Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
text disappearing when i type and then reappearing. in gmail sometimes it wont load right and the page is messed up have to refresh. is safari having issues with this new build? i dont understand what is going on. also typing in here sometimes text disappears then reappears after i keep typing. Anybody else having these issues?safari 6 mountain lion

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
text disappearing when i type and then reappearing. in gmail sometimes it wont load right and the page is messed up have to refresh. is safari having issues with this new build? i dont understand what is going on. also typing in here sometimes text disappears then reappears after i keep typing. Anybody else having these issues?safari 6 mountain lion

I'm noticing some strange graphic artifacts in Safari as well. Fingers crossed 10.8.1 fixes things. Remember to report these. Apple needs to know.

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
Same issue here on my brand new Macbook Pro.

I'm running 10.8.1 and Safari 6 and it still happens on many pages (but not all).
It didn't ever happen in Chrome but I had to uninstall it because it was causing my machine to KP constantly.

I'll be submitting a bug report today. Interesting to see others having this issue too though. Glad it wasn't just me.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
not sure Safari would be fixed with an OSX update, would safari not get its own seprate update?

On my system I have two GPU's, some suspect that ML is having issues switching between the integrated and discrete GPU. Some have found the solution to switch off "switching automatically" in Energy Saver. It still does not work for me but is better running on the discrete GPU only.

I don't think they will push a Safari update, since I think the issue is OS X related. Just my 2 cents.

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
I also tried switching off the dynamic GPU swap feature (as I suspected it was causing issues with some of my Adobe software) but it has not stopped the disappearing text glitch. Thankfully it does not happen all the time, but it is enough of an issue to be visually annoying to me.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Noticed the same thing last night but when I rebooted, problem did not come back. Hope this helps.

natefair

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Same issue

Since I went to Lion and Safari 6, typing in text boxes produces odd results. The space bar sometimes causes the cursor to move back to the beginning of the text box. It did it here. Pausing after each space helps. Facebook is hopeless.

promohthree

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Just upgraded to a MBP Retina 15". Have had these exact issues with Safari since I started using this new machine. They happen very frequently, particularly when using GMail or typing in any sort of web window.

Any updates here? I'm open to any troubleshooting suggestions. I had these before installing any extensions, and I've disabled extensions today to verify that.

russgold

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Typing in text boxes produces weird results for me as well as someone reported. I also experience random white patches.

I have a sample of what happened to me today just on facebook.

This is a fresh install of Mountain Lion. Mid-2010 17' Macbook Pro 1920x1200

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-01 at 10.16.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-01 at 10.16.29 AM.png
    927.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Seandroid

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Canada
My Macbook Pro w/Retina Display does this when I have automatic graphics switching enabled, but not on the dedicated GPU.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Typing in text boxes produces weird results for me as well as someone reported. I also experience random white patches.

I have a sample of what happened to me today just on facebook.

This is a fresh install of Mountain Lion. Mid-2010 17' Macbook Pro 1920x1200

I have not sen this one. I do get the white page from time to time.

promohthree

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
I don't see how Spotify could affect Safari, but I'll indulge you:

I have a 2008 MBP and a 2012 rMBP. The 2008 MBP has Spotify installed (but rarely used) and works fine. The 2012 does *not* have Spotify installed, and is the one experiencing all of the Safari issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.