Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Json81

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2012
That is wrong. As made abundantly clear in the many posts in this thread, in the form of an actual video (in which the player isn't even using 64bit Windows and is playing the game in beta when the game was still CPU-dependent and not optimized) and actual benchmarks by at least one rMBP owner, it gets 30+fps at maxed settings (with shadows at medium and no AA) at 1920x1200. That's not to even mention the other rMBP owners chiming in their similar experience in the Guild Wars 2 Guru forum (I believe also linked by myself in this thread). And my experience. Not even using the latest drivers, I've been achieving the similar results since the Head Start.

No it's correct.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93XV7AourE that is in OP for instance shows running around in quest area, and I have no doubt that the game is playable with most settings on max there.

But when you have 100+ players in WvWvW casting spells etc there is no way that MBPr is powerful enough.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
That is wrong. As made abundantly clear in the many posts in this thread, in the form of an actual video (in which the player isn't even using 64bit Windows and is playing the game in beta when the game was still CPU-dependent and not optimized) and actual benchmarks by at least one rMBP owner, it gets 30+fps at maxed settings (with shadows at medium and no AA) at 1920x1200. That's not to even mention the other rMBP owners chiming in their similar experience in the Guild Wars 2 Guru forum (I believe also linked by myself in this thread). And my experience. Not even using the latest drivers, I've been achieving the similar results since the Head Start.

As to the high end desktop cards struggling, it is an optimization issue. Nvidia and Arena Net are still working on this (again this discussion also linked elsewhere in this thread). I've read many threads of people with the latest desktop GPUs and in SLI configurations struggling. It's not that two Nvidia GTX 690s in unison can't max the game. It's a software issue at the moment.

im not so sure about that.

my laptop is achieving the same sort of benchmark results in 3dmark 06 and 11 as rmbp (i have a 640 but overclocked it). at 1600x900, its fine on high settings running around casually, but as soon as you get more than 10 people in an event i see MASSIVE drops in FPS.

like it will go from 40s-50s to 15 or 20 fps. a lot of people ive talked to have said the same thing. the video you showed proves nothing because the game is not taxing when someone is running around without action. its cheating. whats taxing is the heavy calculation of objects, spell effects and enemies all going on at once.

my machine is not quad-core though, so unless that has something to do with it, I dont know.

another video here of baseline;

person is getting frames in 40s and 50s but this is in sub 1080 p and with settings at medium; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFo0mPJ28H8

these new drivers were hyped on guru but they dont do crap. in fact ive played with people in the game who got worse performance from this and wants to reroll back to 301.

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
How interesting! So that should work just as reliably as modded INFs from LaptopVideo2Go? Are there any caveats I should know about before using it?

Unfortunately I think I may have guided you to an old tool, it did work but I think it needs to be updated for the R200 series, so pretty much any newer driver past 3xx.xx :/

LT2G does have the inf and a modded version up now though.

PunktPunktPunkt

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Wohoo, new drivers indeed! Just a quick input:

You don't need any modded INF files for this install. I took my chances and just installed the official release from nvidia.com and it worked. Don't ask me why though.

Regarding performance improvements: No idea what I did differently, but I had an easily noticeable boost in performance. 10-20fps in every area which is huge. Be sure to chose the "advanced" install option - not express, and opt for the clean install!

Regarding massive framerate drops in WvW, I can just reiterate what I said before - it doesn't happen for me. I play with steady 40-60 fps, but never dropped below 30, neither in giant boss battles like the fire elemental in the asuran staring zone or the blood witch, nor in WvW with 100+ players.
I do however have issues with player or monster models disappearing altogether in those large battles, which most certainly explains the steady framerate. Hiding casting animations and player characters that do not affect the player in a fight is actually an intended measure to avoid bringing the game to a complete halt. There is only so much a graphics card can render at once. Bosses disappearing on the other hand is probably a bug and will hopefully be fixed soon.

maxmark

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012

You don't need any modded INF files for this install. I took my chances and just installed the official release from nvidia.com and it worked. Don't ask me why though.

Regarding performance improvements: No idea what I did differently, but I had an easily noticeable boost in performance. 10-20fps in every area which is huge. Be sure to chose the "advanced" install option - not express, and opt for the clean install!

