Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karoline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Hi All.

I am considering buying the newest MBook AIR, 13"
In short, I want all best parameters, so:
- 512GB flash storage.
- Processor - dual-core 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
- Memory - 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L memory
plus

However I am not sure about the weight of the laptop.
The Mac web-pages provides info that the weight of 13" MBA is 1.3 kg, however it might vary depending on the configuration. So, my question is: does anybody knows an exact weight of the 13" MBA equipped in best possible hardware?

thanks and greetings!

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
Do you need to know the weight down to the gram? None of the components that can be configured (RAM, SSD, processor) will differ in weight by more than a memory chip or two. You're talking grams, not kgs. In other words, does 1.31 kg vs. 1.3 kg mean anything?

karoline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
0.1 kg does not matter at all:))

I am newbie and I never had MAC so I don't know how it goes with Mac Computers

thanks!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
... and remember kids, more stuff on your drive does not increase overall weight. :rolleyes:

Let me take my electron scale and confirm that. Surely a few 1s weigh more than 0s. :D

To the OP, the weight difference is minimal. It's the difference between a handful of silicon chips (think the weight of one RAM card).

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
... and remember kids, more stuff on your drive does not increase overall weight. :rolleyes:

LOL. U guys are killing me.

Worry more about the expensive pouch/bag/protection ur getting for it, will probably weight more than any AIR u end up buying.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Don't forget to calculate in the gravitational pull depending on your altitude and latitude. That could add/subtract a few milligrams as well ;)

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
The primary reason for me buying an SSD for my MBP was that it was 80 grams lighter then the 7200rpm drive I had before :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.