Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myditka

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
guys CALL them! I was going to wait but i just called and confirmed getting it BY the 21st! Very fast, im so glad I dont have to wait till tomorrow as first planned

bryanlanning

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
The rep made a point of telling me it held my place despite the order being on hold and I got my order confirmation within 10 mins of hanging up with a 9/21 deliver date.

Awesome. So you had no deposit? It's so weird because I specifically went into a VZW store and had them check how many lines I was approved for. I was approved for 5 with no deposit. :-/ Kinda confused.

I'll post the results when I talk to them in 12 minutes.

Thank you for your help.

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
Awesome. So you had no deposit? It's so weird because I specifically went into a VZW store and had them check how many lines I was approved for. I was approved for 5 with no deposit. :-/ Kinda confused.

I'll post the results when I talk to them in 12 minutes.

Thank you for your help.

Nope, they just approved it without a deposit. I found it odd myself because I'm an existing customer and was just adding a line and I did not have a deposit or a credit hold even when we signed up for the account 4 months ago.

Good luck!

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
I also received a pending order confirmation I called customer service they told me everything is fine you will receive it on the 21st. So :confused::confused:

:D ?

bryanlanning

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
What numbers are you guys calling and how are you speaking to people??? I can't get through to anyone! So frustrating! :(

I'm a new customer so I don't have a number. I even called the normal CS line that opens at 6est, which it is past, and they are still saying call back during normal business hours.

Would love details on how you go to a representative to fix the hold on your orders. :D

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
My email says delivery by the 21st and order status says ship by 21st. Honestly, I don't care which. I'm getting a phone either way.

myditka

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
What numbers are you guys calling and how are you speaking to people??? I can't get through to anyone! So frustrating! :(

I'm a new customer so I don't have a number. I even called the normal CS line that opens at 6est, which it is past, and they are still saying call back during normal business hours.

Would love details on how you go to a representative to fix the hold on your orders. :D
1-800-688-9290 new customer as well ! Good luck

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Got a great night's rest. Just woke up. Logged in to vzw.com. Pre-ordered phone. Got confirmation e-mail for 9/21 delivery. Now eating breakfast. :)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Now my wife's phone/line just received a text alert about an online order and fraud. I'm glad her phone was on the table next to me or I wouldn't have known.

Why would they send a fraud alert to her phone when it was my device & my line being upgraded? Strange.

----------

So I just called to Pre-Order and they said it would be shipping the 21st? 0.o Does this mean i wont receive it on the 21st?

Go by the email, it should say deliver by.

Mine had asteriks and messages on the order page that said: Please note, ships by the 21st means delivers by the 21st.

Maybe you just didn't catch it?

lifeguard

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
When do they charge your card? My card go thit for a dollar and not the full amount? is there a problem or do they charge when they ship? Anyone know?

PezRadar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Woke up around 6am EST as I slept past my alarm. Ooops!

Read about the 2 week delay on Apple.com so I went to VerizonWireless.com and ordered.

Paid unsubsidized pricing and got a 16GB White iPhone 5 and kept my Unlimited Plan without issue. Had different billing and shipping addresses without issue. Got an order confirmation within 30 seconds of submitting my order.

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

Checked my order status on the link above and it says processing and my Order confirmation says "Deliver by 9/21"

Well....

That was pretty damn easy.

chucknelson

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Charlotte, NC
My order seemed to go through at 3:30 AM, but then I wake up to this e-mail:

Thanks for your recent order. Unfortunately, we were unable to process your order because your credit application was placed on hold due for the following reason:
Our Credit Review Department has requested further information from you.

Please call us immediately to complete your order.

I'm hoping this means the phone is set aside and they just need to confirm some things. Anyone know for sure? I can't call until later.

elmorage

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
is anyone still waiting on a confirmation email?

I know it says up to 24 hours but everyone here is getting them immediately and i had to be one of the first ones through, started the order as soon as they went live just before 3 est, and finished by 3:05. Now it is almost 5 hours later and I still have no email confirmation. CS reps have no info, hoping I am not sliding down the shipping priority list while I wait.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Just got two ordered from Verizon. One black 16 gig for the wife and I decided to get the white one, 16 gig. Took about 5 minutes, compared to almost a full day with ATT when the iPhone 4 came out.

Hopefully I made it in time to get delivery by the 21st.

Got the confirmation email, which was quick. Unlike that debacle from the iPhone 4 on ATT.

Last edited:

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
I ordered three phones (coming over from AT&T....thankfully). Two iPhone 5s, then a 4 for my wife. I was thinking the iPhone 4 would be free, but Verizon priced it at $99. Looks like apple.com has it for free and AT&T for $.99.

Wasn't it supposed to be free with new two year contract? I might as well have bought an iPhone 5 for my wife for the extra $100 vs getting an ancient iPhone 4 for $99.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.