Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Finally. Retina or not, I'll buy whatever 27 inch model they release. I'm mostly in it for the computing power and size of the screen.

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks MacRumors for trying to slip in a Mac news on the front page, eventhough these Apple Store shortages sadly don't really mean anything.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I'm not sure how accurate this is. 2 weeks ago I wanted to buy a 27 inch iMac in store so I looked online first to see which store near me had one; they all said August 27 as the available date. I go to the Pentagon City store and they say they have "several" in stock and I walked out with one on 5 minutes.

cool story bro it changed my life.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The average amount of time between updates over the past 5 years has been 273 days. So far for this update,its been close to double that. I wonder what goodies Apple has in store for us?

The iMac has been updated a couple of times in the last 500 days. Or are you one of those that only counts a full physical overhaul as an 'update'

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Finally some mac related rumors! thanks.. just keep it going because we dont know much about the imacs so quit it on the iphone stuff because we already know enough.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Nothing on the 21.5, could it possibly be getting the axe ?

No, it will likely get a spec bump at least. It just hasn't sold out

It makes sense for the 27. They will start the retina move with the desktop the biz types are more likely to buy since they are the ones typically with the cash etc. some of those businesses might be the same oct to sept fiscal calendar as Apple so they are buying now to use up budget money so it's not pulled as unneeded. Plus that model could be used by some tv productions and season filming did just start up in this last month. Plenty of new shows with fat budgets etc. So the 27 has had more sales and if it is about to be revamped production on the old one is stopped.

The college and high school kids are more about iPads and notebooks right now. Thus the 21's slower sales at this moment

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Finally some mac related rumors! thanks.. just keep it going because we dont know much about the imacs so quit it on the iphone stuff because we already know enough.

Ha. Somehow I knew you would say that. Anyway, 12 sept imac launch seems quite feasible, if there will be an event on oct for ipad mini. Could be a silent update / web update. We shall see..

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
This is good news, iMacs and Minis are overdue for a refresh now (not to mention the Mac Pros, but I've dropped the idea that Apple cares about the pro market at this point).

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I believe Tim Cook sent out a statement to some unhappy customers letting them know a more substantial update would be coming to both the iMac and Mac Pro by March of next year...

Actually, he said "late next year" - which rules-out March. And Apple actually later clarified that Cook was referring to the Mac Pro models, not the iMac.

That being said, I highly doubt we'll see a Retina iMac at either size, though anything is possible.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I have the money saved for the 27 inch

I have already saved up for it, took me a year. I live in Jamaica, so its gonna be difficult to get it out since its so big. Don't want to buy it locally, too much mark up. I am still wondering if I should continue saving and wait until summer next year when Haswell is released.

MaulRx

Suspended
Aug 27, 2012
Powering an iMac with MagSafe would be stupid. Having one to charge notebooks, like the thunderbolt display, would be a great addition.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
My only question is - will the SSD option be priced somewhere close to reality this time?

I think it will. Probably nothing close to prices you get if you buy ssd for a pc :) but definately lower than the bloated current prices. I´m very curious to see what will happen to the new iMac. How it iwll be, will it be optional a lot of ssd HDD to replace a normal HDD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.