Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chazn

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Youtube mobile website safari is still better

Youtube's mobile site is still better than this new app.
You can view top comments
There's not as many ads as the Youtube app
Click on links in video descriptions
Reply to any commenter in the 'comments' section

Only thing it has going for this new app is you can watch VEVO MVs, that's it

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
why? iOS6 maps is really nice

Whilst they may look nice, they fall majorly short of Google Maps when it comes to being up to date and having all the right info available.

Its not as if it wouldn't be expected though - Google has been doing it for years, Apple has been doing it for months.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
It's not a universal binary. LAME! Runs as iPhone size on my iPad :(

Pathetic... Google can't manage to release universal app at the same time... Just for iPhone.

Anyway I'm happy for this new app, I just need this since Apple Maps app works wonderfully.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
I hope apple will support that app just like it did the youtube app now, meaning:

Quit youtube while playing a song and then multitask swipe to left then turn on sound to play youtube video while working on other apps.

Ipad app will also hopefully come soon...

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Haven't had a single ad yet. Maybe just in the US?

Hope so, I just went from what's written in the story "For the first time in a native iOS experience, YouTube will show pre-roll adds ahead of its mobile videos. That’s the bad news. "

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
Whilst they may look nice, they fall majorly short of Google Maps when it comes to being up to date and having all the right info available.

Its not as if it wouldn't be expected though - Google has been doing it for years, Apple has been doing it for months.

Funny how you believe Apple created its own map app

slippyr4

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
why? iOS6 maps is really nice

The 3D maps is a gimmick and they're not even available where I live. Useful features like streetview and transit directions are missing.

iOS 6 maps is, for a lot of people, at launch, a very very backwards step.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.