Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joelshooty

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
For the record, I ordered at about 2:07 central time from AT&T and my confirmation email says "Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12" not "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012".

Not sure if it matters but it may indicate a stock issue. They're still quoting 9/21/12 on their website right now so clearly their expected ship dates are bogus.

Did you order via Premier? I wonder if the wording is different depending if ordered through Premier or not...

I ordered via Premier at 6:45am EST and my e-mail says "reserved and should arrive..."

Last edited:

ScooterLibby

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Question for people who had unlimited data and signed up for it again:

When AT&T listed the price as $30/ month when I pre-ordered, was that $30/month I had alreday been paying or an additional $30/month on top of what I used to pay?

I have been grandfathered in since I had the 3.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Any idea how long it takes to get a tracking number from AT&T? I pre-ordered at 2:56 am Eastern Time. My credit card has a pending payment to AT&T.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Question for people who had unlimited data and signed up for it again:

When AT&T listed the price as $30/ month when I pre-ordered, was that $30/month I had alreday been paying or an additional $30/month on top of what I used to pay?

I have been grandfathered in since I had the 3.

That's what you are already paying.

Went to bed at midnight, got up at 3am, tried to get on Apple, AT&T and with the Apple Store app. Nothing. Saw someone else got in on Google Chrome, so downloaded Chrome, tried Apple store, got in, and ordered my black 64gb AT&T phone, delivery on 9/21. Back in bed by 3:45am. Confirmation email received around 6:55am.

:D

----------

Any idea how long it takes to get a tracking number from AT&T? I pre-ordered at 2:56 am. My credit card has a pending payment from AT&T.

It may be days before you receive a tracking number. I got one maybe two days before delivery last year (and received phone on launch date).

Also, don't be surprised if the pending authorization gets released in a couple of days. That's normal. They'll charge your card for real when they actually ship.

braindead5400

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Wisconsin
Any idea how long it takes to get a tracking number from AT&T? I pre-ordered at 2:56 am Eastern Time. My credit card has a pending payment to AT&T.

You aren't going to get a tracking number until it actually ships and the phones aren't shipping out today. Depending on the shipping service AT&T uses tracking numbers probably won't arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday.

kavabuggy

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
houston, tx
For the record, I ordered at about 2:07 central time from AT&T and my confirmation email says "Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12" not "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012".

Not sure if it matters but it may indicate a stock issue. They're still quoting 9/21/12 on their website right now so clearly their expected ship dates are bogus.

I'm in the central time zone too. My confirmation email was sent at 1:59am CST and my email says "will" also.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
You aren't going to get a tracking number until it actually ships and the phones aren't shipping out today. Depending on the shipping service AT&T uses tracking numbers probably won't arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Cool. Thanks.

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
just ordered. got this email:

Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. You can check your order status online anytime.

Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.

ugh, people who have ordered with ATT before, does it usually delay? I'll probably sell my 4S in the next few days and be without a phone for a few days but if they delay the shipment i'll be annoyed.

hlong290494

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Hello, I'm going to buy an iPhone 5 with a 2-year contract. However, I want to cancel the service early because I'm buying for my friend. So is the total cost 199$ (for iPhone 5 16GB) + 36$ activation fee + 325$ ETF - 10$/month in service?

timotheezz

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
New Jersey
just ordered. got this email:

Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. You can check your order status online anytime.

Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.

ugh, people who have ordered with ATT before, does it usually delay? I'll probably sell my 4S in the next few days and be without a phone for a few days but if they delay the shipment i'll be annoyed.

That's what I was just about to post. My card has already been charged, but now I'm not 100% sure it'll be delivered on 9/21. How can Apple show 2-3 weeks, but AT&T is saying 9/21???

Does anyone have any information regarding AT&T's pre-ordering processes last year? I have a feeling that I'll be receiving an email saying that my order has been delayed.

Note: I placed the order on AT&T's site at 9:26 EST time...

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
That's what I was just about to post. My card has already been charged, but now I'm not 100% sure it'll be delivered on 9/21. How can Apple show 2-3 weeks, but AT&T is saying 9/21???

Does anyone have any information regarding AT&T's pre-ordering processes last year? I have a feeling that I'll be receiving an email saying that my order has been delayed.

yeah. im slightly worried myself. i guess i'll hold onto my 4S till the 5 arrives. i dont get how Apple can already be a few weeks backordered but ATT says it'll arrive on day 1.

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
yeah. im slightly worried myself. i guess i'll hold onto my 4S till the 5 arrives. i dont get how Apple can already be a few weeks backordered but ATT says it'll arrive on day 1.

Who knows for real, but my guess is that Apple's holding a lot of inventory back for in-store sales on 9/21, plus international sales, where AT&T doesn't have to do that. Their stores historically have few units to sell.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

Has anybody who ordered thru Premier received the email at the top? Can somebody confirm that they ordered early on and received "will be delivered ON" instead of "should arrive as soon as"??

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

AT&T is just covering their ass with that statement. That way, if there is a delay, they can say that they told you there might be one. I wouldn't worry about it.

My order went through some time around 12:10am. I got the confirmation emails 10-15 minutes later, an mine says "Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12". There is a pending charge on my credit card.

I ordered a 32GB black.

I, too, am coming from a grandfathered unlimited data plan, and it shows two separate $30 charges in the order summary. I'm not worried about it, and I'm sure as hell not calling about it until after my iPhone ships. I don't want to let any of those brilliant AT&T reps screw up my order.

bubbleboyjones

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2010

Man some of you guys are crazy. You're going to sell your current 4S and wait for the 5 to arrive while not having any phone?

I have a 3GS with a broken headphone jack and if it meant not having a phone I wouldn't even think about it and thats a 3GS not a 4S.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Why does the Apple page shows the Mobile Share plan as being 85 dollars for the 1 GB one? Don't they start at 40 dollars?

Also, I tried preordering a third one on the ATT site, and it won't let me keep my mobile share plan. Any way around this?

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
can anyone tell me what the *CURRENT* (as of this moment) ship time is from AT&T? I don't see it as I'm going through the whole checkout process, and I don't want to click "Agree" and "Checkout" until I know the date, but I have a feeling it won't tell me the date until after I checkout. I need it sooner than two weeks because I already sold my phone!

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Man some of you guys are crazy. You're going to sell your current 4S and wait for the 5 to arrive while not having any phone?

I have a 3GS with a broken headphone jack and if it meant not having a phone I wouldn't even think about it and thats a 3GS not a 4S.

Honestly, I rarely use my phone for voice service anyway. Maybe one call a week, maybe. Often no calls. I use FaceTime a lot though, and have an iPad for that.

----------

can anyone tell me what the *CURRENT* (as of this moment) ship time is from AT&T? I don't see it as I'm going through the whole checkout process, and I don't want to click "Agree" and "Checkout" until I know the date, but I have a feeling it won't tell me the date until after I checkout. I need it sooner than two weeks because I already sold my phone!

As of 10:37am Eastern, still showing 9/21 delivery. So is Verizon, except for the 64GB models. Sprint shows 9/21 for all models.

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Just ordered through the Premier site. Went smooth as silk and the delivery time says as soon as 9/21. I'll take my chances. I did the wait in line thing for the iPhone 4 and I swore I wouldn't do it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.