Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riveting

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Ok, this question maybe stupid and maybe asked before. But what is the easiest way to transfer all the photos on my iphone and voice memo back to a computer (PC or MAC). We have a dropbox auto sync photos, but not enough space on my dropbox.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Connect it with a sync cable and it will show up like a hard drive that you can open up, browse, and copy files over. Don't recall if this works for voice memos.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Seriously, you can browse and then drag and drop your pics with no need for extra software. Not sure why all the app suggestions.

The voice memos sync over in iTunes and should be placed in your iTunes folder on your pc.

riveting

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks all, it seems that I can find the photos and copy to my PC. Now to sync the voice memo, since I didn't enable music sync with itune before, when I try to do that, itune warn me that it will delete all the music and voice memo content on my iphone. Is there a easy way to transfer back the voice memos?

Seriously, you can browse and then drag and drop your pics with no need for extra software. Not sure why all the app suggestions.

The voice memos sync over in iTunes and should be placed in your iTunes folder on your pc.

Coddybao

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
Here's the iTunes warning that comes up: <The iPhone “someone's iPhone” is synced with another iTunes library on “someone”. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?> Good one. Now, does that mean my iPhone gets erased first? Am I going to erase the stuff I spent hours recording? iTunes is beyond ridiculously bad. and why isn't it clear that voice memos - evidently a separate app - creates files that have to be managed through the itunes library and then transfer voice memos from iPhone to Mac.

But hey - love the giant red button in Voice Memos!

Last edited:

Huelskamp

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015
iphone to Computer Transfer is a tool that can help you backup all your files not limited to photos, but also can transfer music, videos, playlists and more from your iphone to pc or iTunes easily. Moreover, the tool is also can work for iPad, iPod Touch content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.