Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickgri

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
Shuffle off to.....

No shuffle watch- I am severely disappointed Apple-when can we ever get one?
So thin now they can unfold to become the size of the iphone with those features! Another year wasted for this-I do like the other announcements-but this is lacking. Bah.

carterx

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2006
Not liking the new Nano. I was hoping for a similar design but with BlueTooth. They went back to the same style as the 5th Gen Nano but with a few more options like BT, touch screen etc.

I'd go buy an iPod touch if I wanted this type of design.

Guess I'm not getting a new Nano :confused:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i like the design of the iPod Nano ... the UI on the other hand :eek: and i thought my Apple TV UI looked bad

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
Colors on the iPod Touch... holy sniz. :confused:

...I'll bet, this will be the first item of Apples in a long time to be overstocked when the new ones release next year.

The price point is too high for the Touch to release in several colors... the Nano's will sell in all the colors, but the iPod Touch's in certain colors will eventually find themselves collecting dust on shelves, just wait...

I really can't believe Apple did this... like really can't. Wished for it, but thought they knew better...

stilted

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
All I want is a small iPod (shuffle or old nano-sized) with a clip for working out that can hold my entire music collection (~23 GB). I am so tired of syncing a new batch of 150 songs every week so I have new music to work out to.

I can't believe Apple can't give me that yet. I really don't get it.

johnny5k

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2009
Oakland, CA
Man is the new Nano interface ever ugly! It makes it look like a crappy Chinese knockoff.

Get ready for an onslaught of "Apple's going to try to patent circular icons now!" in 3.. 2.. 1..

devinher

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2010
Teletuby Nanos

Well, there goes the nano-as-a-watch concept. I hope those guys who got that massive Kickstarter off the ground for the nano watch strap have another business idea...

That's a great point. Kind of odd after Apple made such a big deal about adding clock face options, recognizing the popularity of that feature.

And the colors are even stranger. Are there any designers out there to comment on these choices? Some reason to believe that these aren't targeted towards the teletuby set?

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
Apple just can't decide what they want to do with the iPod nano. It's the red-headed step child of the iPod line. :/

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Am I the only that believes $299 is outragous in this day in age of $200 tablets. I wonder how much a iPad mini is going to cost? Apple just shot themselves in the foot? And their still keeping the old model at $200. Makes no sense.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
That's a great point. Kind of odd after Apple made such a big deal about adding clock face options, recognizing the popularity of that feature.

And the colors are even stranger. Are there any designers out there to comment on these choices? Some reason to believe that these aren't targeted towards the teletuby set?

I really do not care for the pastel-y colors at all. I prefer the colors of the 5th gen nano. Also, the white front with the rear colors looks out-of-place. Almost like there is a case on the device. A Product Red iPod Touch with black front would have been a hit.

phonitron

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2012
Just want to add...

The new nano is not what ive come to expect from Apple... It's hideous.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
One thing's for sure - theres no way the iPad Mini/Nano/whatever will be $299. That iPod touch is MASSIVELY overpriced.

You can always tell when Apple are intentionally overpricing a product - they dont talk prices when its announced.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
No Flash on the iPod touch?
No 8MP camera on the iPod touch?
But hey, they added a wrist strap and Siri... :rolleyes:

The new iPod touch has an LED flash. Oh, you meant Adobe Flash? If it can bring my Core 2 Duo Mac mini to a crawl, then I don't want that on a portable device with limited battery life.

A 5MP camera is very good if you don't have a camera to begin with. If you carry your iPod touch around, then you're also carrying your camera around. It can shoot videos in 1080p too, so that's another bonus!

Siri is another welcomed addition. I never used it because for me this new iPod touch would be the first device I have with it.

The wrist strap hook looks annoying. Notice how it sticks out the back? This means you can't put your iPod touch on a flat surface. I bet we'll see damaged iPod touches because of this hook. One would hope that it could be unscrewed and replaced with a flat cap or something.

edit: never mind the comment about the strap hook, it's a "pop-up" hook.

Last edited:

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
The updates to the Touch are impressive and what I was hoping for, except for the capacity vs pricepoint. If the top of the line model had 128GB, i would have seriously considered it. But $400 for something that can just barely fit all my music just doesn't cut it. I got excited when they started talking about music being part of their DNA, but they did not give music enthusiasts anything new today.

Looks like I'll go pick up a classic while I still can.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Am I the only that believes $299 is outragous in this day in age of $200 tablets. I wonder how much a iPad mini is going to cost? Apple just shot themselves in the foot? And their still keeping the old model at $200. Makes no sense.

It cost more money to fit things into a smaller package. They could have made it cheaper but then people will complain how it needs more in it.

I can't fit a tablet in my pocket so I will pay more for an iPod Touch.

paradox00

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2009
No Flash on the iPod touch?
No 8MP camera on the iPod touch?
But hey, they added a wrist strap and Siri... :rolleyes:

The iPod Touch is thinner than the iPhone and costs less. Thus harder to fit the same camera in, but the 5 MP one they added is worlds better than what it had and the iPod touch does have a flash...

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Nokia Lumia:
Nokia_Lumia_800_ma_2037970c.jpg

+

Sony PS Vita:
1.jpg

=

NEW iPod Nano (AKA Lumia Nano w/ Vita OS Mod) :D

buystrip_hero.jpg

overview_video.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.