Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maceleven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Does the "Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating" eventually ware off ?

I'm currently using the otterbox for my iPad ,I prefer to use it the organic way with nothing protecting the screen , it takes away from my preferable viewing.

I hate seeing dirty iPads or Laptops that are full of spit food and who knows what else ! :eek:

Or you see people in public like the apple store genius bar with dirty stuff that's disgusting.

I try and keep my stuff clean .

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If it wears off it will be after a long time. My iPhone 3g is still around and it is still fine.

The iPhone 3G doesn't have an oleophobic coating. The iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPads do. The iPod Touch does not, likely to reduce costs even if it only costs five cents per device.

maceleven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I think I wore mine out on my 4s

I think I wore mine out on my 4s by using rubbing alcohol on the glass . It started to get that dull look . :eek:

----------

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

I know , well at least I thought I did lol, I heard somebody use it recently ,and was hoping nobody would catch that lol :D thanks !

I had to try and use it .

babens

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
I get the feeling that some people are confused as to the nature of the coating itself. It is not going to stop you from seeing fingerprints on the screen. What it does is make it easier to wipe those fingerprints off.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I get the feeling that some people are confused as to the nature of the coating itself. It is not going to stop you from seeing fingerprints on the screen. What it does is make it easier to wipe those fingerprints off.

Not exactly true. Per Apple's website:

Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.