
• stridematt's Thigh High Socks
• twietee's T!llionaire Toyshire
• PhilA's Telford Blues
• adamtoone's Toon Army
• WoodNUFC's Woodingtonhampshire

Welcome to our teams new and old, and good luck for the season. Please don't forget to remove any jewellery before entering the field of play, and please ensure that any ankle tape matches the predominant colour of your socks.

Teams that are registered in the Cup – don't forget that that competition kicks off in Gameweek 2. Once the FPL site has generated the fixtures I'll get them posted up.

Looks like I already went into administration from the league lol :p

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
****! Thought Demba and Cisse were injuried..changed my whole squad for that,wtf?

Never believe the tabloids, never believe the tabloids, never believe...

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
****! Thought Demba and Cisse were injuried..changed my whole squad for that,wtf?

yes... happened to me many times last season... the specious warning about players being out/injured.

almost went with dempsey specifically because i thought there was a chance he'd play despite his status, but i'm glad i didn't (obviously).

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
pachyderm, I'll challenge you!

[everybody else]
29 pachyderm fc 8 8
30 t!llionaire toyshire 6 6

That came expected. :cool:

You can. :eek:

In Green's instance though, the points he lost due to the goals he conceded (-2) cancelled out the points he got for playing (+2), so he's ended up on a big fat 0 for the week.

Gee..time for an uprgade then. Thought that move was genuine because of 16clean sheets last saison (!). Maybe I mixed it up with Krul..awww...that's why he's such a cheapo!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Gee..time for an uprgade then. Thought that move was genuine because of 16clean sheets last saison (!). Maybe I mixed it up with Krul..awww...that's why he's such a cheapo!
Don't forget that Green was playing in the Championship last season though, the division below the Premier League. This season he's facing a better standard of player, and will find clean sheets harder to come by.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK

Wish I'd changed my front line! Suarez couldn't hit a barn door, did Cisse get a touch and Aguero lasted 8 minutes!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
While Jaffa is off dating some posh girls from his players :rolleyes:

we start our first Cup stage:

Thigh High Socks v t!llionaire toyshire
Hardly Athletic v Pinstripe City
Elisbury Hill v Sporting Dual-Cores
The Stoplights v Horizon Heights
Tall Saints v Woodingtonhampshire
argy-bargy v Omaha Latics
LITH United v Neutron Heath
Man. Mopheads v pachyderm fc
Fizzy's Flyers v Brainerd FC

So watch out you Thigh High Socks and all!
Good luck to everybody.

And I just learned that I'm completely clueless about the cup-rules, it obviously isn't k.o. right away but can't spot any groups as well. But anyway, I'll just win my games and that's it I guess.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Huzzah! The MacRumors Fantasy Cup is here!

082fans_468x337.jpg
Little wonder those fans are looking so excited – Gameweek 2 sees the start of our head-to-head competition. Here then is our opening round of fixtures...

Elisbury Hill v Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic v Pinstripe City
The Stoplights v Horizon Heights
Tall Saints v Woodingtonhampshire
Argy-Bargy v Omaha Latics
LITH United v Neutron Heath
Mancunian Mopheads v Pachyderm FC
Thigh High Socks v T!llionaire Toyshire
Fizzy's Flyers v Brainerd FC​

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
While Jaffa is off dating some posh girls from his players :rolleyes:
No, I was making a sandwich. :confused:

And I just learned that I'm completely clueless about the cup-rules, it obviously isn't k.o. right away but can't spot any groups as well. But anyway, I'll just win my games and that's it I guess.
Here's a quick recap of how the Cup works...

We have a limit 18 teams this year, which means that over the course of the season we'll play each other twice. Basically, we're all playing in one big qualifying group. When Gameweek 35 is finished, the fixtures will be complete and we'll have a final table.

The top eight teams will then qualify into a knock out phase beginning in Gameweek 36, with only the winners of those matches advancing. Those four will play in Gameweek 37, meaning that we'll then only have two teams left to go through to the final in Gameweek 38. These two teams then play the final and the winner will lift the trophy.

Hope that makes sense! :)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
It sure does. But sounds more like a championship/league with play-offs to me..but is definitely fine.
Hope you enjoyed your 'sandwich'.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
What happens to the Reading and Sunderland players for this GW? Are those points retroactive when the game is made up or are their points lost for good?

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
What happens to the Reading and Sunderland players for this GW? Are those points retroactive when the game is made up or are their points lost for good?

They will be substituted for automatically. They will earn 0 points otherwise. They will have 2 games during a future week, and can earn points for both games. As far as I know, they haven't rescheduled the game yet.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
They will be substituted for automatically. They will earn 0 points otherwise. They will have 2 games during a future week, and can earn points for both games. As far as I know, they haven't rescheduled the game yet.

Good to know. Thanks!

As much as I like my team right now, I'm still tempted to use the WC. I have about 4 transfers I'd like to make but I know it's just way too early. Then again, guys like Hazard and Michu ain't getting any cheaper...

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Good to know. Thanks!

As much as I like my team right now, I'm still tempted to use the WC. I have about 4 transfers I'd like to make but I know it's just way too early. Then again, guys like Hazard and Michu ain't getting any cheaper...

I took an 8 point hit to make three transfers this past week. In my previous seasons playing, I think it's better if you go ahead and make transfers you need to make and not worry too much about the points lost.

edit// I would grab Hazard while you can!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I took an 8 point hit to make three transfers this past week. In my previous seasons playing, I think it's better if you go ahead and make transfers you need to make and not worry too much about the points lost.

edit// I would grab Hazard while you can!

You're argy-bargy then? And making Michu Cappo right away...smokin' gun!

And just for the record (and cup-policies) as we Rooney-owners will have some serious cash in our pockets soon: the 'trading points' (e.g.-4) will decrease the points of last GW or the upcoming?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
A full list of teams and their owners is in this post, Well, I say a full list – poor 2020mike's LITH United got left off by mistake. :eek:

thx! can you please tell me in which GW the points will be deducted in case of transfers made upon the free ones?

...And which GK is the most promising, and if I really should go all out on these Swansea Lads :confused: no, joking, but haven't seen one game of them.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
thx! can you please tell me in which GW the points will be deducted in case of transfers made upon the free ones?
Points for extra transfers will be deducted in the Gameweek you're making transfers for.

So, for example, we're currently in Gameweek 2 but any transfers you make now will come into effect on Gameweek 3 and the points will be taken off your total for Gameweek 3.

As for goalkeepers – and any player, really – it's advisable to look at their upcoming games. Buying a goalkeeper who's facing a low scoring team next week may seem like a wise investment, but not if he's facing Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City in the following weeks. ;)

Swansea meanwhile do have a good opening spell, so picking a couple of their players might not be a bad thing. ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.