Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Overall underwhelming presentation.

The whole revolution --> evolution --> revolution cycle of the iPhone is gone. They will all be minor updates from now on.

I'll buy the iPhone 5 probably but Apple could have done more. Plus considering they spent so much time previewing things they showed at WWDC and recapping what they covered showed how little they had to bring out this time around.

Yeah, they could only manage
thinner & lighter
more battery
faster smaller far more powerful CPU/GPU
larger screen
better screen using less layers
better camera
their own mapping solution
worldwide LTE and faster wifi
and the list goes on

what a bunch of lazy cnuts Apple are...

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT

Attachments

• sapphire-blue-round-480.jpg
    sapphire-blue-round-480.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 5,415

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
Looks boring - sales of the S3 probably just got a bump.

For everyone bitching about innovation, what is left to innovate? NFC? I think we all need to recognize that the future of smartphones is incremental updates.

NFC, card slot, more storage, 3D, haptic feedback, augmented reality, lots.

lighthouse_man

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2005
I think most of the disappointment including my own is because the rumors were true this time and almost all of them. It's like going to see the Usual Suspects for the first time knowing who Keyser Soze is. It's still a good movie to watch, but it's not as mind blowing.

guitarman777

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
So now I'm thinking about the fact that my wife & I still have unlimited data originally offered by AT&T... will I get to keep that when I renew my contract for the subsidized price?

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
My mind isn't blown, but it's a good release. I have a 4 and I was ready to update.

Ditto. I like the new black\slate. I also have a first release 4, so this will be a major upgrade for me. I'm GLAD they didn't make it any bigger too. I need a phone that fits my hand, and fits in my pocket, without feeling like I have an iPad stuck to the side of my head, LOL.

Will I pre-order? Probably not. I'll pick one up at my local Apple store sometime after the excitement dies down.

Pokerodu

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
Underwhelming

I think Apple is taking it easy because of their position. They still would see lot of iphone 5's. But personally i am dissappointed with iphone 5. I have an iphone 4 and waiting to upgrade. But now i might be upgrading so Galaxy s3. :mad:

iSteve-O

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
Everybody said wait until the iPhone5 is announced before getting a phone and I did. Now I'm not gonna lie, the GS3 is the overall better phone.

Apple needs to step their game up quick!

Lestdog

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
They really should stop with these hyped up keynotes.

Each iphone upgrade will be a little better here and a little better there.. we get it. Just put on display.. we'll buy it.

But enough with the theatrics.

iWe

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Apple blew it with the default wallpaper for iOS 6. It's not that bad on the white iPhone 5 but looks lame on the black one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.