Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Ok, thank you. That doesn't make it easier. Have to heavily think about that then. One really needs a calculator here...

Last question regarding the cup :)o): So a win will be 3 points, tie 1p and so on and in the end the eight top-teams go into the play-offs. Or are we just accumulating our fantasy-points until play-offs? The first I assume.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Last question regarding the cup :)o): So a win will be 3 points, tie 1p and so on and in the end the eight top-teams go into the play-offs. Or are we just accumulating our fantasy-points until play-offs? The first I assume.
Yep, at this stage you get three points for a win, one for a draw. In the knock out phases it's, as the name suggests, a straightforward knock out competition.

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
thx! can you please tell me in which GW the points will be deducted in case of transfers made upon the free ones?

...And which GK is the most promising, and if I really should go all out on these Swansea Lads :confused: no, joking, but haven't seen one game of them.

I guess my advice about incurring points lost due to transfers should be considered more thoughtfully as to how it might impact your weekly head-to- head. This is my first go of it in a head-to-head league and the dynamic is neat. :)

As for GK... last season Vorm was pretty good, especially at home. Actually, I had Krul and Vorm, and it was a nice set-up to be able to hedge your bets with one or the other depending on where and who they were playing. Both keepers scored a lot of points. Hart seems to be a big point scorer also.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
As for GK... last season Vorm was pretty good, especially at home. Actually, I had Krul and Vorm, and it was a nice set-up to be able to hedge your bets with one or the other depending on where and who they were playing. Both keepers scored a lot of points. Hart seems to be a big point scorer also.

Thanks for the info, but too late..now Friedel has to do for a while :rolleyes:
But don't worry, there is a plan B of course..hope it's not as bad as the first one. But rotating goalies sounds like a decent masterplan.

But overall I'm quite happy, my second GW within FantasyLand ever brought me into the top 300 within Germany. Tataaa! And I made a spectacular and highly unconventional second-week-wildcard-what-do-I-care move.

Meanwhile...

... I lost one rank in MRLeague, you people really are tough competition!

Last edited:

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I'm not sure how Telford Blues is considered to be second place and myself and Elisbury Hill considered to be joint third place when we all three have the same number of points... :confused:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I'm not sure how Telford Blues is considered to be second place and myself and Elisbury Hill considered to be joint third place when we all three have the same number of points... :confused:
There are a couple of tie breakers should teams be level on points, for example the team whose players have scored the most goals would get the higher position. That'll be what's happened here, although I'd need to consult the stats to be sure of the exact tie breaker that's been used in this instance.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Well, I bit the 8pt bullet and made three transfers this week. Hazard wasn't one of them.:eek:

Still, feeling good about it. The Stoplights are off to their best start in history. Just trying to keep this train a-rolling.

Why does it take so long for Saturdays to get here?

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Well, I bit the 8pt bullet and made three transfers this week. Hazard wasn't one of them.:eek:

Still, feeling good about it. The Stoplights are off to their best start in history. Just trying to keep this train a-rolling.

Why does it take so long for Saturdays to get here?

Ah, I had to take the 8pt hit as well! Make that a 12pt bomb!!! I just found out that Alcaraz is out this weekend.

Hopefully, this doesn't prove to be too much of a deficit to overcome against Neutron Heath, as last week I managed to get past Omaha Latics by the skin of my teeth.

edit//

Well, just used the "wildcard." I hope my plan is crazy enough that it just might work. :)

*fingers crossed* :)

Last edited:

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Just a reminder for any stragglers – as per usual custom the League will be locked to new entrants at the end of August, so if you've not signed up already you only have until this Friday to do so.

In before the lock. Code please :)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Well, just used the "wildcard." I hope my plan is crazy enough that it just might work. :)

*fingers crossed* :)

good to hear though. thought I'd be the only lunatic playing wc at GW2 :D and I wasn't even performing bad:eek::rolleyes:

I was already at -24p, made sense I guess

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
In before the lock. Code please :)
PM sent. :)

good to hear though. thought I'd be the only lunatic playing wc at GW2 :D and I wasn't even performing bad:eek::rolleyes:
According to the OWS, 151,952 people played their wildcards in Gameweek 2, so you're not alone. ;)

Don't forget either that you get a second wildcard to use, although this one can only be used around the time of the January transfer window.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Right then, our first round of Cup matches is done and dusted and we're all gearing up for our second batch of fixtures. Here's how things went...

Elisbury Hill 48 - 63 Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic 67 - 47 Pinstripe City
The Stoplights 75 - 21 Horizon Heights
Tall Saints 40 - 18 Woodingtonhampshire
Argy-Bargy 65 - 63 Omaha Latics
LITH United 62 - 64 Neutron Heath
Mancunian Mopheads 82 - 15 Pachyderm FC
Thigh High Socks 36 - 70 T!llionaire Toyshire
Fizzy's Flyers 66 - 52 Brainerd FC​

A mixed bag of results then – some saw very close score lines whilst others featured convincing wins for canny managers. Here's how things look in Gameweek 3...

Sporting Dual-Cores v Hardly Athletic
Pinstripe City v Fizzy's Flyers
Brainerd FC v Thigh High Socks
T!llionaire Toyshire v Mancunian Mopheads
Pachyderm FC v LITH United
Neutron Heath v Argy-Bargy
Omaha Latics v Tall Saints
Woodingtonhampshire v The Stoplights
Horizon Heights v Elisbury Hill​

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
And now we can turn our attention to the main MacRumors Fantasy League – as we're t the end of the month, it's time to present our first MacRumors Manager of the Month Award for the new season.

For August, it's pretty simple to see who's come out on top because it's the team who top the table. In this instance it's mouchoir whose Podolski Sunday racked up a very respectable 154 points from the first two Gameweeks.

Podolski-Sunday_Home1213.png

Well done, mouchoir. :)

Here for posterity is the table as it stands;

League-Table1213_GW_1.png

EDIT: I'm pleased to say too that pknz has joined us, putting the total number of teams up to 32 this season. His team officially joins in Gameweek 3, which is why his team isn't featured in the table above.

Last edited:

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
How long is the wild card good for? Say I don't use it this week will it be available say in October?

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
How long is the wild card good for? Say I don't use it this week will it be available say in October?

The wildcard is good at least until the January transfer window when another wildcard is available. So if you don't use it this week, you still can use it in October.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
We each have two wildcards. One of these can be played at any time, so you could leave it right up until the final Gameweek if you really wanted to.

Additionally, there's a 'January' Wildcard can only be used after Gameweek 21 starts (1 January) until Gameweek 24 ends (2 February). This wildcard is to help you out during the transfer window when there are a lot of players moving clubs.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I grow impatient too, but have to say i'm ****ing my pants because of the 1vs1 with the Mopheads! :eek:

Patchyderm, you still alive?

Don't worry, this is where I crash and burn after my first two weeks of luck. And hey, you're racking up a fair amount of points yourself, I think it's safe to say I'm the one looking for trouble here :eek:

:eek: Got no Chelsea players this week, am gonna lose a lot of points!

Well done to Podolski Sunday, a very impressive first two weeks. I'd be impressed if I scored what you scored in a regular month!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.