Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

REDTAZ

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles, California
Just go to the Apple site and order a couple lightning USB cords, I did and they ship today.
That was the plan but if this adapter is coming with the iPhone 5 including those in the US I'd rather save my money since i was planning on buying 3 cords.

Includes it in Canada too, just checked on the website now.
That's some great news! Now to just wait and see if anyone in the US can confirm this. Tried to see myself but doesn't allot me to go to that step since the phone has already been pre-ordered on my line >.<

Mundty

macrumors member
May 7, 2012
You must be kidding! WIth the way our government is going you will not have ANY choice!:mad:

No I'm not, I think you should read up on their consumer protection laws, and maybe ours as well if you don't think we have choices.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Its not included anymore. Apple updated it. It was clearly a typo.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Just go to the Apple site and order a couple lightning USB cords, I did and they ship today.

Man, I ordered mine at the same time as my phone and it says 2-3 weeks. I didn't want to order yesterday because I am cheap and didn't want to pay for shipping.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Man, I ordered mine at the same time as my phone and it says 2-3 weeks. I didn't want to order yesterday because I am cheap and didn't want to pay for shipping.

Did you order the adapter or the new USB cord? The adapters WERE delayed but the new USB cords were in stock and shipping:cool:

prvt.donut

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
In Japan, in the store, there was no information! They don't know ****, just that they have hundreds of people lining up for iPhone 5 preorders.:rolleyes:

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Did you order the adapter or the new USB cord? The adapters WERE delayed but the new USB cords were in stock and shipping:cool:

Lightning to USB Cable
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Oct 9 - Oct 15 via Standard Shipping

Pulled directly from apple order status page.

----------

Then your i5 won't arrive until stock of the cords is available.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but the phone and cord will be shipping separately. The phone delivers Sept 21 and the cord will be here in the first half of October.

bugout

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
is everything!
Its not included anymore. Apple updated it. It was clearly a typo.

That's a pretty huge "typo"

It must be really difficult to mistakenly type out "Your iPhone includes a Lightening to 30-pin adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightening connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office"

Oh yeah, it is easy to make that typo, I just did it.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
That's a pretty huge "typo"

It must be really difficult to mistakenly type out "Your iPhone includes a Lightening to 30-pin adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightening connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office"

Oh yeah, it is easy to make that typo, I just did it.

Its only a mistake of messing up one word .

"Your iPhone needs a Lightening to 30-pin adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightening connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office"

bugout

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
is everything!

"Your iPhone needs a Lightening to 30-pin adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightening connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office"

The problem is that it now says: Use this intelligent and ultra-compact adapter to connect your 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightning connector.

kanesw

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
Nottingham

And additional and second...

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009

You forgot that word

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.