Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I WISH! I have a first generation CTS and have been drooling over the CTS-V for a long time now.

Heater

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Was just wondering. I have a 12 and absolutely love it! Best car I've ever had...and car with the largest price tag I've ever had!

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Was just wondering. I have a 12 and absolutely love it! Best car I've ever had...and car with the largest price tag I've ever had!

What package does yours have? I'm a sucker for those cool pop-up navigation systems the new CTS and CTS-V's have :p

Heater

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
All the V's have the pop up screen. I have the sedan. I love the coupe but it's much smaller.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
All the V's have the pop up screen. I have the sedan. I love the coupe but it's much smaller.

Nice choice with the sedan! I've always liked the coupe but the sedan would be my second choice. I think the wagon is horrendous looking though.

Heater

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
The wagon grows on you however the coupe is by far the best looking of the 3. It's also heavier.

jasonvp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
Northern VA
The wagon grows on you however the coupe is by far the best looking of the 3. It's also heavier.

It's all subjective. I think both the coupe and the wagon are hideous, but I understand why GM designed them. For me, it was (and is, should I ever decide to buy again) the sedan. It's got the right proportions and just looks the part.

Hopefully your car came with the Recaro seats and a proper manual six-speed transmission? Right? :)

jas

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I would get the coupe, but the wagon has a certain appeal to me as well. Not only can it carry more stuff, but the sleeper factor is in play. Some punk kid comes up and insults you for driving a wagon and you can put his ricer mobile and him into his place. :p

*does not condone street racing*

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2009
SF
I would get the coupe, but the wagon has a certain appeal to me as well. Not only can it carry more stuff, but the sleeper factor is in play. Some punk kid comes up and insults you for driving a wagon and you can put his ricer mobile and him into his place. :p

*does not condone street racing*

It all depends on what the punk kid is driving. There are faster cars out there than the CTS-V and the skidpad numbers it can pull are relatively average among today's high performance car.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
It all depends on what the punk kid is driving. There are faster cars out there than the CTS-V and the skidpad numbers it can pull are relatively average among today's high performance car.

True, but the chances of a punk kid driving a GT-R, Z06, ZR1, Aventador, etc is pretty rare. I mean the snot nose kid who has a S2000 that is riced up and thinks a wagon can't keep up with it.

Heater

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
I've done my fair share of beating up Z06's 600cc bikes ect. I Would love to have the 6 speed manual but those are harder to find than cheap gas right now. I did get the white hardtop with graphite wheels which is also a rare find so I can't really complain having the auto. Is still fun to drive just not as fun. It shifts in .08 of a second!

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I've done my fair share of beating up Z06's 600cc bikes ect. I Would love to have the 6 speed manual but those are harder to find than cheap gas right now. I did get the white hardtop with graphite wheels which is also a rare find so I can't really complain having the auto. Is still fun to drive just not as fun. It shifts in .08 of a second!

The Z06 in the hands of a good driver will beat the CTS-V. The best the CTS-V has been able to do is 4.1-4.3 seconds seconds 0-60 quarter mile in 12.5 seconds@116 MPH. The Z06 will do 0-60 in about 3.5-3.8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 11.8 seconds @123 MPH. It's pretty much a drivers race, but drivers being equal, Z06 is faster.

Heater

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
I agree with you 100% the fact is all the numbers games are taken from some of the best drivers in the world so when we are talking less than a second it's anyone's win. The technology going into automobiles is so amazing. As a country we haven't seen jumps in the auto industry like this since the 60's. When it comes down to it until I hit my mid life crisis I'll stick with my 4 door luxury car over a vette. Lol

jaysen

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
I'm a sucker for the Wagon - I think it'll be my next car depending on the Audi A76/S6 refresh. I'm only 3 years in to my A4!

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
I've had 2 CTSs (2003 & 2009) and 2 SRXs (2004 & 2011); my next car will DEFINITELY be an Audi, specifically the A3 diesel.

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
Good choice ;)

Audi FTW

Yes it is .. especially considering it's one of the very few diesel cars in the US. I was a work a couple months ago and speaking with a British guest who told me he has an SUV in the UK ... however, unlike ours, it's a 1.6L diesel which gets 60mpg. I can't find a US version of any SUV that breaks the 30mpg mark ... hardly surprising since NONE are diesels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.