Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
november of 2010 I lost my Blackbery 9700 Assurion replaced it with a blackberry torch,Which I hated and since I was out of contract sold it and jumped ship to the iPhone they will replace your phone with a "LIKE"model if your model is not available

HonestEnd

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2011
Just lost my iPhone 4 two weeks ago. I put in a claim with Asurion for a replacement. They notified me that they no longer carry the iPhone 4. They said they'll be sending me an iPhone 4s as a replacement. Received a brand new iPhone 4s 16GB in the mail a few days later as it was on backorder. :D

americaneagle510

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
I had the most wonderful experience with Asurion!!!

My phone was stolen :( but I had insurance with Asurion. I filled out their online claim forms and was sent a new phone immediately. It took two days to come. Now the best part the phone that was stolen was an iPhone 4 black and was very surprised to receive a brand new iPhone 4s as my replacement!!!! Now I'm rocking Siri although I did pay $170 its a small price to pay for a $700 phone!

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
wife has verizon and asurion before she got her iphone last fall she had some bad luck with her droid that they were pretty much replacing once a week due to defects...keyboards not working screen flickering all sorts of stuff. After the 3rd phone they sent her a brand new in box droid 2 then a week later she got her iphone cause she couldnt stand not having a reliable phone anymore.

From what i gather asurion will try and give you the cheapest replacement they can but if you have multiple issues they will get you a new device

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
My phone was stolen :( but I had insurance with Asurion. I filled out their online claim forms and was sent a new phone immediately. It took two days to come. Now the best part the phone that was stolen was an iPhone 4 black and was very surprised to receive a brand new iPhone 4s as my replacement!!!! Now I'm rocking Siri although I did pay $170 its a small price to pay for a $700 phone!

Cool story but I had to mark it down for your use of the word 'rocking'. :D

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
Filed two claims with them and both were flawless. My last BlackBerry was a refurb, but it lasted me until I sold it for my iPhone.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
iPhone 4=iPhone 4s

I lost my iPhone 4 and they sent me a brand new 4s. No need to lie I even posted about it a few months ago when they sent it.

xxtyderxx

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2009
I just have a question..... okay so I lost my iPhone 4S and ordered one on Monday night, which it said it would be there Tuesday and they would email me tracking information in 12 hours. Well on Tuesday, nothing ever came in my email so I called them in the evening and they said they didn't know what happened to my replacement and they would send another one the following day. Well, Wednesday came and I received the phone and activated it. Now today, I received another one in the mail. Just wondering if you guys think I should keep it unless they call me back? Oh and they were both sealed in iPhone 4S boxes so I think they are brand new, but is there anyway to know this?

Thanks

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I just have a question..... okay so I lost my iPhone 4S and ordered one on Monday night, which it said it would be there Tuesday and they would email me tracking information in 12 hours. Well on Tuesday, nothing ever came in my email so I called them in the evening and they said they didn't know what happened to my replacement and they would send another one the following day. Well, Wednesday came and I received the phone and activated it. Now today, I received another one in the mail. Just wondering if you guys think I should keep it unless they call me back? Oh and they were both sealed in iPhone 4S boxes so I think they are brand new, but is there anyway to know this?

Thanks

Is this a serious question? They made a mistake, obviously. The right thing to do would be to contact them and return it. Will you get busted if you don't? Likely not.

xxtyderxx

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2009
Okay, well for the second part of my question does it mean they are brand new if they are both in the original box and sealed? Even the headphones and charger/USB cord are sealed like you would normally get with a brand new one?

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Okay, well for the second part of my question does it mean they are brand new if they are both in the original box and sealed? Even the headphones and charger/USB cord are sealed like you would normally get with a brand new one?

Nope you totally got used ones bro... You should get on the phone with them and bitch em out.... As far as keeping them both, hell yeah! You didn't make the mistake so screw em!! :rolleyes:

Are these really legitimate questions? Of course if it's in reatail packaging it's brand new and no, you should not keep the one they sent you. You will most likely be charged at some point when the mistake is found. If you have to ask if you should keep something you didn't pay for, something tells me you're probably not that honest of a person to begin with. (AND after the multiple responses you will surely get here, from other not so honest people on MR, I'm sure THEY will convince you that dishonesty IS the best policy) How often do you get to keep items that you didn't pay for? Why should it be different in this situation?

