Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robert05au

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Dubbo, NSW
I started seeing this issue this morning prior to this it was just working normally without this error

An error has occurred

The operation couldn’t be completed.
(NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.)

I have done some google searches without much luck o what it means.

Any help or info would be great I have also posted on apple forums as yet no response.

For me this is strange as less than 12 hrs ago this worked and checked without error/s

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Same here. Way to go Apple switching Software Update to the lousy Mac App Store.

-Kevin

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
+1, same error showed up for me tonight (9/12).

I'm wondering if it is related to iTunes 10.7 upgrade i did tonight (causing a conflict)

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
I believe the iTunes server crashed again, causing this error. (Mac App Store server is exactly the same as iTunes server)

I say, give it 2 to 10 days for things to get back to normal.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I believe the iTunes server crashed again, causing this error. (Mac App Store server is exactly the same as iTunes server)

I say, give it 2 to 10 days for things to get back to normal.

Pretty sad if things crash for just for an incremental version of iTunes.

+1, same error showed up for me tonight (9/12).

I'm wondering if it is related to iTunes 10.7 upgrade i did tonight (causing a conflict)

Nope...I don't have iTunes 10.7 yet and still get the error.

-Kevin

robert05au

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Dubbo, NSW
I am wondering now if it is some form of crash with the server or due to the fact 10.8.2 could be out any time soon. I downloaded iTunes 10.7 manually from apples support site due to the error message.

Let hope they get it sorted out soon.

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
OK, I worked on this today regarding the error when doing app updates "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.)"
and resolved it on my late '08 MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.1 by entering the following command into Terminal and then entering my (admin) password:

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Hope this works for you too

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
OK, I worked on this today regarding the error when doing app updates "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.)"
and resolved it on my late '08 MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.1 by entering the following command into Terminal and then entering my (admin) password:

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Hope this works for you too

Didn't help here. Even restarted router.

-Kevin

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
Didn't help here. Even restarted router.

-Kevin

Sorry to hear it. It really did make the difference for me and I'd rather pass these things along with the chance that it may help others. Hopefully a more universal fix will emerge soon.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Sorry to hear it. It really did make the difference for me and I'd rather pass these things along with the chance that it may help others. Hopefully a more universal fix will emerge soon.

No problem.....glad you passed it on.

I've heard using Googles DNS fixes it for some as well.....haven't tried that yet.

-Kevin

----------

After trying this from Adam Engst:
https://twitter.com/adamengst/statuses/246382103808331776

It worked.

What is interesting is.....I got it to see the update, and then switched my DNS back to default Comcast. I now can't DOWNLOAD the update.

So this seems like a DNS routing issue.

What ISPs are people using?

-Kevin

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
No problem.....glad you passed it on.

I've heard using Googles DNS fixes it for some as well.....haven't tried that yet.

-Kevin

----------

After trying this from Adam Engst:
https://twitter.com/adamengst/statuses/246382103808331776

It worked.

What is interesting is.....I got it to see the update, and then switched my DNS back to default Comcast. I now can't DOWNLOAD the update.

So this seems like a DNS routing issue.

What ISPs are people using?

-Kevin

My ISP is Time Warner (Road Runner)

Seems to be a DNS issue and will likely correct as DNS updates. That's why the Terminal command I used made a difference for me. My guess is that App update is pointing to an old location on some computers/ISP's

Another option might be:

1. Open System Preferences - Network

2. Highlight active conenction

3. Click Advanced.

4. TCP/IP

5. Renew DHCP Lease

robert05au

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Dubbo, NSW
Thankfully it seems to have sorted itself out on my end. Software update via mac app store works normally again this morning.

Still no idea what exactly the error was caused by but from reading the posts re DNS routing issues that is something I didn't think of trying.

Hopefully those whom are still seeing the error it gets sorted quickly for you

:)

cleve2christ

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia Beach
Update issue

I ran the update this morning (iTunes, security, & java). Immediately afterwards, the computer won't get past the home screen. The dock and desktop items show up but the spinning rainbow never ends. Quitting and restarting the finder does no good. I cannot move beyond this point. Help! I wish I'd never run the update.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.