Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, noticed that from the 'Apple Insider' website - damn the owners of this website are so slow on the news.

Wonder if this one wasn't seeded to developers first? I assume MR has a developer account, if the seed goes to other testers first that could explain why MR doesn't know about it as fast.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Now:
Safari version 6.0.1 8536.26.13
Open GL NVIDIA-8.0.58

Anyone able to give the version information for Radeon 6760M and 6970M?

Wonder if this one wasn't seeded to developers first? I assume MR has a developer account, if the seed goes to other testers first that could explain why MR doesn't know about it as fast.

*shrugs* Macrumors always seems to be slow on the uptake hence I tend to hang out at TheVerge, Neowin, Arstechnica etc. a lot more these days - the forum contributors seem to be of a higher quality as well.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Guess it depends on the story. With updates that start with developers, MR seems to have it posted very quickly.

hmellouli

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
facebook error

is anyone else getting an "unable to verify account name or password" error when trying to connect their Facebook? my password is definitely correct. is there something i need to enable on Facebook to get them integrated?

screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 11.25.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 11.25.59 PM.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 61

st3v0

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
anyone with 10.8.2 if you're running an exchange account, can you confirm if the inbox, sent, deleted folders are working yet?
just loaded the 10.8.1 update and exchange on mail 6.0 is still not working properly......as soon as i load up mail and switch from inbox to sent folder or deleted folder all my exchange mail disappears.......FRUSTRATING

Mail seems to be stuffed in 10.8.1 if you have network accounts - launching it deletes your contacts. Anyone seen this fixed in 10.8.2?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
new os x mountain lion 10.8.2 build 12c50 out now

also new os x lion 10.7.5 build 11g54 out too.

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
Release notes included in the installer. Notice the mention of iOS 6 and Passbook:

The 10.8.2 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes new features and fixes. New features include:

Facebook
• Single sign on for Facebook
• Facebook as an option when sharing links and photos
• Facebook friends' contact information and profile pictures in Contacts
• Facebook notifications in Notification Center

Game Center
• Share scores to Facebook, Twitter, Mail, or Messages
• Facebook friends are included in Game Center friend recommendations
• Facebook Like button for games
• Challenge friends to beat your score or achievement

Other new features
• Power Nap support for MacBook Air (Late 2010)
• iMessages sent to your phone number now appear in Messages on your Mac
• From Safari and Mail on your Mac you can add passes to Passbook on your iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6
• New shared Reminders lists
• FaceTime now receives calls sent to your phone number
• New sort options allow you to sort notes by title, the date you edited them, and when you created them
• Dictation now supports Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Korean, Canadian English, Canadian French, and Italian
• The Dictionary application now includes a French definition dictionary
• Sina Weibo profile photos can now be added to Contacts

The 10.8.2 update also includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, including the following fixes:
• An option to discard the changes in the original document when choosing Save As
• Unsent drafts are opened automatically when launching Mail
• Receive Twitter notifications for mentions and replies from anyone
• URLs are shortened when sending tweets from Notification Center
• Notifications are disabled when AirPlay Mirroring is being used
• SSL support for Google searches from the Smart Search Field in Safari
• New preference to have Safari launch with previously open webpages

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5460
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
A new build is out on AppleSeed: 12C53.

I hope Apple releases the update officially soon, because I can't submit my app to the Mac App Store until they do (apparently apps built in Beta versions aren't allowed).

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Not sure. The descriptions of both updates sound about the same. Both can be installed over a previous build of 10.8.2 beta etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.