Regarding massive framerate drops in WvW, I can just reiterate what I said before - it doesn't happen for me. I play with steady 40-60 fps, but never dropped below 30, neither in giant boss battles like the fire elemental in the asuran staring zone or the blood witch, nor in WvW with 100+ players.
I do however have issues with player or monster models disappearing altogether in those large battles, which most certainly explains the steady framerate. Hiding casting animations and player characters that do not affect the player in a fight is actually an intended measure to avoid bringing the game to a complete halt. There is only so much a graphics card can render at once. Bosses disappearing on the other hand is probably a bug and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Hi there, I don't understand but I'm quite disappointed here. I bought rMBP few days ago to play GW2, since I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks or so, the positive feedback from here was the main reason had been taken into account when I chose rMBP.

So, I got 2.6GHZ version installed the game under bootcamp in W7 Ultimate, using previous 296.49 driver with nothing changed in Nvidia control panel, I couldn't manage to get a steady frame rate in 1900*1200. When I switched to 1680*1050 (setting were high, except shadow set to Low, 3 boxes unchecked, no AA, no SS, etc), I got 30-40+ FPS in most PVE areas, but FPS dropped significantly to 15-20 when questing with more than 15 people. I'm still afraid of engaging WvW since this will not look nice.

Today I download the 306beta from official site, did a clean install, but nothing changed really. So my question is if you guys can get a nice frame rate no matter where you go and what you do in the game, would you be kind and let me how it works? Like detail setting in your nvidia control panel, detail setting in your in-game option menu, and detail setting in your in-game graphic menu?
Thank you in advance!

Libertine Lush

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
No it's correct.

im not so sure about that.

This truly confounds me. You have actual owners of the rMBP here sharing their actual experience with this game versus the beliefs and predictions of how the rMBP might run this game from non-rMBP owners. I do not see the framerates you're both predicting might occur in WvW, because I've played a lot in WvW at this point. It drops a bit, but not in the manner you're guessing might occur. I'm monitoring it with MSI Afterburner's Onscreen Display.

I do not begrudge you for having an opinion, but that's what it is: an opinion. I wouldn't be able to speak against it when the game wasn't official out--it would just be an opinion versus an opinion. But it is out now. I'm not sharing an opinion.

Also, your reference to the video in the first post, is not relevant. It was relevant at the time of my post when no other info was available. It stood as incredible evidence of potential: game runnning impressively during one of the BWEs on 32bit Windows and, if I recall right, the client still being wholy dependent the CPU at the time. But there have now been many optimizations through the latter betas and many stress tests. But again, all that's irrelevant now.

And even more so, given what PunktPunktPunkt has just reported. Anyways, I shouldn't have responded, but I just found it so very confounding why you would be so invested in an assumption, now that we have reports from actual gaming experience.

Unfortunately I think I may have guided you to an old tool, it did work but I think it needs to be updated for the R200 series, so pretty much any newer driver past 3xx.xx :/

LT2G does have the inf and a modded version up now though.

Indeed, right here for anyone who wants it: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29752-v30602-windows-8-64bit-nvidia-oem-mobile/

Do correct me if that's the wrong link. I believe "Nvidia OEM Mobile" should be referring to us rMBPers.

Wow! I'm trying it immediately after this reply. Would it still help to include the modded INF? Would we for some reason get more out of the driver?

10-20fps in every area which is huge. Be sure to chose the "advanced" install option - not express, and opt for the clean install!

Wow again! Based on the framerates I've been getting in the most massive WvW scenarios, that boost should keep me well above 30fps in all scenarios then.

Did you set a Restore point just in case? Since you won't be able to roll back the driver after you clean installed?

Can I say "wow" again?

And as some of you might have read in one of the Guild Wars 2 Guru threads, I think there was mention of a dev driver that includes even more GW2 optimizations, plus Arena Net has already stated they're not done with optimization. So we're already set as rMBP owners, but it looks like we'll get yet more framerate boosts!

