Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
My requirements:

- Fits in a standard shirt pocket
- Removable battery
- microSDXC slot
- 2GB RAM
- Unbreakable screen
- Global LTE

Last edited:

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Don't you think "unbreakable screen" is an unrealistic request?

Also, I'm interested in seeing what this phone will be like. Phablets are interesting to see.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Don't you think "unbreakable screen" is an unrealistic request?

Also, I'm interested in seeing what this phone will be like. Phablets are interesting to see.

I mean "unbreakable", like in a flexible screen. This does not mean that you can bend the phone.

This has been in development since quite a while.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

In the link above......

"The KoreanTimes: The Galaxy Note II will use a 5.5 ultra-thin flexible AMOLED screen.
The AMOLED in question uses an unbreakable Plane (UBP) and plastic substrate helping it reduce its thickness by 0.4mm. "

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I mean "unbreakable", like in a flexible screen. This does not mean that you can bend the phone.

This has been in development since quite a while.

Yep, and the Note II is said to be getting the flexible screen. Dont know how you could break that unless your pour some liquid on it. They bent that screen pretty good in demos.

Here is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEHp15Hoo0

Last edited:

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Why would I want a BIGGER screen with LOWER resolution???

I'll be looking for a good deal on some 720p Android.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
The LG Optimus G has better than 720p, 2GB RAM, quad core, memory slot, and removable battery.

Let's see the price and if if it has global 3G and LTE.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
I actually like the new note, looks cool, specs are good. Just don't get the lower res and ppi. But, luckily the difference is small :)

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
The LG Optimus G has better than 720p, 2GB RAM, quad core, memory slot, and removable battery.

Let's see the price and if if it has global 3G and LTE.

I trust Samsung to be around a lot longer than lg

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Semi-realistic features

A 5.3+ display

Quad core Exynos 1.2GHz+

2GB RAM

16GB+ built in with dual MicroSD slot that automatically RAID (a little dream of mine I've had for a while)

Large battery to retain the same if not better life then the correct generation.

2MP front camera

8MP back camera with increased optics

Available in Pebble Blue, Black, Red, White, Titanium, Amber Brown, and Deep Orange.

Unrealistic features

Pure Android 4.1 Jellybean with no bloat

Non glossy, soft touch back on all colors but white (for dirt management)

Flexible "unbreakable" display

Slightly curved glass

Dual ROM chips, like dual BIOS chips, if you flash a bad install on one, you pop the cover and flip a small switch, then you are back to a stock ROM where you can reflash your corrupted ROM. Remove one aspect of bricking.

All predictions in this post are © 2012 Orange Fur ball

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
Semi-realistic features

A 5.3+ display

Quad core Exynos 1.2GHz+

2GB RAM

16GB+ built in with dual MicroSD slot that automatically RAID (a little dream of mine I've had for a while)

Large battery to retain the same if not better life then the correct generation.

2MP front camera

8MP back camera with increased optics

Available in Pebble Blue, Black, Red, White, Titanium, Amber Brown, and Deep Orange.

Unrealistic features

Pure Android 4.1 Jellybean with no bloat

Non glossy, soft touch back on all colors but white (for dirt management)

Flexible "unbreakable" display

Slightly curved glass

Dual ROM chips, like dual BIOS chips, if you flash a bad install on one, you pop the cover and flip a small switch, then you are back to a stock ROM where you can reflash your corrupted ROM. Remove one aspect of bricking.

All predictions in this post are © 2012 Orange Fur ball

You do know it's already been released? :confused:

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
yep, samsung takes home almost all the android profits. everyone else is treading water and will probably go under soon.

and samsung pays of developers so that new android apps will run on samsung phones. sometimes its exclusivity, sometimes to make sure the comparability is there. so there is no more nonsense like skype video not working on a lot of phones

MACis122

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Looks like we have a speculative release date of october 21st I'm really excited for this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.