Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risingkazuya05

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Been on 3G now on 98003 (Federal Way, WA) since Friday 9/7. Will test out near Renton/Tukwila/Seattle tomorrow once at work. Look at the tests I've done. The highest one is the Wifi (my home router) but take a look at all the ones taken on 3G (Cel tower icons), I took one still on edge outside the current 3G area so u guys can tell the HUGE difference (huge MS on Ping)

null.png

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Someone posted this elsewhere and I figured I'd share it with you guys. Not sure how accurate it is, but maybe that can be confirmed here? You can also submit your locations to add to the map.

http://airportal.de/

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the link was already posted on the first page.

Last edited:

johnsonroda27

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Anyone have anything near king of prussia/norristown area outside of philly? As soon as this is activate im all over switching back to tmobile, i never wanted to leave except for the iphone..

ClayStick

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
3G in Houston!! :D

:D You could see Houston in the map image next to the speed test image. Its by the red pin.
IMG_0189.PNG
IMG_0186.PNG

PocketAces

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
3G just turned on today in central Minnesota. It looks to be a little on the slow side for 3G, but nonetheless an big improvement over EDGE.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    80.3 KB · Views: 4,018

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA
My wife was in Belleview yesterday and got on 3g, she didnt do any speedtests "she's not techy" just said she noticed 3g on it.

siiko

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2012
Im really exited about this, finally my unlocked iphone will support 3g with tmobile, cuz i will never sign a contract.

I was driving from brooklyn to north jersay this morning, saw my phone on 3g while passing thru staten island express way, so brooklyn get ready its just across the bridge :) by the treats/forums/posts i believe by the end of the year unlocked iphones with tmobile/simple mobile will enjoy 3g.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Anyone have any news on Miami? Ill be buying an unlocked iPhone 5 when they go on sale and I hope they get the 3g running.... and LTE hopefully by the summer

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
My wife was in Belleview yesterday and got on 3g, she didnt do any speedtests "she's not techy" just said she noticed 3g on it.

That's good to know. About a month ago at the Bellevue Square Apple Store, I overheard a woman decided to return her iPhone 4S due to T-mobile EDGE network. I have a 'supposed to be' unlocked iPhone 4 (AT&T) but have yet to verified.

Just noticed getting 3G today in Rosemead, CA! :)

My friend lives in Arcadia, CA may be I should ask her that.

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Just noticed getting 3G today in Rosemead, CA! :)

Heading west on the I-10 I picked up 3G on iPhone 4S a little before the Rosemead off ramp

Monterey Park, CA has 3G @ 1900 enabled at the cell site at Garfield Medical Center which seems to cover a wide area.

Risingkazuya05

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
That's good to know. About a month ago at the Bellevue Square Apple Store, I overheard a woman decided to return her iPhone 4S due to T-mobile EDGE network. I have a 'supposed to be' unlocked iPhone 4 (AT&T) but have yet to verified

You can always test it with someone's Tmobile micro sim or u can check imei.info or other imei verification sites to verify if the phone is unlocked. After they (AT&T) unlocked mine, they asked me to restore it on iTunes and got the "unlocked successful" notification.

Emburybrett

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2011
you can tell they are starting to roll it out faster because the coverage on that site has 5 times what it had 3 weeks ago when i lasted looked at it.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
That is the covergae map. Tells you where the 3g and 4g are. Uncheck 2g and leave 3g and 4g.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
That is the covergae map. Tells you where the 3g and 4g are. Uncheck 2g and leave 3g and 4g.

pretty cool, but that's for current towers using the old band.. there is also a site that shows only the refarmed 3g networks.

Thanks though! :D

DorkieDoode

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Im also in Rosemead, CA next to Baldwin Ave and im consistently getting 3G signal this whole pass weekend. I've been testing in San Gabriel and it works too. But toward Monterey park it's back to edge. I'm sad that here at work I'm not getting it though. Hopefully one day it can come to work.

Here's the speed.
1: Edge at work
2: T-Mobile 3G at home
3: T-mobile 3G at home
4: Edge at home

photo-1.png

Last edited:

cbutters

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Kind of late to the thread, but whatever. Anyways, some people already have had T-Mobile 3G on their iPhone for several months now. According to one site, users in the Pacific Northwest, Nevada, Utah, and California should have 3G. Perhaps they could have been a bit more specific, but that is a good start.

Utah has NEVER had iphone compatible 3G, I don't know why T-mobile sent out that press release, because if you look at the airportal.de map, you will see that the "pacific northwest" area is the LAST place that is starting to get 1900mhz 3g compatible with the iPhone.... I know because I have been waiting patiently for 2 years now for it to happen, and I am steamed that T-mobile says pacific northwest, nevada, utah is the first to get it, because we are the absolute last people getting it.... I will kiss the air the day I get iPhone compatible 3G on T-mobile.. if I would have known it would take this long, I might have switched already...

That said.... since they ACTUALLY started the 3G rollout just a month or two ago starting in washington, and NYC, it has actually spread REALLY fast (see the previous mentioned http://airportal.de website... I check it every day. I expect some 3G goodness here in Utah very soon ( I have noticed really strange things happening on the T-mobile network, which I am praying is a sign that they are testing the new iPhone compatible frequencies.)

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I'm here in Beaverton Oregon and we finally have consistent 3G signal in the area. I go past Portland and it goes back to EDGE network but I'm sure by the end of this year, every area will have 3G signal.

photo1.png

hwnstyle21

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
Good to see parts of the 626 (I'm in San Gabriel) getting 3G. T-mobile does have an enticing $30 prepaid plan (100min, unl text, unl data 5gb before cap).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.