Last edited:

Joey011

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
I had a friend of mine that was pissed about his iPhone 4s replacement from Asurion. He wanted to trick Asuiron into trying to get an accessorie for his iphone 4s (which he really didnt own to begin with) He didn't really lose his phone but instead called Verizon and said it was lost. Then he called Asurion did the process over the phone and the rep had told him was there an accessories that was lost with a device like a case or a charger. He had told the rep that the iPhone 4s was in a Mophie Juice Pack Pro case (but he made that up the accessorie so he don't have to buy one at Best Buy for 140 bucks) he done this before when he owned a Black Berry and lied saying it came with a case. Asurion replace his blackberry with the case he asked for. So the rep was like ok and said was there any other accessories that was lost with the phone. He didn't want to push it and said that was it. A day after he recieved his iPhone 4s and the Juice Pack Pro case that he had lied about having it lost he was shocked and happy and thought hell yea I saved myself 140 bucks. What came as a surprise he wanted to get his iPhone 4S jailbroken. He took the phone to a friend to help him jailbreak but came to find out that the replacement phone and an iPhone 4 not a 4S he had previously owned. He was pissed and now that his replacement phone is jailbroken he can't return it to VeriZon and say that it was not the 4S. And what also sucked the most was that the Mophie Juice Pack plus case was defected. The extended battery to that case couldn't hold a charge. He got totally screwed over by Asurion. I had told him just report that IPhone 4 lost and get another one. He had to pay another 199 dollars for a replacement. So now hes stuck on a jailbroken iPhone 4 instead of the 4S he use to own with his jacked up juice pak. He still has the supposedly lost iPhone 4s but he can connect it because it's reported lost or stolen. It's useless but he can use over wifi and only download apps if it's jailbroken. What a complete dumbass. That's what he gets for lying.

Nishimaru

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Ah, didn't realize... OP if you get a NEW device sealed you'll have to let us know.

NEW > Refurb

Yes my white 64 gb did come in a apple factory sealed box BUT!!! I noticed the serial number was not of a 64 gb it was 16 serial number but the replacement was a 64 gb unless it's a newer manufactured and apple changed since the iPhone 5 or whatever it's called is soon here ..

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yes my white 64 gb did come in a apple factory sealed box BUT!!! I noticed the serial number was not of a 64 gb it was 16 serial number but the replacement was a 64 gb unless it's a newer manufactured and apple changed since the iPhone 5 or whatever it's called is soon here ..

Newbie,
Please check dates of posts before posting in (all-but) dead threads. The poster you quoted posted that response in January (a good 8 mo's. ago).

Thanks & enjoy the forums.

Rat Fink

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2012
Asurion RIP OFF insurance

ATT with two 4s for $150 a piece. Daughter cracked her screen the first month, Go figure. I find out after jumping through a few hoops the deductible on that phone is $199

Sticker shock and why was I not told when I opted for the insurance.
I find

http://www.ubreakifix.com/

89.99 and they are Local to me. They fix 15+ a day.

I pay $21 a month for Asurion insurance and its all they can do to avoid a claim.
I just canceled that $21 hit per month on my ATT.
Note to self, never get the extended warranty.
Now lost or stolen could be a good deal, but have you seen the prices on ebay. Your gonna get a refurbished phone anyway.
A theif has to sell your phone somewhere!

----------

That's what he gets for lying.

Asurion and ATT is no better. I was told by ATT that the sales process when offering Asurion insurance that there would be a deductible to replace a phone. NOT!
ATT receives cash for policy sales, so they are no better in this insurance scam.
So what a surprise when a crack screen on a $150 4s phone will cost me $199 not to mention the $21 a month to carry that scam insurance on 3 phones.

ATT for most of my life. I'm looking for another carrier. 2
$210 a month for 3 I-phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.