Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

REDSRT4

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2006
How many companies do they want to be a part of, Bill better be worried every time apple looks into another company :)

Scruff

macrumors member
May 6, 2006
HGW said:
if ive contributed nothing worth while in this debate why have you responded, seems like you had a bit of a childish attack and i brought it out of you hmm,
again to reiterate, those batteries are gonna last easily less than a week, they are not gonna supply you with rechargables, seems worth mentioning

i want a wii (hehe)

also worth mentioning is how many add on peripherals your gonna have to buy and are not included, the laser reciever, the standard controller, the remote controller (included), the nun chucka, the gun handle, a gamecube controller, a ds, if you buy a a few games you might want them all. $$$

this debate having gone off topic now belongs in the gaming section

You got sources to cite that say I have to buy the nun chuck seperately? And what do you mean 'laser receiver'? You talking about the wireless thing? I doubt it's major selling point will be sold seperately, :/. More like, built into the console.

HGW

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2005
Scruff said:
You got sources to cite that say I have to buy the nun chuck seperately? And what do you mean 'laser receiver'? You talking about the wireless thing? I doubt it's major selling point will be sold seperately, :/. More like, built into the console.

a sensor bar! not built into the system, at least ive done research, cant be bothered to talk about nintendo here, better in the gaming section.

you can have my wii, doh

wbread5

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
Beaverland Hills, OR
not feasable

Stella said:
Yea right.. do you realise how many companies Disney own?

More like Disney buys Apple. Apple could not possibly afford Disney.

This is sad but true. Disney has more corporate backing than nearly any other american company - and aside from constantly aquiring other companies, it is itself owned by many larger companies, namely ABC. Remember Dimension Films, makers of such guilty pleasures as Van Wilder and Eurotrip? Disney. ESPN? ABC.

Disney already beat Apple in aquiring a portion of former Pixar, there's no way in hell they'll be bought out now.

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
wbread5 said:
This is sad but true. Disney has more corporate backing than nearly any other american company - and aside from constantly aquiring other companies, it is itself owned by many larger companies, namely ABC. Remember Dimension Films, makers of such guilty pleasures as Van Wilder and Eurotrip? Disney. ESPN? ABC.

Disney already beat Apple in aquiring a portion of former Pixar, there's no way in hell they'll be bought out now.

Actually, no. Disney owns ABC and in turn ESPN. Make no mistake, Disney is the parent company there. Also, there is no record of Apple wanting to buy Pixar, they could have, but it would have hurt them in the long run being seen as monopolizing both content and distribution (for future movie store). Instead, Jobs Sold ALL (not a portion) of Pixar to disney in return for a lot of money and a seat at Disney's board to keep a content owner apple-friendly. That way giving Apple access to ABC's, ESPN's, Disney's AND Pixar's content available for the iTMS.

It may suck, but it's business.

DVK916

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
BRLawyer said:
Notwithstanding my previous remark, I do hope you're right, as it would be a good blow on Sony and MS...but Nintendo nowadays appeals to few people besides the faithful japanese, sorry.

Maybe you heard of the DS, which is crushing the PSP in every market.

Also nintendo makes billions in profit each year, while M$ looses billions each year in the gaming industry.

Nintendo knows, market share is meaningless unless you have the profit to back it up.

edmiya

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
Japan
Why not to put the iTV into the nitendo Wii

Why not to put the iTV in the nitendo Wii (Funny games for all family and a easy media center)
Will be good for both companies!
And Nitendo can use the iTunes network for the old games downloads (Nes, Snes, N64).
Nitendo and Apple make creative, inovative and easy to use products.
And Nintendo will need a extra help with the Wii, if they do the same mistake
of the SEGA DREANCAST (Powered by Windows CE and this use to crash alot in some games) and let Microsoft put softwares into it, Nitendo will be out of the games console bussiness soon (Like Sega), and the DS will be the Nitendo's only Hope!
The next generation of games console war will be a Big one, Sony will probally built your own media solution for the PS3 and this for sure will not work with Macs.

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Nice topic.

I made a mockup a short while ago:
iiMac.png

The whites don't match though. If someone could help me fix that (I'm using the Gimp) I'd be very grateful.

/edit:

slabbius said:
When will Wii update to Merom?

Sheer brilliance.

HGW

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2005
apple and nintendo should do a partnership so the new iTv would be called iWii. with both features incorperated obviously.

nice pic

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
HGW said:
apple and nintendo should do a partnership so the new iTv would be called iWii. with both features incorperated obviously.

nice pic

Nah, too little space, no CD drive. I'll bet on the upcoming Conroe G5 Towerbook.

babyj

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
Websnapx2 said:
Actually, no. Disney owns ABC and in turn ESPN. Make no mistake, Disney is the parent company there. Also, there is no record of Apple wanting to buy Pixar, they could have, but it would have hurt them in the long run being seen as monopolizing both content and distribution (for future movie store). Instead, Jobs Sold ALL (not a portion) of Pixar to disney in return for a lot of money and a seat at Disney's board to keep a content owner apple-friendly. That way giving Apple access to ABC's, ESPN's, Disney's AND Pixar's content available for the iTMS.

It may suck, but it's business.

The Disney buyout of Pixar was a clever bit of business by Steve Jobs. Pixar's distribution deal with Disney was coming to an end, Pixar didn't like the new terms being offered so they started looking elsewhere for a distributor. The Disney animation department has been in a bad way for a while and they couldn't really afford to lose Pixar.

All of a sudden they are all friends again, Pixar is taken over by Disney and in the process Steve Jobs becomes the largest single share holder in Disney and gets a place on the board. The main benefit being that Apple gets access to Disney content, they launch a tv download service and Disney are the first to sign up and the same has happened with films.

-::ubermann::-

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
i prefer pc's over consoles because of definition, keyboard+mouse(strategy, fps, simulations) free online gaming, hamachi, mods, and ease to get games, the bad thing: windows
since i switched to linux and mac, i havent played, this would be a new opportunity :)

Jenkins101

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
Nintendo and Mac NEED TO MERGE

I'm not sure why so many people are against this idea. Xbox and Playstation have ENORMOUS parent companies with deep pockets in Microsoft and Sony respectively. Nintendo doesn't have that luxury. It only has the tradition of gaming that it has built which is quickly fading as the third wheel.

If Wii didn't work, Nintendo would of gone under. They bought themselves some time, but that's it. As the next gen consoles roll around, they'll find themselves in the same position. There's just not enough room for 3 gaming consoles plus Computer gaming.

The Wii, caught fire and saved them. Then Sony and Microsoft followed with their version of motion controllers. So Nintendo will no doubt need another great idea to save them again, and they have no room for error.

One flop and Microsoft and Sony will push Nintendo out the door, much like what happened to Sega.

Mac gives them the pockets Nintendo needs to compete and gives us, the consumers, some things to really get excited about!

For all the talk of the mini Mac, I think the greatest potential is with the IPAD and Nintendo DS. As the DS is much like a PAD anyway. And I could see you just needing to plug in the IPAD DS to a high Def TV with an HDMI cord and connect a controller and you'd have a Wii, as well.

Potential is through the ROOF here guys!

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
If Wii didn't work, Nintendo would of gone under. They bought themselves some time, but that's it. As the next gen consoles roll around, they'll find themselves in the same position. There's just not enough room for 3 gaming consoles plus Computer gaming.

Wii was a life vest, but Wii U will mark the end of Nintendo without some help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.