Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaperQueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I'm presenting a training session in a hotel conference room that has a wall-mounted HD television. My original idea was to bring my Apple TV box along, connect it to the television, then share my MBA desktop wirelessly while working through the live demo.

Until it occurred to me: HDMI ports aren't accessible on the hotel's wall mounted flat screens--only the composite ports, on the side of the television.

So.

Is there a way to share my MBA's desktop on the wall-mounted television without sinking a ton of money into the process? Either wired or wireless...don't need audio, just video.

Thanks in advance. :)

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
You sure they don't have a VGA cord? Any way you can check? Without at least VGA I don't think you can do it on the cheap.

PaperQueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
You sure they don't have a VGA cord? Any way you can check? Without at least VGA I don't think you can do it on the cheap.

I *do* have a MiniDisplay > VGA adapter (use it all the time when I speak in theater settings). Is there such a thing as a VGA > Composite cable, and if so, would that work?

Ex: MBA > MiniDisplay to VGA adapter > VGA to composite cable > television

If we ask the hotel for anything (even a cable), the A/V Dept. charges us for an additional monitor, etc. ($500+). Since there's already a flat screen hanging on the wall, and I'm the only presenter who needs one, makes no sense to pony up that much cash.

Thankfully, there's no audio track, which is why I keep thinking there's an affordable solution I can justify for one gig.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.