Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mistatnn

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
So im assuming the next email/info I get after the Apple MyPage setup would be shipping information for the iMac:D:D. Its already Tuesday. Pretty much only have 4 more days

MignDallas

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
I sent my paper work in on the exact same day. Who did you end up using ofr telephone?

I have AT&T for Uverse Internet so I just added a landline with them the only thing is that its a seperate bill because a Uverse account cant have a basic landline idk.. but its only 24 a month so as long as it works I'm happy

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Well after reading this thread I went and applied for about 10 positions and a week went by with no bites from Apple so I made another Apple ID last night and tried again. I hope I haven't missed the boat. I see a few members from Dallas have had some luck so far.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
So im assuming the next email/info I get after the Apple MyPage setup would be shipping information for the iMac:D:D. Its already Tuesday. Pretty much only have 4 more days

I wish I knew. I haven't heard anything and yeah, there's pretty much 3 1/2 business days left. If no word by Thurs. AM I'll probably contact my training manager.

MignDallas

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Well after reading this thread I went and applied for about 10 positions and a week went by with no bites from Apple so I made another Apple ID last night and tried again. I hope I haven't missed the boat. I see a few members from Dallas have had some luck so far.

Which ones did you apply for? I only applied for the ones in Dallas, Frisco, and somehow I accidently applied for one in Hoover, Alabama.

----------

I wish I knew. I haven't heard anything and yeah, there's pretty much 3 1/2 business days left. If no word by Thurs. AM I'll probably contact my training manager.

They said that they would start calling us either Thursday or Friday so hopefully they'll email us also.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Which ones did you apply for? I only applied for the ones in Dallas, Frisco, and somehow I accidently applied for one in Hoover, Alabama.

I applied for Dallas, Houston, Austin, Frisco, McAllen, San Antonio, Tulsa, OKC, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, Memphis, and one or two more.

mistatnn

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012

----------

They said that they would start calling us either Thursday or Friday so hopefully they'll email us also.

Im hoping to hear something maybe tomorrow. Id hate for something to go wrong with the post office and my equip doesnt show up. I should have recorded the phone meeting I had :-/

Btw, am I the only one thats been on the MyPage site over and over getting more excited?!?! Lol. Its not even much available to look at on there right now but still

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Im hoping to hear something maybe tomorrow. Id hate for something to go wrong with the posting and my equip doesnt show up. I should have recorded the phone meeting I had :-/

Btw, am I the only one thats been on the MyPage site over and over getting more excited?!?! Lol. Its not even much available to look at on there right now but still

I've visited a few times and read everything over but excited? Not really but I've been there and done that with everyone from Compuserve to Oracle. It's just another tech support job, albeit one I can do from home.

Sjbuckeyes

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
So happy :) :). Got the call from the recruiter a d moved on to another interview tomorrow. FaceTime interview. I hope this is a good sign!!!!

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
So I should, from what I've read, expect about the same with the FaceTime interview?

I would have answers prepared for the questions that appear in this thread. During the interview you'll be better able to focus on being personable, energetic, and sounding natural. Instead of stumbling over answers because your mind went blank from nerves and anxiety.

Edit: Your goal is for the interviewer to tell you that they're recommending you continue to the next stage. Don't give them any reason not to feel good about you in this position.

Last edited:

gypsee

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
Anybody know which size iMac they are providing? Would help to know in order to get the office space ready..... Also, do they provide a headset?

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
Anybody know which size iMac they are providing? Would help to know in order to get the office space ready..... Also, do they provide a headset?

The one Kelly provides is 21.5 inches. I assume it's the same with Apple. You'll receive a phone and headset.

sk2bbb

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
do yall think you need a valid drivers license for the i-9 form and background check? mine expired like 2 weeks ago and i need to pay some fees to renew it :(

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
do yall think you need a valid drivers license for the i-9 form and background check? mine expired like 2 weeks ago and i need to pay some fees to renew it :(

You'll need proof of identification and proof of right to work in the US. Expired stuff probably won't suffice. Do you have a passport? That covers both things.

Edit: This tells you what documents meet the requirements for the I-9: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=e8e31921c6898210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Last edited:

mistatnn

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012

My license is suspended lol and I had no problems. I used my passport

sk2bbb

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
My license is suspended lol and I had no problems. I used my passport

i think i read you can still use your license if it's suspended as long as the expiration date hasn't set in yet

and i don't have a passport lol

*EDIT* just tried to renew my regular ID card online and it allows me to, i wonder if they'll let me use the temporary printable ID card while I await the ID card in the mail

Last edited:

Pilot DC

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012

I'm in Wylie, and have 3rd interview on thursday.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Has anyone been working a while?
What do you think of the job? Stressful? Or do you love it?

There are a few posts on glassdooor.com from AHA reps but I haven't seen any posts on this forum from people that are actively working at home advisers. And there is no exact answer to your question anyway. Each person has their own personality, job likes and dislikes and job perspective. I've had tech support jobs that I've loved and some that I really disliked. The ones that I liked always provided unique challenges and the ones that I disliked were the ones that turned into production line work. I certainly hope the iOS support job does not turn into the latter but I'm already resigned to the fact that there are going to be a slew of internet connection issues. If you want to get taste for what people are going to ask, just go through some of the iPhone and iPad troubleshooting threads on this forum and other mac forums, especially at apple.com

zombiemom

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
There are a few posts on glassdooor.com from AHA reps but I haven't seen any posts on this forum from people that are actively working at home advisers. And there is no exact answer to your question anyway. Each person has their own personality, job likes and dislikes and job perspective. I've had tech support jobs that I've loved and some that I really disliked. The ones that I liked always provided unique challenges and the ones that I disliked were the ones that turned into production line work. I certainly hope the iOS support job does not turn into the latter but I'm already resigned to the fact that there are going to be a slew of internet connection issues. If you want to get taste for what people are going to ask, just go through some of the iPhone and iPad troubleshooting threads on this forum and other mac forums, especially at apple.com

I have read the ones on GlassDoor, I was looking for responses from people here. I know everyone's experience & perspective will be different. I wasn't looking for any ONE answer. Thanks.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I have read the ones on GlassDoor, I was looking for responses from people here. I know everyone's experience & perspective will be different. I wasn't looking for any ONE answer. Thanks.

As I mentioned in a previous post, people seem to disappear off of this forum once they begin training and I have yet to find a single post here from someone that's employed as an AHA. People may fear their jobs because of an NDA but I think it's more that there is no longer an incentive to visit this thread or to post what life is like an an AHA. After one month of training and with my focus on the actual job itself, I probably won't even remember this thread is here.

That being said, I'll probably post stuff in some of the iPhone and and iPad related threads here during and after training but I wouldn't read my posts if I were you, I'm basically a pragmatist (read:cynic) at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.