Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chumpy34

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Can you imagine all of the jaws dropping to the floor if Tim Cook comes out, pulls out a phone that resembles all of these leaks, smiles and tosses it into the trash and then reveals the new iPhone AND it's completely different? Would be a sight to see, but I am guessing everything we have been seeing is 99.9% the real thing...

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
We've seen the display, battery, logic board, we know what cellular chip it'll use, which dock connector they'll use, which sim card it'll use, and it finally boots up.

I think this new iPhone will be amazing. Haters will hate.

What's so "amazing" about it? Just slightly taller for some insane reason? :rolleyes:

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
looks very good. Especially deeper/richer black is awesome! Can't wait to see it in person! Only thing that concerns me is battery life. I would like iphone 4 battery life (full day with moderate usage).

p.s.: And I'm gonna defiantly get black one. Much more nicer

The deeper black is becuase it's fake. Notice how he never holds it while it's booting up. He placed it on the table so he could easily overlay a fake video on the screen.

GeeEllBee

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Cruelty knows no bounds

Ay Ay Ay. If this is for real, the thickness of both devices appears unnoticeable. I am expecting a noticeably thinner new iPhone. And lighterweight too. One more week to go, I guess.

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
every time he turns the phone to show a different angle, i'm thinking in my head... "NOOOOOOOO!!!" :p

kmanmx

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
UK
It looks like it could be an LED status indicator. Does anyone else see a little flash right after he boots them up? That or its just a reflection from his hand going over it.

Actually, I see it too.

50/50 as to whether its fake.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Notice at 41 secs that the screen goes from a darkish color to totally black? This is not possible. You can't go "blacker" than the ambient color?? (not sure of the correct term) of the screen.

All of the boot up animation is fake.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
  • Pin in the dock
  • White bands rather than chrome we've previously seen
  • The screen appears to be a little off kilter (a.k.a. digitally imposed)
  • There is tape on the back where the logos are because they didn't put the logos on
  • Extra sensors we've never seen
  • Sleep/Wake button looks oddly shaped compared to the 4s
  • Odd home button

I'm sure there are other things. This is fake.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Folks, freeze the vid at 0:30, just as he is spinning the phone around. The black part of the screen is suddenly totally unaligned with the phone, like it is bulging out. Video is FAKE.

brave5213

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2008
New York
besides the legitimate/fake video, i just didn't like the general measurements of the new iphone!

if it comes like the pictures which we saw, i don't really think i'll buy it. looks like a stretched tv remote with a screen

Zmijutin

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
The deeper black is becuase it's fake. Notice how he never holds it while it's booting up. He placed it on the table so he could easily overlay a fake video on the screen.

There were rumors about new screen technology. I guess we'll have to wait for another 168 hours before we know for sure :)

MacU

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Complete FAKE

Totally fake! Hands are totally shopped!

Notice that the screen for the 5 is totally darker after it's turned on compared to the 4. You also don't see the brown'ish glare that was there before. FAKE!

mariocapo

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2009
Las Vegas
Folks, freeze the vid at 0:30, just as he is spinning the phone around. The black part of the screen is suddenly totally unaligned with the phone, like it is bulging out. Video is FAKE.

Ok, something is definitely a little wonky about that screen. hmm.

thope

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2009
It looks like the dot left of the earpiece is an ambient light sensor and the other one is a proximity sensor. looks like no notification led this time abound either. :(:(:(

ade2bee

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2009
lol

Well done Apple, in 3 years all you've done is stretch it and change the shade slightly... I'm hoping for the workers on the S3 production line that this isn't the new phone, poor lil things are working hard enough anyway, but we all know what happened last year... All the mock up/pics were real.

Sell this to the people now Apple... But oh yes! Over in the UK on the new stretch phone you'll be able to get some of the function of the S3, oh yes, football results

Luv

An Ex-Apple Fan Boy

cherishzm

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
Folks. These parts are all FAKE! Apple won't change the screen ratio on any iPhones period and make this ugly long iPhone. This is just one of the prototypes and all of us will be pleasantly surprised next week when they announce the NEW iPhone, not just tweaked version of iPhone 4/4s. Apple had full 2 years to develop a new design so NEW iPhone ought to be better than this leaked fake!

RdeCourtney

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
I call fake... I photoshopped red lines leading from the side bezels, and (other than a perspective error) it's clear that the bottom left bezel to top left is completely out of alignment.

iphone5fake.jpg

MichaelJohnston

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Looks 100% legit to me. The front panel and home buttons are very likely earlier, prototype versions or just knock-offs. I remember purchasing a knock-off white front panel for my iPhone 4 before they were selling in white and the front panel was slightly different than the one that eventually shipped.

So by 100% legit, I mean that the LCD and most internal components are likely the ones we'll see next week or, at the very least, ones from earlier prototypes. This is based off the fact that it actually boots.

And I'm suddenly warming up to this "tall" screen!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.