Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
The Mac Pro hasn't been updated in almost 800 days ;o

Yep...that thing is dead to me and most of us. Almost all my graphic design partners/friends all have iMacs at home now..when they use to have Mac Pros...

----------

I think the release sequence will be like this:

Sept 12: iPhone/iPodTouch5 iPod Nano iMac Retina 21"

October : iPad Mini, MacBookPro retina 13, Mac mini

Next year: new Mac Pro "cube", cinema 4k display, maybe iMac 27r, and revised rMBP15 (June)

Sept 12: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPad Mini

October: Macbook Pro Retina 13, Mac Mini, iMac, iMac Retina.

This keeps the products in the same discussion. Sept 12th would be iOS devices. Oct would be OSX devices.

My other view:

Sept 12: iPhone, iPad Mini, iMac-R, MBPR13, iPod Touch, iPod Nano. (we can dream right)

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
"Initially the reports said that the Apple is set to release two iPad this year which is the iPad 3 which was released in march and iPad 4 in October.And moreover news from Digitimes said a Taiwnese component manufacturer confirmed this news by saying that iPad 4 was boosted up by adding killer applications to take on the various tablets scheduled in the second half of 2012."

I suppose we'll see. :)

Mojo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
Fyi...

I love my iMac, mostly, but I'm not buying another one till they get rid of the migraine inducing glare-screen. Hopefully that's what they're talking about with the new LCD mounting process. Otherwise I'll just stick to building Hackintoshes.

You are not alone: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1677617?start=0&tstart=0

I'm done with iMacs. I'm using CCFL backlit NEC displays from now on... I wish Apple would release an updated Mac Mini!

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
Yep...that thing is dead to me and most of us. Almost all my graphic design partners/friends all have iMacs at home now..when they use to have Mac Pros...

----------

Sept 12: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPad Mini

October: Macbook Pro Retina 13, Mac Mini, iMac, iMac Retina.

This keeps the products in the same discussion. Sept 12th would be iOS devices. Oct would be OSX devices.

My other view:

Sept 12: iPhone, iPad Mini, iMac-R, MBPR13, iPod Touch, iPod Nano. (we can dream right)

Whatever the schedule is not likely to launch both iPhone and iPad mini at the same event.

On what I've researched the iMac-r was close to be launched last June but due LCD panel issues Apple postposed it launch, same about rMBP13 what we could see is both rMBP13 and iMac-r(21) both launched the same day but this leaves few launches for October event where is more likely to see the mini- things.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Agreed. It doesn't make any sense for Apple to release an update only 7 months later. I don't think we've ever seen that short of an update cycle from Apple (regarding the iDevices), with maybe the exception of the Verizon iPhone?

They were quite quick to reduce the price of the original iPhone. It was launched at $600, a month later it was $400, and not long after it was $200, as I recall.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Well, considering tomorrow is the 1st of September, and we have no sign of any new 21.5" iMac and 13" Retina MacBook Pro, I think I'll ignore the rest of these predictions....

I don't think you're quite reading the chart right. The cutover for months is the vertical bar, not the dot and also, there's a big "estimated" at the top.

IE, the iMac and rMBP 13" are coming in September according to the chart, seeing as how tomorrow is only the first day in September, it's a bit early to dismiss it.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
Whatever the schedule is not likely to launch both iPhone and iPad mini at the same event.

On what I've researched the iMac-r was close to be launched last June but due LCD panel issues Apple postposed it launch, same about rMBP13 what we could see is both rMBP13 and iMac-r(21) both launched the same day but this leaves few launches for October event where is more likely to see the mini- things.

So if they had panel issues, wouldn't they have been resolved by THIS June?

The question is...will their be a 27" iMac and will it be R-Type. I hope they don't release the 21" then wait for the 27" a month later.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I'm betting that Apple will go the same route with the iMacs as they did with the MBPs in terms of retina panels. That is to say, I won't be surprised for them to introduce a high-end model with retina display whilst leaving the original line alone (spec bumps, of course).

Depending on what they are willing to cram inside, this may be the model that Tim Cook has referenced for pro users?

Just a thought.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I love my iMac, mostly, but I'm not buying another one till they get rid of the migraine inducing glare-screen. Hopefully that's what they're talking about with the new LCD mounting process. Otherwise I'll just stick to building Hackintoshes.

I was looking at the regular 2012 macbook pros in the Apple store today and they of course had the shinny screen next to one that had the optional matte screen, and I was struck by how much better the matte one looked. Maybe it was all the bright lights in the store, but I can't understand why APple doesn't put these on all of their screens. It seems like a case of good ole Apple stubbornness.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Given that the "New iPad" was a compromise device with heat & thickness issues,

not mine, the five I bought for family, the three belonging to my roommates, about 200 bought for work etc.

----------

At this rate it wouldn't surprise me if iPad Mini doesn't get released this year. :( We'll get a ton of threads wondering if iPad Mini was just an elaborate vaporware invented by media.