Beezzy

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2011
The rMBP really needs a dual GPU, one for the screen another for programs and games. I wouldn't touch a rMBP for gaming until that happens. Its not powerful enough to power both the screen at max res and max settings.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
This truly confounds me. You have actual owners of the rMBP here sharing their actual experience with this game versus the beliefs and predictions of how the rMBP might run this game from non-rMBP owners. I do not see the framerates you're both predicting might occur in WvW, because I've played a lot in WvW at this point. It drops a bit, but not in the manner you're guessing might occur. I'm monitoring it with MSI Afterburner's Onscreen Display.

I do not begrudge you for having an opinion, but that's what it is: an opinion. I wouldn't be able to speak against it when the game wasn't official out--it would just be an opinion versus an opinion. But it is out now. I'm not sharing an opinion.

Also, your reference to the video in the first post, is not relevant. It was relevant at the time of my post when no other info was available. It stood as incredible evidence of potential: game runnning impressively during one of the BWEs on 32bit Windows and, if I recall right, the client still being wholy dependent the CPU at the time. But there have now been many optimizations through the latter betas and many stress tests. But again, all that's irrelevant now.

And even more so, given what PunktPunktPunkt has just reported. Anyways, I shouldn't have responded, but I just found it so very confounding why you would be so invested in an assumption, now that we have reports from actual gaming experience.

Indeed, right here for anyone who wants it: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29752-v30602-windows-8-64bit-nvidia-oem-mobile/

Do correct me if that's the wrong link. I believe "Nvidia OEM Mobile" should be referring to us rMBPers.

Wow! I'm trying it immediately after this reply. Would it still help to include the modded INF? Would we for some reason get more out of the driver?

Wow again! Based on the framerates I've been getting in the most massive WvW scenarios, that boost should keep me well above 30fps in all scenarios then.

Did you set a Restore point just in case? Since you won't be able to roll back the driver after you clean installed?

Can I say "wow" again?

And as some of you might have read in one of the Guild Wars 2 Guru threads, I think there was mention of a dev driver that includes even more GW2 optimizations, plus Arena Net has already stated they're not done with optimization. So we're already set as rMBP owners, but it looks like we'll get yet more framerate boosts!

you have a lot of claims but no proof. I merely speculate as I too have a ivy bridge laptop with comparable specs, though not a quad core. I already explained this to you. I also linked you to another video from aug 10 stress test which included high rez textures which they implanted around that point.

furthermore, why not reply to the guy right ABOVE you who is getting bad frames?

i see a lot of claims but no videos of anyone getting said performance. ive played the game for over hours now and I claim that the 650m simply is not as strong as your advocating. the original video didnt mean anything. if you look closer you can see that textures are at medium. then suddenly its not that impressive. furthermore, if you look through his comments he seems to have no clue about his own assements to the fps he is getting (he most likely guessed) and the video looked jerky.

So I see a lot of denial, and its a shame when people like maxmark goes out and buys the machine and doesnt understand why he is not getting those fps.

if your getting those frames, im not telling you that you are a liar but it just does not seem realistic to me. shadows, particles and supersampling are system killers. even with shadows set to medium, its extremely taxing. even now at release.

furthermore i dont know why you are ignoring the fact that some people have gotten worse performance in release. (see reddit!).

so in conclusion, im not calling you a liar, but I just cant see these types of gains for my own system and am trying to understand it.

fermer101

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say that I've been getting some really terrible FPS in Guild Wars 2 on my rMBP. I'm seeing 15-25 FPS on medium at 1920 x 1200 simply running around with no players or NPC's on screen. I've installed the 306.02 beta drivers but it didn't help.

I then noticed something strange after running MSi Afterburner while playing. First off, the core clock never reaches the default 900MHz but instead seems to go only to 725MHz. Second, both the core clock and memory clock fluctuate rapidly between I guess their max and min values. This was evident while in-game because it would run seemingly smooth for about 2 seconds, then drop down to about 10 fps for one second, then smooth for another 2 seconds and so on. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

Anyone have any idea as to what's going on?

Attachments

• Guild Wars 2.PNG
    Guild Wars 2.PNG
    32.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say that I've been getting some really terrible FPS in Guild Wars 2 on my rMBP. I'm seeing 15-25 FPS on medium at 1920 x 1200 simply running around with no players or NPC's on screen. I've installed the 306.02 beta drivers but it didn't help.

