Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
While that's true I have a gut feeling the iMac will be a surprise.

I hope it's the 'one more thing'...

Right now is the time to get the iMac out...

----------

Apple simply would not release two different iMac models at different times of the year. It makes no sense from a marketing perspective.

Agreed...with the iMac shortage..it's obvious something new is coming...otherwise they could have just done a silent upgrade like they did with the Mac Pro and just put the 'new' tag on it. There is no reason to wait this long on the iMac unless it's getting a redesign.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Agreed. It doesn't make any sense for Apple to release an update only 7 months later. I don't think we've ever seen that short of an update cycle from Apple (regarding the iDevices), with maybe the exception of the Verizon iPhone?

Given that the "New iPad" was a compromise device with heat & thickness issues, giving it a 7 month lifespan would be less surprising than normal. They may use this opportunity to make sure their big mass consumer products launch just before the holidays, rather than just after them.

I find it extremely unlikely they'd make an iMac sandwich though. They'll either let the new 21" sit in China or launch the 27" with limited supply.

iScott428

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Orlando, FL
Why would Apple launch iMacs at different times? They tend to release MBP's at different times because of processors, screen availability, other component constraints, but it makes no sense to me why they would split the launch of the iMac.

I still think we will see new 13" rMBP, iMac, Mac Mini plus a new iPhone in early September. :cool:

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Am I the only one who doesn't believe that Apple will be releasing a minor update to the iPad this year?

It may be cost-reduction, like putting a 35nm A5X, which would also give better battery life. They could also replace the old dock connector with the new one while they're at it.

I'd be surprised too, but it's possible.

Ice Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Again, I'll take it. This is what I want to hear. It's getting to the point where just baseless rumors are fine. Even Digitimes stuff I want to hear.

Just put all the lawsuit crap on the back burner and let's move forward.

Daalseth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I want a new CLASSIC!!! Lol sorry about this impossible rant. I just need it.
When the Mac turned 20 and then 25 I was hoping that they'd release a limited edition Mac Classic. The old style 9" Mac case with Mac Mini guts inside and a 9" LCD screen.

I guess now they could release one with an iPad for the screen and a Bluetooth keyboard. The rest of the case could then be a tiny beer-fridge.

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hopefully with a matte display option. Or else it is a deal-braker, since it is a serious health and productivity issue.*MacMatte.

You keep repeating yourself over and over again, first on PIP and now on Matte, annoying.
In your last 25 post ( in 3 days) you say 7 times almost exactly the same.(The above one included)
What are you, a parrot.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15561469#post15561469

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15534326#post15534326

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15399839#post15399839

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15383111#post15383111

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15310322#post15310322

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15177356#post15177356

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
"Our survey shows..."?

He has no idea, and is simply making **** up.

----------

In your last 25 post ( in 3 days) you say 6 times almost exactly the same.

It's pretty disturbing that someone would go that far into an anonymous poster's history to figure that out...

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Am I the only one who doesn't believe that Apple will be releasing a minor update to the iPad this year?

Apple may not want to wait another six months to add the new connector and better IGZO display, which would eliminate one of the two lamps reducing the amount of heat. Then they would have the choice to reduce the battery size to reduce weight & charging time while maintaining the same battery life.

Do you own a 3rd gen iPad because then I would understand your apprehension.

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
An interval of at least two weeks between different products is needed; otherwise the promotional campaign will lack a clear focus and shopping line management will become overly complicated, not good for a satisfactory shopping experience.

....or...having a good cadence of product releases ensures optimal media presence and increased customer interest/attention.

Apple, is as much a marketing machine as it is a hardware/software company.

vikpt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012
Well I hope this is true, I mean I've been really wanting/hoping for a 13 in rMBP for September/October! I'll be in line when it comes out lol :D hoping that it's not super expensive like the 15 in rMBP. (plus the iMac! What's with the hold up?!)

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
End of October for the 27 inch, then it be realistically 4 weeks later (partly delay in me ordering to make sure the ram can still be upgraded, partly how it will be ordered) I could get my hands on one. I decided January to buy one, and wait. Oh how naive and foolish I was. ;-)

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
"Our survey shows..."?

He has no idea, and is simply making **** up.

----------

It's pretty disturbing that someone would go that far into an anonymous poster's history to figure that out...

No, I just have a very good memory when I read posts, and how else can I link those double posts here if I don't look in his history, just look, not only 7 times the same on this subject but also 5 times the same on another one and that in his last 25 posts in 3 days, that's just double posting.

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Mac Pro?

Am I the only one wondering what happened to the Mac Pro? Will it fall place with the discontinued server racks? Maybe it was just fogotten by the analyst... :rolleyes:

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
No, I just have a very good memory when I read posts, and how else can I link those double posts here if I don't look in his history, just look, not only 7 times the same on this subject but also 5 times the same on another one and that in his last 25 posts in 3 days, that's just double posting.

That level of paying attention to other posters on a chat board is...

...not normal.

Weird.

Unhealthy.

In the real world, it's called stalking.

vikpt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012
This is actually possible. I mean during that time when the rMBP was released during its "rumor days" a lot of people said that it's impossible for Apple to have another kind of MBP together with the classic line of MBP, but look at what's available now...

ivladster

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Washington DC
Sounds like these people don't have a clue. Apple would not separate iPods like that. They will announce things together as a product line, not separate from each other. Usually the announcement is one hour, so you can't just use the whole hour to talk about macbook and imac.

belltree

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
nkb5t.jpg

Mac Mini 2012 please...:(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.