I'm waiting for them to do the typical sept thing, show a new 5-6 inch iPod touch. Everyone goes 'oh okay so 3.5, 5, 8, 10. Cool' and the 8 never shows up. And yet there will be rumors about the issue causing the delay, just like the ones for the tv that will never happen

----------

"Initially the reports said that the Apple is set to release two iPad this year which is the iPad 3 which was released in march and iPad 4 in October.And moreover news from Digitimes said a Taiwnese component manufacturer confirmed this news by saying that iPad 4 was boosted up by adding killer applications to take on the various tablets scheduled in the second half of 2012."

I suppose we'll see. :)

Those reports started like two days after the original iPad was announced and have repeated every year

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
I'm gonna' laugh my a$$ off if the iPod touch gets announced the same day as the iPhone AND IT'S a WIDER VERSION !!!:) :)

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I'm gonna' laugh my a$$ off if the iPod touch gets announced the same day as the iPhone AND IT'S a WIDER VERSION !!!:) :)

I read that rumor. Ordinarily I'd be ticked, but I've already given up on the upcoming iPhone & made other plans. I can easily wait until Apple builds something compelling.

If not is 2013, perhaps 2014 will be their year for a fresh new design.

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
So if they had panel issues, wouldn't they have been resolved by THIS June?

The question is...will their be a 27" iMac and will it be R-Type. I hope they don't release the 21" then wait for the 27" a month later.

No leak yet about r-iMac27 all info point to r-iMac21 core i7 only model, its LCD is being built by sharp, seems the retina and usb3 among updated mainboard are the only changes, still have CD/DVD.

I would like a 27" iMac with a 4k2k screen but seems no manufacturer interested to build such LCD and I consider close to impossible (if any practical) we will ever see a 5120x2880 lcd panel either on Apple or non Apple product.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Big 3 months coming up. Tight squeeze, but customers remember Apple roll outs. Impact on earnings may be more condensed to the upside next 2 quarters instead of next 3 quarters. Hard to really say at this point in time.

Since this squeeze is due to a parts shortage not much we can say.

vikpt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012
Why should the finger be pointed at Apple? The report is not from them but some "analyst". They traditionally never reveal anything about upcoming products, so what is the source of this information if not his imagination?

Apple actually does "controlled leaks" like with the upcoming iPhone 5 so this could possibly be a "controlled leak" as well from apple but they used the analyst so it would seem that it's not coming directly from them (this is just a gut feel)

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Apple actually does "controlled leaks" like with the upcoming iPhone 5 so this could possibly be a "controlled leak" as well from apple but they used the analyst so it would seem that it's not coming directly from them (this is just a gut feel)

I think if apple did all the leaks, the would be evened out a bit more. Right now we pretty much seen everything of the iphone5, down to every little chip part. And not a single piece of anything else. I doubt this was planned :)

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
That level of paying attention to other posters on a chat board is...

...not normal.

Weird.

Unhealthy.

In the real world, it's called stalking.

Whatever.
Posts have been removed.

Stalking? Maybe you want to read up on the definition of that.

Thanks

_________

Just 8 weeks and we know if that timeline was accurate, but as almost always regarding Apple people are going to be disappointed.
I think it's just too much to be released within a 8 weeks span, on the other hand though it's just before the holiday season so Apple might have found a sweet spot after massive holiday sales last few years.

organic bond

Cancelled
May 5, 2007
Apple shouldn't design for a health problem in a minority of people though. If the mass of buyers want glossy, glossy it is.

I myself prefer glossy.

Majority of people? Who told you so? A while ago there was a poll by MacRumors, and the majority of people preferred matte.

And in any case, it is not a health problem. Not At all. I just hate to work with a mirror instead of a screen. I have no headaches because of that, never.

However, the point is to give people the freedom to choose, and not impose anything.

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
Rumor has it Apple actually does "controlled leaks" like with the upcoming iPhone 5 so this could possibly be a "controlled leak" as well from apple but they used the analyst so it would seem that it's not coming directly from them (this is just a gut feel)

Fixed that for you. :)

And going with you hypothesis, this could also possibly not be a "controlled leak".

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Would love to see:
- 16GB RAM
- 512GB SSD
- USB3 - 4x
- TB - 2x
- 1 FW800 for old times sake
- Upgraded CPU options
- Updated GPU

The top-of-the-line current 21" iMac fully loaded is about $2750 with 2TB and a 256GB SSD. Let's see where we end up. $2500?

I'd like to add 802.11AC networking to that wishlist, with new Time Capsules of course. (with initial TB back-ups) :)

vikpt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012
like with the upcoming iPhone 5 so this could possibly be a "controlled leak" as well from apple but they used the analyst so it would seem that it's not coming directly from them (this is just a gut feel)

ummm were you suppose to reply on my comment or did you just copied then pasted it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.