Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegasryn

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That article doesn't say anything about the Verizon iPhone not having a SIM card slot. It says that they won't and can't use current SIM's, and that's true; they can only use nano SIMS.

My order confirmation says "embedded sim" in the description

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
quite possibly what that means..i can't imagine they would have a different chassis without sim card slot strictly for CDMA folk
Like I said if they actually embedded it into the board of the phone that would upset so many people and it would be so crazy inconvenient. I am pretty sure we will just be getting SIM's preinstalled so we don't have to worry about it.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I am trying to buy it at full retail price and still don't have the option to chose existing plan and keep unlimited data any ideas ?

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I used a friends account and his upgrade to buy the phone. I ordered using the iPhone app. The shipping address is not his billing address on his Verizon account, I used my billing address to process my debit card... I then went back on Verizon.com and changed his billing address to the same billing address associated with my debit card. Is my order going to be canceled?

I assume if I set all of the addresses to the billing address of my card (Verizon billing address, iPhone 5 order billing address and shipping address) Then theres no way it would be canceled right?

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
I used a friends account and his upgrade to buy the phone. I ordered using the iPhone app. The shipping address is not his billing address on his Verizon account, I used my billing address to process my debit card... I then went back on Verizon.com and changed his billing address to the same billing address associated with my debit card. Is my order going to be canceled?
If it went through probably not...I would go here and submit a ticket:https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp or call them.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
If it went through probably not...I would go here and submit a ticket:https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp or call them.

Yeah it went through np, but i've head of them canceling orders in the past that didnt have matching information. I'd submit a ticket, but they wont even talk to me because i'm not on the account of the person whoes upgrade I used. (They just gave me all of their information.)

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
I didn't get a order confirmation is that normal I ordered at like 3:15
It can take up to 24 hours.

Yeah it went through np, but i've head of them canceling orders in the past that didnt have matching information. I'd submit a ticket, but they wont even talk to me because i'm not on the account of the person whoes upgrade I used. (They just gave me all of their information.)
I thought that was really only a problem with ATT and ordering from Apple...I see your dilemma though I guess get your friend to call lol

wacomme

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
I ordered three phones to a new Verizon plan. It appears they will be delivered 9/21. To simplify matters, I ordered new phone numbers. Can I port our T-Mobile numbers to these phone at a later date - say after two days of testing service in my home area?

Vegasryn

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I ordered three phones to a new Verizon plan. It appears they will be delivered 9/21. To simplify matters, I ordered new phone numbers. Can I port our T-Mobile numbers to these phone at a later date - say after two days of testing service in my home area?

as long as the tmobile number(s) are still active you can port at any time

wacomme

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
Thank you. I was a little worried about ordering phones with new numbers.

Also, if I want AppleCare+ on these phones, how do I get it? Verizon only wanted to sell me their warranties.

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
For anyone who had a "pending credit approval" message... I called CS (just kept pressing 0 until I got someone) and gave them the credit application number and calling expedited the process and they reviewed/approved the order and just got my order confirmation.

bryanlanning

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
For anyone who had a "pending credit approval" message... I called CS (just kept pressing 0 until I got someone) and gave them the credit application number and calling expedited the process and they reviewed/approved the order and just got my order confirmation.

Can you please let us know what number you've called? I'm a new customer, and have tried a couple different ones and am getting no where! I really want to expedite this so I don't have to wait weeks!

Thanks!

bryanlanning

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
1-800-922-0204

Hmm... Well I didn't try that one but I just did and still got the same message about calling back. Guess I'll wait 25 minutes.

When I call and they approve my order, does it have the same seniority as it did when I ordered, or when they approved it? Just curious because Apple is already sold out for 2 weeks and I don't know about Verizons but if that's any indication than I can't be without a phone for that long. :(

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Hmm... Well I didn't try that one but I just did and still got the same message about calling back. Guess I'll wait 25 minutes.

When I call and they approve my order, does it have the same seniority as it did when I ordered, or when they approved it? Just curious because Apple is already sold out for 2 weeks and I don't know about Verizons but if that's any indication than I can't be without a phone for that long. :(
Not sure but Verizon's website is still showing delivered by the 21st so they still have stock.

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake

The rep made a point of telling me it held my place despite the order being on hold and I got my order confirmation within 10 mins of hanging up with a 9/21 deliver date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.