Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varian55zx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2012
San Francisco
is it possible to disable the minimize and re-size animations in snow leopard?(for lack of a better term). by resize, i mean when you bring the window back from minimizing it.

these animations annoy the hell out of me sometimes. The one thing that windows has over mac is that you can disable these :p

edit: another thing that would be even better is if anybody knows how to remap the yellow minimize button to hide a window instead of minimize it. this would be superb.

Last edited:

varian55zx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2012
San Francisco
ok, thanks for that, suck is cool.

but I'm asking if there's any way to get rid of those animations completely. Like in windows, where it minimizes instantly.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
ok, thanks for that, suck is cool.

but I'm asking if there's any way to get rid of those animations completely. Like in windows, where it minimizes instantly.
I found that with a simple Google search. I'm sure if you do some searching, you can find what you want.

varian55zx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2012
San Francisco
yeah, you wanna give it a try, buddy?

I've google searched for an answer to this question extensively. numerous times. and have not found anything. that's why I'm asking here, now. So stop making assumptions and if you don't have anything helpful to say then don't bother posting.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
yeah, you wanna give it a try, buddy?

I've google searched for an answer to this question extensively. numerous times. and have not found anything. that's why I'm asking here, now. So stop making assumptions and if you don't have anything helpful to say then don't bother posting.
I made no assumptions. With your attitude toward someone who took the time to respond and offer help, you're on your own.

varian55zx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2012
San Francisco
calm yourself. I just want to know if its possible to completely disable the minimize and resize animations, or map 'hide' to the yellow minimize button.

edit: and yes you made an assumption, you assumed that i haven't google searched about this yet. now can we please get back on topic.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.