Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
My desk area as it sits today, I try and keep it clutter free.

Attachments

• Desk.png
    Desk.png
    2 MB · Views: 976

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
What desk are you using ?
Very nice set up!

I believe it is a very old z-line desk perhaps 15-20 years old? The the way the 2 ends of it are bolted together and the use of wires to create tension in the back part is similar to their current designes. It also has very thick glass and does not shake compared to cheaper models from other companies that I have noticed.

EDIT: I've contacted Z-Line to inquire about it as many others have PMed. I'll let you guys know their reply.

Last edited:

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Past:
PowerMac G5 + Dell 22" + B&M MM-1

Intermediate:
iPad 3 + Mophie Powerstand + B&W MM-1

Now:
Mac Mini + Dual Dell 24" + B&W MM-1

Waiting for the upgraded minis and thinking of going dual 27" thunderbolt displays.

My setup is in my garage which is under renovation so excuse the carpet and exposed cement :D

Why do you have two Mac Pro's? :D

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Why do you have two Mac Pro's? :D

Their G5's but I wish they were mac pros! One still has the G5 internals and the other is just a case that I bought to put my windows server 2008 setup in. I just love the design of the G5/Mac Pro and would love to create a small cluster using them.

admjhndly

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2008
Being a video game developer my setup is crucial to my work.
I have two Macs at iMac 20 inch iMac 27 inch one of these primarily runs Windows 7 and the other only runs Mac OS X - Mountain Lion.

I also have a laptop which I use when away in London but that is not usually on my setup. I also have a Time Machine backup behind my 27 inch iMac as well as an apple dock for my iPhone 3G.

Oh and just so you know all of this was dictated using mountain lion. God I love this dictation.

Here are some pictures of various setups I have over the last year including a extremely messy one.

AnqyX.jpg

oQ87v.jpg

uqq2y.jpg

MDR5O.jpg

I did the skylights.

----------

i did the skylights.

*dig

RubenTheys

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
Due to change of dorm, had to move my stuff to the folks' home for the summer. I bought an Ergotron dual monitor stand on eBay, put the laptop on it and ditched the mStand. It's a relief having the laptop actually float in the air instead of having that heavy thing under it.

288xj7a.jpg

(Gotta change that poster tho.. It gives me the creeps at night)

And the setup downstairs, where most of the work is done on nowadays:

2dvuzw3.jpg

Last edited:

gary-d01

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2012
Belfast, Ireland
Due to change of dorm, had to move my stuff to the folks' home for the summer. I bought an Ergotron dual monitor stand on eBay, put the laptop on it and ditched the mStand. It's a relief having the laptop actually float in the air instead of having that heavy thing under it.

(Gotta change that poster tho.. It gives me the creeps at night)

And the setup downstairs, where most of the work is done on nowadays:

What type of seat is that ? if expensive anyone know of cheaper alternatives ?

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
IMG_20120901_191528.jpg

Current setup:

Macbook 1.1 (2006), Logitech speakers, Logitech RX1500, external DVD-RW, 1TB external storage drive and temporary buckup drive.

I have an identical setup at work, even the desk is the same. Or had, I'm not sure if they dozed the 'shop yet. Between the bloody police and the lobotomized paper pushers at building and safety i haven't had a chance to even look at the damn building, not to mention clear it out, ever since they deemed it "unsafe".

lelloz

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
mine :)

- MacBook Air 2012 i5/8GB/120GB
- LG IPS235P
- Logitech M555B
- Logitech Harmony 300
- Logitech R20 2.1
- Belkin HUB 7 ports
- iPhone 4 16GB + Dock
- Panasonic L42S20
- Apple TV 2G (in Airplay Mirroring) JBroken with XBMC
- Xbox 360
- Cable Management by cablox (under desk)

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
What type of seat is that ? if expensive anyone know of cheaper alternatives ?

Looks like a Herman Miller Eames Executive would run about 1k-2k.

RubenTheys, are those the stock casters? Not going to switch to wood friendly ones? I have the aeron polished aluminum and was also wondering if you have sat in that and can compare which is more comfortable.

RubenTheys

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
Looks like a Herman Miller Eames Executive would run about 1k-2k.

RubenTheys, are those the stock casters? Not going to switch to wood friendly ones? I have the aeron polished aluminum and was also wondering if you have sat in that and can compare which is more comfortable.

We've opted for the wood-friendly casters when we bought the chair, and after 4 months of extensive use, the floor still looks like new. So I guess these are the right ones :) I have no experience with the aeron chair, though.. Haven't even tried it in the store :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.