Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
EE - EverythingEverywhere, new network, has LTE right now
No confirmed price for the 32/64Gb but Apple Edu store says From £529 so its assumed that the 16Gb is £529.

Just discovered it after I was Googling 'LTE in UK' lol. Thanks for your help anyway. ;)

I will order through quidco or similar for cashback to swallow up that £30

Apple rarely offer cashback through Quidco/TCB for new product lines. It'll be around a good few months (i'm guessing 9+ months) before they start offering cashback for the iPhone 5. You'll have to pay that £30 i'm afraid. :p

FoxMcCloud

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Redcar, England
Damn them and their price increase. Why not £499 like it has been for years?
Not much of a price gap from the 4S either.

I think im going to skip this one. The only thing interesting is the cable and I only use that for charging!

The new Nokia 920 is better in my eyes. Wireless charging, NFC, screen usable with gloves etc. Hope WP8 is good.

iOS6 isnt that much more impressive either. The only thing i like from that is Do Not Disturb.

What the hell has Apple been doing for the past year? iPhone 5, the 6th generation iPhone with iOS 6 and A6 chip. Hmmm. Shouldve called the 4S the 5 really stop any confusion. Hate these names with letters in the name everyone seems to do these days.

duction

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
U to the K
will be an interesting one for me, i have simplicity from 2 years ago still going which means i have Unlimited 3g internet and texts for £20 a month (before they capped to 500mb a month)

if i upgrade to 4g i will loose my unlimited 3g =[

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
will be an interesting one for me, i have simplicity from 2 years ago still going which means i have Unlimited 3g internet and texts for £20 a month (before they capped to 500mb a month)

if i upgrade to 4g i will loose my unlimited 3g =[

Three do unlimited HSPA+ for £15/month, monthly rolling, just saying.

Suppose it depends on how good Three is in your area though. I travel a lot around the northwest and get great signal. However, I know some people who were forced to change as they got no signal whatsoever, heheh.

ToniqR

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
Bath, UK
Does anyone know what time the online preorders will start here? Will it be as soon as it turns midnight, or more like 8 am the same time as stores opening?

Thanks!

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Does anyone know what time the online preorders will start here? Will it be as soon as it turns midnight, or more like 8 am the same time as stores opening?

Thanks!

iPad 3 orders started around 2330 the night before I seem to recall, although that doesn't necessarily have any bearing on this.

Ime so long as you get your order in on Friday you'll be fine, although I'd get it in early as poss for peace of mind.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
So if we go with Orange or T Mobile we'll get our EE 4G signal?

No, it is a new Network, Orange and T-Mobile will continue to operate.

"EE, T-Mobile and Orange will all supply data plans under the overall umbrella company of EE. However, only the new EE brand will sell 4G contracts. Muddying the waters a little, current Orange and T-Mobile users may now see an EE icon at the top of their screens, even though they are still receiving only a 3G connection."

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK

"EE, T-Mobile and Orange will all supply data plans under the overall umbrella company of EE. However, only the new EE brand will sell 4G contracts. Muddying the waters a little, current Orange and T-Mobile users may now see an EE icon at the top of their screens, even though they are still receiving only a 3G connection."

Ahh! Thanks for clearing that up. Better stay on the look out for EE updates then.

duction

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
U to the K
when i bought my iphone 4 i preorderd it no problem, then the bank fraud dept thought it could of been a fraudulent transactiob because of the price and the order didnt go through on the 1st day untill i rang them... and by that time the 1st batch had all sold out by the end of the day... iwas gutted and had to wait 3 weeks for the delivery when i put in a 2nd order !

make sure your banks dont block the payment!

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Very upset to be honest. The actual line up of products and announcements was amazing, but when it comes to price...

-Why is the 16gb version £29 more?
-Why is an adaptor £25??! When the new retina MBP launched the magsafe adaptor was sold for £8!!!!
-Why has the 4S dropped to only £449? Is it because it has 16gbs of storage?

The biggest issue honestly is the increased price of the base 16gb iPhone 5.
All I can say is that if the price difference between the 16/32/64 is still £100 that is another major disappointment. In other countries the cost between 16/32/64 is the same on iPad and iPhone, in the UK it is £100 for iPhone and £80 for iPad.

So many inconsistencies.

Silver Box

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Looking at the accessory list theres no adapter in the box either. This is leaving a slightly bitter taste in my mouth if im honest. Fine, the price increase i can get my head around... i'll absorb that but £25 for the adapter without even helping people to 'adapt' is a bit cheeky in my humble opinion. :mad:

If they'd come out and given people a free one or made them £5 or £10 max, i think people would have a much easier time accepting it and been grateful. Lack of good will and missed trick, i fear. :(

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland

apologies, i missed all that about EE. they keep saying more details in the coming WEEKS !!! weeks?!?!?! dammit!!

mattkidd

macrumors regular
Hmmm id like to purchase the 5 from the Apple store like last year with 4S and receiving on launch day.

However my concern the new sim? How easy do you think it would be to get three to send me a new one of these nano-sims and then transfer my contract.... that's the concern.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.