Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxgilxx

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
I thought Tim said they were going to double down on security....oh wait... secrecy...secrecy...

xxgilxx

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
I also thought all apple stores were protected by Chuck Norris. Good to know ( grabbing junky car keys)

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
There are several types of malls. This store was in a mall. So yes you would need it in a mall.

Malls are indoors where I come from in VA, DC, MD.

Outdoor ones are called Plazas, Promenades or Town/Shopping Centers in this area. Been like this for ages.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
I hate it when Apple Stores get vandalized and burglarized. But it just proves the demand and value for their products. Other brands just don't have the same "demand".:(

People drive their cars into Kwik E Marts for cryin' out loud.

----------

:D

That probably would have more resale value than any of the stuff they ended up stealing.

We had some iMacs stolen from our school, and we called Apple to see if they could be located or remotely killed. Apple said they didn't have that ability. As for iDevices, it might be a different story.

UH, yes you can. You turn it on right there in iCloud prefs. I can find my iMac and wipe it if I like on iCloud.com. Your iMacs are old.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Now lets see if they are dumb enough to power the devices on or give them to clowns.

Dontlookhere

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
Bummed

This is my local store. So bummed. I hope they are up and running again soon. I imagine the stolen devices will be tracked. What idiots for stealing track able devices.

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California
Last edited:

73CortinaV8

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
Cannot believe these Apple stores do not have car stop barriers (giant metal/granite poles that stop cars from going into store fronts)?

Guaranteed they will have them in front of the store by the time it reopens.

Best Buy has them in front of most of their stores.

+1

part of the reason why Best Buy looks so ghetto. Like they're expecting to get robbed..

heimo

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2010
So this is not allowed? Sorry, I thought this was one of those self-checkout stores.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN

Eric12

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2012
Just went down to take my brand new MBP in since it's been crashing, little did I know that the whole store had crashed too. I wonder if both our problems are related to a faulty driver? :p

Though I was hoping to get in before the latest launch blitz it's good to know they'll reopen in a few days. *sigh*

At least these iDiots got caught.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
No wonder they're resorting to theft to make money. They're stupid. I doubt they recovered much more than the cost of the vehicle damage because all they could get to were floor demos and accessories.

Probably a stolen car. And quite possibly a clunker that's worth no more than $1000. Doesn't take many Apple devices to make more than that

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
Malls are indoors where I come from in VA, DC, MD.

Outdoor ones are called Plazas, Promenades or Town/Shopping Centers in this area. Been like this for ages.

The Temecula mall is an inside mall. It does however have several buildings skirting the outside of it. The Apple store, a movie theatre and several restaurants are the ones outside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.