Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
MI
Ordered on apple's webite at 3:05AM, e-mail confirmation received at 3:13AM, credit card charged at 6:21AM. Now waiting for the tracking number for next ^^

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Its working

Just ordered through premier site!! Its up and running!! In for two and confirmation emails came in instantly!! Happy happy joy noy =)

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Question about confirmation emails

To those that got through and already got a confirmation email ...

Does it say this:

"Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your purchase from the Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Reference Web Order Number: 1XXXXXXXXXXXX"

Had to get this from premier site and not the regular ATT site.. does everybody's confirmation email say this?!?! Or do your emails say "You WILL be getting it on Sept 21st"??

Just curious...

----------

Placed an order at 2:12 & 2:17 EST. Both are 32GB one white & one black. And already having the pending transaction on my card for it.

Please se my question above.. you seem to be one of the first customers who got in through ATT ... Thanks in advance

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
ATT website is worthless. It will let you choose the phone but as soon as you do it takes you to a page that says:

Your order cannot be completed online at this time.
If you need further assistance, please call Customer
Care at 1-800-331-0500 or visit an AT&T store near you

LFSimon

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
Illinois
Didn't stay up all night, waited until my normal wake up time

Woke up at 5:20 and saw I had an email from ATT (received at 5:05AM Central time) saying iPhone 5 available for pre-order. I tried apple store app on iPad but it indicated 2 week delay. Back on PC clicked link on email and went to premier site. First order went through fine. Order for second phone (both upgrades) resulted in error message twice. Closed Firefox, opened Chrome and tried again and order went through fine. Got emails identical to one below. Both white 32GB for wife and daughter. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 as it suits my needs fine - I use an iPad more than the iPhone for most internet stuff anyways. If I get too jealous of their new phones and see a need I'll order one for me in a couple months.

Does it say this:

"Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your purchase from the Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Had to get this from premier site and not the regular ATT site.. does everybody's confirmation email say this?!?! Or do your emails say "You WILL be getting it on Sept 21st"??

Just curious...

----------

Please se my question above.. you seem to be one of the first customers who got in through ATT ... Thanks in advance

That is the exact message I got. Hopefully it means Sept 21, as I passed up the Apple site which said 2 week availability when I logged in on iPad Apple Store App.

AndyFL

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
Activation fee

So I started the process on the Apple Store, saw 2 weeks, and decided otherwise. However, what I did notice was the I was seemingly going to be charged the $36 activation fee if I checked out via Apple. I was not charged that fee when I completed checkout on AT&T. <shrug> Fine with me!

FWIW, I (was) finished with my contract before ordering the 5.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
ATT website is worthless. It will let you choose the phone but as soon as you do it takes you to a page that says:

Your order cannot be completed online at this time.
If you need further assistance, please call Customer
Care at 1-800-331-0500 or visit an AT&T store near you

I called the number above, got a CSR almost immediately and was able to order.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I was going to order from AT&T but it wouldn't let me use a credit card with a different billing address... had to order from Apple and they're saying it's a 2 week wait :( I'm mad because I set my alarm so I'd be up in time to make sure I was one of the first, and I fell back asleep.

jargon51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Ordered 32GB Black as soon as they went live. Got e-mail confirmation minutes after and went to bed. I think I was asleep by 3:15 EST. Up this morning, checked bank account and the funds are pending withdrawl. GOOD TO GO

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
Order Processed

I ordered as soon as the AT&T site opened and received confirmation e-mail at 2:04 am CDT.

Received second e-mail at 2:47 am CDT saying the order was processed and sent to warehouse for shipping and can't be changed.

CC has a pending charge, come on 9/21.:)

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
For those worried about not getting you conf email, but got an order #..and then more worried when you got the "upgrade to iPhone 5 email", dont fret.

Ordered black 32g at 3:04 EST via apple store app. Went through instantly, got me email 5 seconds later, and bank shows a pending transaction for the full amount.

And I still got the "upgrade your iPhone" email this morning. It's just a email blast to every customer. It does not mean your order didn't go through. I remember last year a TON of people didn't get their conf email until the day it was supposed to arrive. And they still got it with no problems.

If u got an order #, don't worry. You'll get the phone next Friday.

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2002
Binghamton

Does it say this:

"Dear XXXXXXX,

Just curious...

