Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

veth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
So I was just on Apple website looking at macbbok air for wife and it has USB 3 and all the seemingly new bells & whistles except retina display. Went to Apple store and a "New" moniker is by MBA image on main page. Just How "New" are these models or should I wait for the supossed retina MBA?

I hate how that New moniker seems to be there for awhile on their products.

Thanks,
veth

stoomey74

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
re: New MBA

The new MBA's just came out in July so they are not due for a refresh for a long time. I love mine.

Cheers

tiwizard

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
It isn't very likely that Apple will release a Retina MBA. However, there are rumors for a Retina MBP 13 inch.

The "New" logo you see is referring to the summer 2012 release of the MBA.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
So I was just on Apple website looking at macbbok air for wife and it has USB 3 and all the seemingly new bells & whistles except retina display. Went to Apple store and a "New" moniker is by MBA image on main page. Just How "New" are these models or should I wait for the supossed retina MBA?

I hate how that New moniker seems to be there for awhile on their products.

Thanks,
veth

The current Macbook Air models were released June 11, 2012. Based on recent rumors, I don't think you are going to see a Macbook Air Retina soon, but rather a 13" MacBook Pro Retina... which seems imminent.

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
It's safe to say the MBA line will get the retina displays. The only question is will it be in the next refresh or the refresh after....

Cmmts

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
It's safe to say the MBA line will get the retina displays. The only question is will it be in the next refresh or the refresh after....

Or in other words, next summer or the summer after that.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
For perspective....

Apple had "The new Macbook Pro" advertised on their website until mid-day June 11, 2012.

Apple then went on to update the Macbook Pro and release the MBP with Retina display mid-day, June 11th, at which time they started advertising "The new Macbook Pro", which was actually a different model than "The new Macbook Pro" which was listed earlier that day.

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
MacBook Air will get a retina display when Apple merge their Pro and Air lines which I presume will happen in 2014.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.