Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
I know the bloated, over-rated, heavy, slow, chunk of software known as iTunes is a frequent topic target of posts. Why is there no iTunes specific forum?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
As frequent as it may appear in the app forum, there's not enough iTunes specific threads to justify a dedicate forum for a single application.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I agree; I don't think there is enough discussion specifically regarding iTunes to warrant its own forum. I don't think in my few years here that I've ever looked for anything on that topic.

Last edited:

knux11

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
i was going to ask this very question. I GUESS there isn't enough to talk about, but looking at the subforums that already exist, I'd have more to look at/post regarding itunes than quite a few of the other subforum topics.

I mean, you have a subforum (on MACrumors, mind you) dedicated to everything BUT mac/iOS stuff. and 4(!) subforums just about apps.

Guess i'm saying if the subforum were there, I'm sure there'd be relevant threads in it.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I mean, you have a subforum (on MACrumors, mind you) dedicated to everything BUT mac/iOS stuff. and 4(!) subforums just about apps.
We have those subforums because the mods/admins deemed that they get enough discussion to warrant separate sub forums.

Guess i'm saying if the subforum were there, I'm sure there'd be relevant threads in it.
Sure, but would there be enough relevant threads with enough posting to make it worthwhile to dedicate a forum to it?

knux11

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
We have those subforums because the mods/admins deemed that they get enough discussion to warrant separate sub forums.

Sure, but would there be enough relevant threads with enough posting to make it worthwhile to dedicate a forum to it?

obviously, and i'm obviously saying i think so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.