Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
Is this the Huntsville, AL store??
Really, you didn't read the thread title? How about a quick google of Temecula - probably not too many places named that, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple wasn't simply self-insured, like a lot of government agencies, wherein they can absorb the cost for a lot less than regular premiums would cost. Insurance is a profitable business, they make more money in premiums than they pay out, otherwise they'd be out of business. Apple is better off just being self-insured instead of paying the cost plus the profit to an insurer.

PlanetExp

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Agreed. We have 18" thick granite pillars sunk 4' deep into cribbing as our gate posts. 5' sticks out of the ground. Vehicles can't go through the posts. Three trucks have tried, one was a big concrete truck. Apple could have some very classy stone pillars outside their stores which would stop vehicles totally and look great.

Look, even the old Greeks had it
parthenon-and-the-acropolis-landmark-1.jpg

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
Apple should take this as inspiration to go drive-through. More and more yanks are too fat to walk in to stores.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
I find it stupid how people have to rob to try and get some money. Why not just get a job???

I actually find it sad when I see how the human race has sunk so low. :(

Anyway, maybe Apple will think its because their items are too expensive for some people and decide to put prices down. That way I can buy all their things :D

Go Apple!!! :apple:

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
Apple should take this as inspiration to go drive-through. More and more yanks are too fat to walk in to stores.

UK comes in third for world obesity. Mind your country before criticizing others. If you want to discuss statistics, let's go ahead and discuss the olympics. Or why you're on a .com site rather than a .co.uk?

DVD9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010

That's by design. Junk food is not only convenient but cheaper than healthy food. Former Senator Alan Simpson from Wyoming - who was appointed by Obama to his Fiscal Reform Commission - once openly spoke at a televised Senate hearing about Americans living too long and supported the idea of Americans drinking and smoking more.

He wasn't joking. He said Social Security would go bankrupt if larger numbers of Americans didn't start dying before they turned 65.

Of course he and all the other Senators have never seen an increase in the budget for the Pentagon, FBI or the rest of the "National Security state " that they have not supported.

They always throw up their arms in the classic Roman salute to vote more billions to commit mass murder.

Fraaaa

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
London, UK
Agreed. We have 18" thick granite pillars sunk 4' deep into cribbing as our gate posts. 5' sticks out of the ground. Vehicles can't go through the posts. Three trucks have tried, one was a big concrete truck. Apple could have some very classy stone pillars outside their stores which would stop vehicles totally and look great.

I'm quite sure you don't need a car to break a glass door.

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles
Why is everyone here implying that floor models have significantly less value? They surely don't.

They'll be fenced on Craigslist as used hardware just as well as you could with any other stolen item.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Why is everyone here implying that floor models have significantly less value? They surely don't.

They'll be fenced on Craigslist as used hardware just as well as you could with any other stolen item.

You seem to know a lot about "used hardware". Do you happen to have a "used" rMBP for sale? :p

dlp1000

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2010
I wonder if wifi was automatically used during the theft...

If the store was scoped out prior to the theft, the thieves may have connected with Apple's store's wifi. At that time of night, anything which automatically connected to wifi would likely be one of the thieves iPhones...

Anyone know if Apple turns off wifi at night?

Asleyyepis

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Hi there

i think that apple products are better than samsung but it is too expensive. Now Samsung has many products with a lot of differrent costs that are suitable for clients

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.