I then noticed something strange after running MSi Afterburner while playing. First off, the core clock never reaches the default 900MHz but instead seems to go only to 725MHz. Second, both the core clock and memory clock fluctuate rapidly between I guess their max and min values. This was evident while in-game because it would run seemingly smooth for about 2 seconds, then drop down to about 10 fps for one second, then smooth for another 2 seconds and so on. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

Anyone have any idea as to what's going on?

hey fermer,

1) have you downloaded every windows update available? also have you downloaded direct x runtime? gw2 is a dx9 based game (still!) and its supposed to be included dx10, but it sometimes clears up some things if you do that.

2) is your computer plugged in, and have you made sure that bottom battery icon in right bottom side of the bar is set to high performance and not balanced or energy saving? this setting if not set to high performance severely limits it.

3) have you downloaded speedfan to see the temperatures on the GPU and CPU under load (try a run through 3dmark 11). then you will be able to see if throttling,overheating or if there is something wrong. if you get okay temperatures while running 3dmark 11 and your score is around 2200, then you can eliminate the hardware problems.

4) have you installed all the other bootcamp drivers?

5) have you taken off supersampling and set to native? inside gw2?

6) have you tried seeing ctrl + alt + delete, go under processes and see cpu usage while running gw2. also, see if gw2.exe is set to the right priority. you can allocate how much resources you want an app to have access to, and i tried in the beta of gw2 that gw2.exe was somehow only allocated low priority which means it ran much more poorly

7) in nvidia control panel, you can see under gw2 (if there is no profile you can find it) and then force high performance.

see if any of these works and get back to us. I would love to hear what you find.

peace and harmony,

fermer101

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
hey fermer,

1) have you downloaded every windows update available? also have you downloaded direct x runtime? gw2 is a dx9 based game (still!) and its supposed to be included dx10, but it sometimes clears up some things if you do that.

2) is your computer plugged in, and have you made sure that bottom battery icon in right bottom side of the bar is set to high performance and not balanced or energy saving? this setting if not set to high performance severely limits it.

3) have you downloaded speedfan to see the temperatures on the GPU and CPU under load (try a run through 3dmark 11). then you will be able to see if throttling,overheating or if there is something wrong. if you get okay temperatures while running 3dmark 11 and your score is around 2200, then you can eliminate the hardware problems.

4) have you installed all the other bootcamp drivers?

5) have you taken off supersampling and set to native? inside gw2?

6) have you tried seeing ctrl + alt + delete, go under processes and see cpu usage while running gw2. also, see if gw2.exe is set to the right priority. you can allocate how much resources you want an app to have access to, and i tried in the beta of gw2 that gw2.exe was somehow only allocated low priority which means it ran much more poorly

7) in nvidia control panel, you can see under gw2 (if there is no profile you can find it) and then force high performance.

see if any of these works and get back to us. I would love to hear what you find.

peace and harmony,

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I ran 3Dmark11 twice and got a score of about 1200 the first time and 1456 the second time. For some reason it also states that core clock of my GPU is 405MHz. The max CPU temps during the test were about 82C and the max GPU temp was 70C.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

6. The priority was set to normal although after I set it to high I did notice about a 5-10 fps bump.

7. I set all the settings to high performance in the nvidia control panel and also lowered settings to the lowest in-game and I was still getting terrible FPS.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I ran 3Dmark11 twice and got a score of about 1200 the first time and 1456 the second time. For some reason it also states that core clock of my GPU is 405MHz. The max CPU temps during the test were about 82C and the max GPU temp was 70C.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

6. The priority was set to normal although after I set it to high I did notice about a 5-10 fps bump.

7. I set all the settings to high performance in the nvidia control panel and also lowered settings to the lowest in-game and I was still getting terrible FPS.

this cant be right. you should be getting something closer to 2000 points in 3dmark 11!!

Like in notebookchecks review; http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-Retina-2-3-GHz-Mid-2012.78959.0.html

the clockspeed also seems wrong.

have you checked if it shows the same gpu clock speeds in gpu-z?

fermer101

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
this cant be right. you should be getting something closer to 2000 points in 3dmark 11!!

