Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Loop reports that Apple has just sent out invitations for a media event scheduled for next week Wednesday, September 12. The event will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco and is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern. The tagline on the invitation is simply "It's almost here."

iphone_2012_media_invite.jpg

Apple is of course expected to introduce the next-generation iPhone and give a final preview of iOS 6 at the event. Apple's "iPad mini" is reportedly also nearing a launch, but sources have indicated that Apple is planning a second media event for October to introduce that product. Apple's iPod lineup is also rumored to be seeing an update at one of the two events, while rumored iMac updates and the launch of a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro are likely to appear separately.

There's clearly a "5" in the shadow of the invitation, suggesting that Apple's next iPhone will indeed be called the iPhone 5.

Article Link: Apple Issues Invitations for Media Event on September 12

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Anticipation builds....

I was secretly hoping Apple would hold the event on the 11th or 13th - just to screw with everyone.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
5! :)

I have nothing else to add I suppose, at least without seeming petty. ;)

arn

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I'm laughing at all the "iPhone 6" people....stop thinking so hard!! When has Apple ever been known to make ANYTHING difficult...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.