Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Two days from the start of the season!

It's going to be brutal for me this year. We ditched cable tv about nine months ago because we were just wasting money. We very rarely watched tv. It was a lot easier to make the decision because college football had just ended. Now I'm starting to panic a bit. ;)

There are lots of free services on the internet to help you by! Not the most reliable but they can at least get you by............

by the way...

ROLL TIDE~ :D

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Two days from the start of the season!

It's going to be brutal for me this year. We ditched cable tv about nine months ago because we were just wasting money. We very rarely watched tv. It was a lot easier to make the decision because college football had just ended. Now I'm starting to panic a bit. ;)

Perfect excuse to go out to a sports bar and watch the games :)

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Winners in bold
Should be some good games

#9 South Carolina at Vanderbilt
Lot of talk coming out of Nashville, but SC is too good for them

#24 Boise State at #13 Michigan State
Sparty at home and Boise without Kellen Moore

#14 Clemson v. Auburn
This is a toss up IMO

#8 Michigan v. #2 Alabama
I don't see the upset here, Bama will play 4 quarters

Georgia Tech at #16 Virginia Tech
eff the Bees :)

Buffalo at #6 Georgia
Confidence builder for this team

----------

Oh, and anyone have a quarterback we can use this year?

Sheesh, we already gave LSU their starting QB

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
The upcoming expanded playoff and other distractions have really soured me on the one sport I used to love so much more than I do now. I'll continue to cheer for my team, but aside from that my heart just isn't really in it anymore. :(

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Winners in bold
Should be some good games

#9 South Carolina at Vanderbilt
Lot of talk coming out of Nashville, but SC is too good for them

#24 Boise State at #13 Michigan State
Sparty at home and Boise without Kellen Moore

#14 Clemson v. Auburn
This is a toss up IMO

#8 Michigan v. #2 Alabama
I don't see the upset here, Bama will play 4 quarters

Georgia Tech at #16 Virginia Tech
eff the Bees :)

Buffalo at #6 Georgia
Confidence builder for this team

This one kills me, these are my two favorite teams! I have a slight pull for Bama, but man it is a hard one. Now if we were playing those pesky "Dawgs" or any team in orange.... well that would be easy! :D

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Josh Nunes is the new starting quarterback for Stanford. He won't completely fill the huge shoes of Andrew Luck, but I expect he'll efficiently run the offense and make his share of throws. Or he'll just hand the ball off to Stepfan Taylor, who should have opened a lot of eyes nationally by gaining 170 yards in the Fiesta Bowl. He figures to be in the Heisman conversation like Toby Gerhart and Andrew Luck before him.

I'm actually most excited about seeing Stanford's defense this season. Speed, athleticism, and depth rarely seen on the Farm. I'm not expecting another BCS berth due to a tougher schedule and a less experienced quarterback, but should be an exciting season.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Ol' Ball Coach can't be happy with what he has seen from Connor Shaw in the first half so far

10-10 Vandy hanging with the 'Cocks

I thought Vandy might be done after they missed so many 1st quarter opportunities

noodile

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2012
PENN STATE PROUD.

pennstate.jpg

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Wow, I don't understand why SCarolina isn't pounding Vandy with a good dose of Lattimore

Backup QB in the game and they are still running the QB and throwing??
Sheesh

If I had the big guy, I'd use him

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
They may be afraid to work Lattimore that hard with him coming back from an ACL injury.

I agree, but it isn't even about working him hard, they are hardly working him... at all
Lattimore has 5 carries
Backup QB almost has that many
And they are trying to have the backup QB pass

Strange to me...

I think Lattimore may not be as healthy as advertised

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
The upcoming expanded playoff and other distractions have really soured me on the one sport I used to love so much more than I do now. I'll continue to cheer for my team, but aside from that my heart just isn't really in it anymore. :(

I'm gonna give you something to cheer for. During a quality drinking session, I made a bet with a Sooner. He works the same job as I do - just a different company. We made a lanyard bet. If OU wins our game, I have to wear an OU lanyard for a solid month. The rule is, the lanyard needs to be worn anytime I need my badge. That's a huge amount of time. At work. During my commute. Anytime I'm not at home. You know what I do for a living - if I lose this bet I'll have to stare roughly 600 people every day in the eye and thank them while wearing a ****ing Sooner lanyard around my neck. Holy ****. And vice versa for him. He's scared too.

If I lose this thing, I'll post a pic. That'll give you something to look forward to. :)

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
^^^
I think you must have had more to drink than your buddy :)

Not too impressed with SC or Vandy last night
Of course opening on the road in the SEC is tough for anybody

Lattimore is clearly not game ready in spite of 100 yds and 2 TDs
Connor Shaw was beaten to a bloody pulp
Will have to wait and see the lasting effects of that shoulder injury

Feeling good about the Dawgs in the East this morning
But it is a long road to the SEC Championship Game aka National Championship Game ;)

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
^^^
I think you must have had more to drink than your buddy :)

Yeah - it wasn't one of my smarter moments! But my buddy was talking trash and I had to step up. We'll see - it's a horrible bet on paper, but it's also a rivalry game where anything can happen.

Gameday! Hook'em!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Why does it not bother me to hear about Nick Saban or Les Miles
But when I keep hearing about Urban Meyer... ugh
Urban is a drama queen

Last edited:

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Meh, Dawgs will win the game I'm sure
But not happy with the first half at all

Buffalo out gained Georgia 243-188 in total yards in the first half
Bulls with 147 rushing yards
Dawgs lead 24-16 on 2 big plays, a KO return for TD and long pass for TD

With 5 defensive players suspended, it doesn't look good for the Mizzou game next week

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
With 5 defensive players suspended, it doesn't look good for the Mizzou game next week

You friggin' sandbagger. :) You're gonna handle Missouri easily. They don't suck, but I don't see an upset here.

And holy crap, what a bummer start for Penn State.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.