Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
mediocre update. I was hoping it would be better, looks like I'll stick with the s3. I like the iphones syncing better, but android does almost everything else better than iOS

I prefer Apple's music player app over anything I've found on Android over the 2 years I had the Evo 4G. Nothing else ever felt right. Not to say the Apple music player is perfect. I just feel it's better than anything I've used on Android, which is one of he big reasons I got an iPhone last year.

GJBenn85

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
What exactly are you guys expecting that are disappointed in this update? Are you really expecting the gigantic leap that occurred with the initial iPhone and later Android phones relative to the existing, archaic Blackberry and Palm devices?

In case you haven't noticed, new phones are released every month that are not drastic departures from the models they replaced.

I cannot say this update will make me order the iPhone 5 since my contract is up for renewal, but I am really trying to figure out what you guys were expecting. I'd love the S3 but I am concerned about its Exchange functionality/reliability, so I will likely just stay with the iPhone 4.

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
When the iPhone 4 was leaked, I was disgusted. But when it was released, I was amazed.

When the iPhone 5 was leaked, I was disgusted. But when it was released, I was even more disgusted.

Come on Apple, where's the true innovation? Just adding a few more pixels to the display and supporting LTE doesn't make it a killer phone.

atticus27

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I prefer Apple's music player app over anything I've found on Android over the 2 years I had the Evo 4G. Nothing else ever felt right. Not to say the Apple music player is perfect. I just feel it's better than anything I've used on Android, which is one of he big reasons I got an iPhone last year.

yeah I like the music player better and the iphone integrates better with stereos( I can use the buttons on the one in my car to change songs, with the s3 I have to use the phone which is a little annoying) but I think android has more features and google search in jellybean looks just as good as siri.
I also like having a memory card slot which the iphone should have implemented by now

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
This is a very solid update for anybody who has iPhone 4 or older. Battery life improved. CPU and graphics 2x as fast. Camera improved. Thinner, lighter, bigger screen. Why are you people hatin'?

biggrim

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I for one, will be upgrading from my 3Gs which I've had since launch day in the UK. Just have to wait and see what coverage EE will provide and what pay as you go tariffs they will offer. May not be a worthy upgrade for a 4s owner but for me, it'll be awesome!

johncarync

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2005
Cary, NC
Thank God all these rumors can be put to rest. The iPhone 5 is here and all these rumors can stop. There were so many rumors it was getting crazy.

Umm...Any rumors on the iPhone 5S yet?

JerseyDoug

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Tim, good job on the secrecy thing. I had no idea the black version would have an anodized back.

Seriously, though, I like the phone. I may upgrade.

Sihua

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
College Station, TX
This is a very solid update for anybody who has iPhone 4 or older. Battery life improved. CPU and graphics 2x as fast. Camera improved. Thinner, lighter, bigger screen. Why are you people hatin'?

I agree. I'm looking forward to ordering one. The screen all by itself seems pretty remarkable with all it's features. Combine that with the A6's processing power and iOS6...it's gonna be awesome :)

truettray

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2012
USA
Literally the only thing I would have liked better than this would have been an iPhone 5 in an iPhone 2G's body. But that's just me.. lol

thisma

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2008
I'm disappointed that Apple really is calling it, the 6th gen iPhone, "iPhone 5." I'll probably get one anyway though :-/

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
The black looks so nice now, I wish the white had white instead of raw aluminum. I don't know which color I want now, which is going to probably end up being a big problem and i'll feel like i made the wrong decision either way.

man.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
What did we really expect?

But I want one to replace my 3Gs, can't wait to check them out in store in the coming weeks.

blakey91

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
England
Sick

in a good way.

So glad i waited another month to upgrade my phone, this looks veeerrrryy nice. Big fan of matted designs over shiny.

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
16066413.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.