Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlameofAnor

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
This is a very solid update for anybody who has iPhone 4 or older. Battery life improved. CPU and graphics 2x as fast. Camera improved. Thinner, lighter, bigger screen. Why are you people hatin'?

That's a good question..... it's been improved in practically ever way. And yet, that's not good enough for the jaded public. :rolleyes:

freelancing

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
What about the iMac?!?! I want a 30" iMac with Retina Display - or at least an updated iMac! OMG -iMacs are nearly 500 days old. Seriously, Apple. Ugh.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
When the iPhone 4 was leaked, I was disgusted. But when it was released, I was amazed.

When the iPhone 5 was leaked, I was disgusted. But when it was released, I was even more disgusted.

Come on Apple, where's the true innovation? Just adding a few more pixels to the display and supporting LTE doesn't make it a killer phone.

That's why they doubled the CPU and GPU speed, made it lighter and thinner, improved the camera, and made it more durable.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
What about the iMac?!?! I want a 30" iMac with Retina Display - or at least an updated iMac! OMG -iMacs are nearly 500 days old. Seriously, Apple. Ugh.

My guess is that it will get a quiet update, or be announced next month along with the iPad Mini.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
I'll be curious to put my hands on an iPhone5 and see if my thinking changes, but there is nothing here that compels me (not even a little bit) to pre-order an iPhone5 to replace my current iPhone4.

I'm still hoping for a major iMac update (even though my "Early '09" 24" iMac is still performing well). The frequency of my Apple product upgrades has gotten steadily slower over time. The last time I got excited about a new product was when I replaced my (leg searing) 15" MBP with the new 13" MBA.

Last edited:

grimmace

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Boston
Very disappointed in the Nano but I do like the iPhone 5. Not very sure that it will be better than the Galaxy IIIs but time will tell. Here's to them actually making a watchlike nano with Siri and bluetooth! I'd love to not have to pull out my phone every time I get a text. Yes there are watches out there but Apple would have made an amazing one!

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
Can't wait to get my hands on this baby!

Anyone catch how much RAM were getting?

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
For everyone bitching about innovation, what is left to innovate? NFC? I think we all need to recognize that the future of smartphones is incremental updates.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
It is more than just specs...

If you are only focused on the specs, you missed the detail engineering, which makes Apple, well, Apple.

Sapphire window on camera lens...really is scratch proof...only glass harder than sapphire is diamond...

8 hours of LTE talk time (same as S3) with just a small bump up in battery size...that blows away all the battery nay sayers.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
Overall underwhelming presentation.

The whole revolution --> evolution --> revolution cycle of the iPhone is gone. They will all be minor updates from now on.

I'll buy the iPhone 5 probably but Apple could have done more. Plus considering they spent so much time previewing things they showed at WWDC and recapping what they covered showed how little they had to bring out this time around.

nickn

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2011
Can't wait to get my pre-order in for the magical and revolutionary extra row of app icons!!!!!!!! Paying 30 for a simple, I mean extremely high tech and small cable adapter as Apple has apparently never heard of a micro USB port is also great!!!!!!!!!
Anyone catch how much RAM were getting?
64MB and you'll like it!!!!!

grimmace

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Boston
For everyone bitching about innovation, what is left to innovate? NFC? I think we all need to recognize that the future of smartphones is incremental updates.

Personally... I think Steve would kick you in the ass! What's left to innovate? We could have said this a long time ago. Keep thinkin Different!

elie.fares

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
Question. Did they mention if the GM of iOS6 will be seeded to the devs anytime before next week?

ayedgaf

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
Los Angeles
im so glad i did not wait for the iphone 5 and switched my iphone 4s to Galaxy s3 last month woohooo!! There way much more things you can do with a Android Root then a Jailbreak iphone!!

imwoblin

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Nice incremental upgrade but me needs some instant gratification. C'mon Apple, give me something to download today...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.