Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Don't worry, this is where I crash and burn after my first two weeks of luck. And hey, you're racking up a fair amount of points yourself, I think it's safe to say I'm the one looking for trouble here :eek:

:eek: Got no Chelsea players this week, am gonna lose a lot of points!

Well done to Podolski Sunday, a very impressive first two weeks. I'd be impressed if I scored what you scored in a regular month!

Don't pretend the village idiot ;) that's my job! You think my Chelsea players 'benching' the last two seats will help much..? No game this GW for the Blues!

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
Freaking Kevin Nolan!
I put him in my squad - he does NOTHING
I pull him from my squad - he scores in the first minute! :eek:

I guess I won't be brought in to manage in the Prem anytime soon.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Same for me with Stoke's Walters! Gaaaaaaah.

I as well had Walters on my bench this week. Not a good week for me so far. Michu, Dembele, and Dyer are my only saving graces this week. Hopefully Van Persie gets a hat trick or something.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Glad I jumped on the Michu bandwagon at last. :D
And Yaya won't stop scoring..was he always that threatening??

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
And sorry andalusia..thought you meant you don't have any Chealskis at all.

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Freaking Kevin Nolan!
I put him in my squad - he does NOTHING
I pull him from my squad - he scores in the first minute! :eek:

I guess I won't be brought in to manage in the Prem anytime soon.

Oh yes, classic... has happened to me many, many times. I've come to accept it as a given really, if I offload or bench a player it's a pretty safe bet that they are going to have a great week.

At any rate, this week a stroke of luck when Tevez scored in the 92nd minute! Hazzah!

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
I as well had Walters on my bench this week. Not a good week for me so far. Michu, Dembele, and Dyer are my only saving graces this week. Hopefully Van Persie gets a hat trick or something.

I should of put money down on this feeling!

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Wow... that hat trick was amazing. Interestingly enough, with RVP missing the penalty, he ends up with the exact same points as Tevez.

Now, it's all about allocation of bonus points. My head-to-head with Neutron Heath is gonna be very close.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
My head-to-head with Neutron Heath is gonna be very close.

Here too. But think I finally wrestled down the Mopheads. Need to get RvP now somehow...maybe Hazard has to leave again. I'm much too impatient for these kind of games to be honest.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Amazingly enough I seem to have managed to be top of the table after 3 weeks! I can't imagine it will be long before I start the inevitable slide down the table though ;)

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Amazingly enough I seem to have managed to be top of the table after 3 weeks! I can't imagine it will be long before I start the inevitable slide down the table though ;)

Congrats! Use this time wisely. Start trash talking, point some fingers and do a little victory dance. That's what I'd do. :p

So I went ahead and spent 8 more points tonight on transfers today before the price rise. Had to get RVP. He scores when he wants. Apparently, he just had something against that PK today.

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
So I went ahead and spent 8 more points tonight on transfers today before the price rise. Had to get RVP. He scores when he wants. Apparently, he just had something against that PK today.

This is too funny, as I did the exact same thing!! Lol.

I just had to get RvP! You know that he's money in the bank.:D

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Here too. But think I finally wrestled down the Mopheads. Need to get RvP now somehow...maybe Hazard has to leave again. I'm much too impatient for these kind of games to be honest.

It was close.. ok no it wasn't, you swatted me aside like it was no issue!

I will give my team another week, see if Chelsea can bring my game up a bit since I'll have Hazard, Torres and possibly Marin depending on his injury this time, but if not then I'll play the wildcard and bring in RVP. It's only natural.

i don't understand how i lost my head to head...?

From the look of it your opponent gained 3 more points than you, but it doesn't reflect entirely accurately on the Cup scoresheet... I'm a little confused too.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
It was close.. ok no it wasn't, you swatted me aside like it was no issue!
:cool:

(it was close at the beginning :D)

But Marin? Are you really sure about him? He has no (fantasy-) perspective if you ask me. And I really consider taking an 8-pointer now, while I just played my WC..

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
i don't understand how i lost my head to head...?

From the look of it your opponent gained 3 more points than you, but it doesn't reflect entirely accurately on the Cup scoresheet... I'm a little confused too.
Yep, Pachyderm FC scored 56 points for the week compared to LITH United's 59. But pachyderm also made 5 transfers, resulting in a 16 point deduction from his tally for the week – resulting in the final scoreline of 40-59.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Yep, Pachyderm FC scored 56 points for the week compared to LITH United's 59. But pachyderm also made 5 transfers, resulting in a 16 point deduction from his tally for the week – resulting in the final scoreline of 40-59.

aaaahhh.... so that is why it is showing "40" for me instead of the "56"?

he he he, i know i was outscored but i couldn't figure out why the "40" was showing.

plus i thought the "56" was after they made deductions. oh well. live and learn. i knew going in wouldn't win. i do enjoy playing though.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Wow..last GW feels like months ago :(
Hopefully I can entertain you during this international break with a Cup update instead? :)

Gameweek 3 saw us complete our second round of fixtures, which ended thus;

Sporting Dual-Cores 63 - 73 Hardly Athletic
Pinstripe City 58 - 64 Fizzy's Flyers
Brainerd FC 60 - 36 Thigh High Socks
T!llionaire Toyshire 68 - 55 Mancunian Mopheads
Pachyderm FC 40 - 59 LITH United
Neutron Heath 55 - 56 Argy-Bargy
Omaha Latics 33 - 59 Tall Saints
Woodingtonhampshire 44 - 53 The Stoplights
Horizon Heights 26 - 75 Elisbury Hill

As a result, we can take a look at the table for the first time this season;

*CupTable1213.png

Not a bad start for you twietee, with two wins out of two so far. :)

Looking ahead to Gameweek 4, these are the matches we have to look forward to;

The Stoplights v Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic v T!llionaire Toyshire
Pinstripe City v Brainerd FC
Tall Saints v Elisbury Hill
Argy-Bargy v Horizon Heights
LITH United v Woodingtonhampshire
Mancunian Mopheads v Omaha Latics
Thigh High Socks v Neutron Heath
Fizzy's Flyers v Pachyderm FC​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.