Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Man, I've been waiting for iPod nano watch, with Bluetooth capability in order to pair it with my iPhone, as well as my Bluetooth earphones! Maybe I'm wishing for too much? :(

Anyone thinking of the same thing?

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
I have been thinking about this since last year at this time. It hasn't happend yet, but I will be holding out hope. If they don't, I will be looking at one of the other options. Of which I'm not a huge fan of any of them at this point...

Crossing my fingers.

BugBytes

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
I haven't actually used one of the new Nanos but just yesterday I was thinking of how cool it would be to manage my music, phone calls, text messages, and use it as a watch too. Glorious if they do it.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
I know, right?????
Seeing all the notifications from my iPhone, controlling music playing through my bluetooth headset, all the while having it as a watch!

Yea, power consumption is the big hurdle, I must say. Maybe they could double the capacity, just like they did for the new iPad? Man, I would be really sad if Apple kills this potential product!

iLLUMI

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2012
Man, I've been waiting for iPod nano watch, with Bluetooth capability in order to pair it with my iPhone, as well as my Bluetooth earphones! Maybe I'm wishing for too much? :(

I believe there are a couple of solutions around for Nano 6th gen and bluetooth. Here's one of them:
http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/260780996729?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes
(Bluetooth iPod Transmitter -iPod Nano 6G Watch (black))
However it would be much nicer if the bluetooth was built in. ;)

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

You could only transmit from the iPod to a receiver like headphones for example. The iPhone wouldn't recognize it. There are a bunch of BT transmitters, but as you have noticed they are expensive. I think the licensing for BT is expensive which is why you don't see it as a part of a watch cover.

It's trying to go after the small market that owns an iPod Nano 6gen, then the ones that want a watch face then the ones that won't mind making it bulkier and uneven since you would need to connect using the apple connector and then pay the fees for BT. Very few will pay as much for a watch face as their nano cost. It's a niche inside a niche market, won't make money.

If you really want BT, just get a watch face that you can connect to the dock adapter a BT transmitter and get them both.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
I believe there are a couple of solutions around for Nano 6th gen and bluetooth. Here's one of them:
http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/260780996729?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes
(Bluetooth iPod Transmitter -iPod Nano 6G Watch (black))
However it would be much nicer if the bluetooth was built in. ;)

You could only transmit from the iPod to a receiver like headphones for example. The iPhone wouldn't recognize it. There are a bunch of BT transmitters, but as you have noticed they are expensive. I think the licensing for BT is expensive which is why you don't see it as a part of a watch cover.

It's trying to go after the small market that owns an iPod Nano 6gen, then the ones that want a watch face then the ones that won't mind making it bulkier and uneven since you would need to connect using the apple connector and then pay the fees for BT. Very few will pay as much for a watch face as their nano cost. It's a niche inside a niche market, won't make money.

If you really want BT, just get a watch face that you can connect to the dock adapter a BT transmitter and get them both.

Well, yes, I can get the dongle for Bluetooth earphones, but what I wanted was notifications popping up on the watch face itself. I've seen Pebble do it, so I thought Apple could bring a better one :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.