Like in notebookchecks review; http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-Retina-2-3-GHz-Mid-2012.78959.0.html

the clockspeed also seems wrong.

have you checked if it shows the same gpu clock speeds in gpu-z?

GPU-Z shows the correct core clock of 900MHz.

The only thing I can think of is that it's significantly throttling but that would mean it throttles at temps that are perfectly reasonable. That would also contradict other reports like in anandtech's review that say there is no significant throttling.

So I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT: Ok, just ran 3DMark11 again and got a score of 2032. The thing is though that the max CPU temp was 90C and the GPU temp was 82C which would suggest that it isn't throttling seeing as how I got a lower score while reaching lower temps before.

Last edited:

Json81

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2012

There's always people that claims they can run a game at maxed settings without high end hardware. This fools other people into believing them, buying that kind of hardware and being terribly dissapointed. Usually it turns out that the guy claiming to have maxed settings forgot to mention that x/y/z was disabled or he was just staring at a wall in the game (or he is satisfied with 20fps).

In this case, as I said, the game should be playable with pretty much everything maxed out while questing.
But a desktop system with higher end hardware than MBPr doesn't keep up in heavy WvWvW it's not believable when someone says it does.

If you have played WvWvW, maybe you didn't get to the point where 100+ people try to attack a keep?

I had 30-40 fps in WvWvW with my 6770m and high/medium settings until heavy fighting started. It then dropped to 12-13.
The 650m is roughly 50% faster than 6770m. CPU difference between ivy bridge and sandy bridge is minimal.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
GPU-Z shows the correct core clock of 900MHz.

The only thing I can think of is that it's significantly throttling but that would mean it throttles at temps that are perfectly reasonable. That would also contradict other reports like in anandtech's review that say there is no significant throttling.

So I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT: Ok, just ran 3DMark11 again and got a score of 2032. The thing is though that the max CPU temp was 90C and the GPU temp was 82C which would suggest that it isn't throttling seeing as how I got a lower score while reaching lower temps before.

could it be that it doesnt recognize the GPU but runs on the build in HD graphics? somethings up with the graphics switching?

----------

There's always people that claims they can run a game at maxed settings without high end hardware. This fools other people into believing them, buying that kind of hardware and being terribly dissapointed. Usually it turns out that the guy claiming to have maxed settings forgot to mention that x/y/z was disabled or he was just staring at a wall in the game (or he is satisfied with 20fps).

In this case, as I said, the game should be playable with pretty much everything maxed out while questing.
But a desktop system with higher end hardware than MBPr doesn't keep up in heavy WvWvW it's not believable when someone says it does.

If you have played WvWvW, maybe you didn't get to the point where 100+ people try to attack a keep?

I had 30-40 fps in WvWvW with my 6770m and high/medium settings until heavy fighting started. It then dropped to 12-13.
The 650m is roughly 50% faster than 6770m. CPU difference between ivy bridge and sandy bridge is minimal.

Yeah,

that and some people who have agendas on trying to lure people into buying things. on notebookreviews forum there are representatives from the various manufactureres who pretend to just be normal users. they claim unreasonable performance results to trick people into buying certain computers. its really shady.
other people have an ego and regret their own purchase and then try to justify it by making other people buy into the same as them.

fermer101

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
could it be that it doesnt recognize the GPU but runs on the build in HD graphics? somethings up with the graphics switching?

That isn't possible because there is no graphics switching under Windows.

Can everyone else confirm that while running games the core clock remains at a constant 900MHz?

maxmark

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
That isn't possible because there is no graphics switching under Windows.

Can everyone else confirm that while running games the core clock remains at a constant 900MHz?

Not constant, checked the latest GPUZ when I was running the game in the background, the core clock remains at 796.9MHz. But when I switch the programs using Alt+Tab I saw it was running at 900MHz. So it can reach at 900MHz.

However, that is not the main concern here, isn't it? Even my GPU core is running at 900MHz, I still can't manage to get a decent framerate. Haven't got any suggestions from anyone since my last post.

Peace!

