Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juan TS

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
London, UK
Hey guys!

After I upgraded my rMBP to ML I've been experiencing the same problem always and always: Every wireless network available is shown in my options, I connect to my home one, and after the mac is turned off or after a lot of hours, wifi will drop and then that wireless won't appear. But every other wireless will appear!

It is not a router problem, since my iPad, other laptop and phone, find it and connect to it succesfully.

Only after a lot of tries of restarting the mac and restarting the router it will manage to find the network. But then after the router in turned off or so it will disappear...

I've followed this steps: http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/02/fix-os-x-mountain-lion-wireless-connection-problems/

But they seemed to do nothing... :(

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The only thing I can think of at the moment is to make sure you haven't created a closed network, in which case the network name is hidden. You could try typing the name of your network in, to see if it finds it. Click the AirPort icon on your Menu Bar and select "Join Other Network", then type the network name in the window that pops up and make sure you check "Remember This Network".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.