----------

I got the exact same message, and ordered at 7:35am

cashlion

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011

Does it say this:

"Dear XXXXXXX,

Just curious..

This is exactly what mine says, which I know isn't very helpful to you, but I was wondering if you had clicked the order status link? Mine still says Pending. Kind of nervous about that.

boilert

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
very lame AT&T experience for me..I got up at 5 eastern, figuring the rush would have died down by then...saw 2 weeks on Apple, tried AT&T and got generic error "There was a problem with your request.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience.
(P1234)"

Tried for 30 minutes and finally gave up and ordered through Apple. AT&T came back up at 6 but I can't cancel the Apple order...oh well...it will be a race to see how much later Apple 2 week orders arrive...

Hippyshakes

macrumors member
For those worried about not getting you conf email, but got an order #..and then more worried when you got the "upgrade to iPhone 5 email", dont fret.

Ordered black 32g at 3:04 EST via apple store app. Went through instantly, got me email 5 seconds later, and bank shows a pending transaction for the full amount.

And I still got the "upgrade your iPhone" email this morning. It's just a email blast to every customer. It does not mean your order didn't go through. I remember last year a TON of people didn't get their conf email until the day it was supposed to arrive. And they still got it with no problems.

If u got an order #, don't worry. You'll get the phone next Friday.

Understood and thanks. My "issue" (more like concern) is that it would not let me change the shipping addy while in the order process, and I need to use the "Edit Order Details" option to change it at the store. It so far (since 3:10am EST) has not changed from "Order Received" to "Processed" so that I can do the edit.

I'm going to give it a few more hours since the MY-APPLE number is slammed and can't take more calls.....

Just don't want my phone arriving in another state at a house I've now sold! :p

captainc

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I just ordered mine off ATT upgrade. I also have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. But DID NOT look like that. When I clicked add services there was only the "Unlimited Data for iPhone on 4G LTE" in cart. (The option to select without was available though in the service selection).

Also another issue. I have an old 1500 Text Msg plan from a previous iPhone purchase. When I was about to check out this is what happened:

Services:
Unlimited Data for iPhone on 4G LTE (+$30)

Services Removed:
Unlimited Data for iPhone (-$30)
1500 Text Messages for iPhone (-$15)

So I added the Unlimited Text Message (+$20) plan just incase and called customer support and they said that when I receive my phone and before I activate it I could call and request my old text message plan back.

Yeah I have unlimited texting for $20. The Services Removed part was not on my check out page.

egonpax

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Just decided to get up at 6:30AM CDT which is my usual wake up time (actually earlier but couldn't bring myself to get up. Ha.)

Logged into AT&T Premier (after seeing the 2 week Apple estimate) and placed an order that immediately went through with no problem what-so-ever.
No weird removal or addition of any data plans.
Received a confirmation email within a minute of placing my order, which still says "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012." I hope that's true.
No pending charge yet.

I think I'll call later to see if I can get that stupid $36 waived (didn't it use to be $18?)

davez0r

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Just pre-ordered and still got the same "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012." Message. Fingers crossed...

braindead5400

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Wisconsin
For the record, I ordered at about 2:07 central time from AT&T and my confirmation email says "Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12" not "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012".

Not sure if it matters but it may indicate a stock issue. They're still quoting 9/21/12 on their website right now so clearly their expected ship dates are bogus.

egonpax

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
For the record, I ordered at about 2:07 central time from AT&T and my confirmation email says "Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12" not "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012".

Not sure if it matters but it may indicate a stock issue. They're still quoting 9/21/12 on their website right now so clearly their expected ship dates are bogus.

Thanks for the info. If I don't receive mine on the 21st no big deal. After all, it's just a phone. :D

RevolvingSheep

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
I called ATT and after a 20 minute wait, I told the guy the model of phone I wanted then I lost my call... stupid cell phones. :( He hasn't called me back. I can't call them back until way later because my College class starts in 2 minutes.

I keep trying to order online and a window pops up with some info and a continue button at the bottom. When I press it, it goes back to the screen that asks me to choose my model. This has been happening all morning.

I guess I won't be getting my phone on the 21st :(

wicker21

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Ordered around 7:30am CDT on the premier site and was done it two minutes. Got the same email saying it was reserved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.