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
I dont know what to tell you mate. we cant even ask on the official forums. ArenaNet co-founder mike obrien loves Macs. maybe more on the team uses them too.

LLets hope for improvementss!

Libertine Lush

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009

Regarding performance improvements: No idea what I did differently, but I had an easily noticeable boost in performance. 10-20fps in every area which is huge.

I do however have issues with player or monster models disappearing altogether in those large battles, which most certainly explains the steady framerate.

So I've had the chance to install the 306.02 drivers too now. I did a clean install, but I see no performance difference. I even replaced the INF with the modded INF, but again no difference.

I haven't, however, seen monster models disappearing, yet.

Do you think maybe doing the "Have Disk" install method might be any different? Since this driver comes with an installer wouldn't it be the same as doing the "Have Disk" method?

My Nvidia control panel shows the 306.02 as the driver running, so presumably that means it installed successfully? And did you customize anything in the control panel?

Lastly, I've updated the first post of this thread and will continue to do so, so new readers can have quick access to the most important and updated info on how this game runs on our tiny little slab of aluminum.

fermer101

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Hey guys.

Just wanted to say that I figured out what was causing such a weird range of performance in games and benchmarks. It all came down to ambient temperature. I found that when the temperature in my room is approximately between 70-80F, my GPU will run at a constant core clock of 900MHz. Ambient temperatures between roughly 80-90F will cause the GPU to run mostly constant somewhere between 700-800MHz. 90F+ temperatures cause the GPU to do what happened in my previous MSi afterburner screenshot of wildly fluctuating the core clock which results in absolutely terrible performance.

TLDR; Turn on your A/C or get throttled.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Hey guys.

Just wanted to say that I figured out what was causing such a weird range of performance in games and benchmarks. It all came down to ambient temperature. I found that when the temperature in my room is approximately between 70-80F, my GPU will run at a constant core clock of 900MHz. Ambient temperatures between roughly 80-90F will cause the GPU to run mostly constant somewhere between 700-800MHz. 90F+ temperatures cause the GPU to do what happened in my previous MSi afterburner screenshot of wildly fluctuating the core clock which results in absolutely terrible performance.

TLDR; Turn on your A/C or get throttled.

wow it must have been really hot in your room?

I thought that CPU + GPU throttling was more a problem of sandybridge than ivybridge macbook pros?

since no CPUs are exactly the same, does it mean that the heat is also different from laptop to laptop?

also, when you have your ac on now, how does gw 2 run now?:=)

fermer101

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
wow it must have been really hot in your room?

I thought that CPU + GPU throttling was more a problem of sandybridge than ivybridge macbook pros?

since no CPUs are exactly the same, does it mean that the heat is also different from laptop to laptop?

also, when you have your ac on now, how does gw 2 run now?:=)

Yes, it was very hot in my room. The reason is that I don't have AC but the temperature where I live has really cooled down over the past few days. Guild wars runs great now that the temperature in my room is usually between 70-80F. Usually between 40-60fps with drops to around 30fps when there is a lot of people/action on screen.

The thing is that there is no perceivable throttling provided that the room is cool. So the previous reports saying that there really is no throttling is correct because I assume they were testing it in a cool room. Results may vary between each computer but at least for me there is very obvious throttling in a warm/hot room.

Libertine Lush

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
Usually between 40-60fps with drops to around 30fps when there is a lot of people/action on screen.

Nice! Sounds even just a bit better than what I'm getting--I think rarely hit 60. What settings and firmware are you using? And presumably with most settings maxed at 1920x1200?

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Any chance you guys could make some videos with fraps (not recording) and setting shown?

cheers

fermer101

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Nice! Sounds even just a bit better than what I'm getting--I think rarely hit 60. What settings and firmware are you using? And presumably with most settings maxed at 1920x1200?

Yeah I too rarely hit 60, it usually hovers around 50fps most of the time. I'm using the default auto-detect settings which set everything to medium and I'm running @ 1920x1200 on an external monitor. I have the latest 306.02 beta drivers installed.

I haven't tried running at higher settings but I'll do that later today and update this post with results.

Any chance you guys could make some videos with fraps (not recording) and setting shown?

cheers

I'll try doing that later today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.