Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kavabuggy

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
houston, tx
placed two orders, and recieved confirmation email for order 1 at 1259am CST and email for order 2 at 103am CST. it took about six hours for me to see a pending payment online at bank of america.

got an email at 841am central time that my ATT (order #1, as the second one was for my mother through her account...i only know her confirmation email came in when it did, because she forwarded it to me)order has been processed and is in their warehouse ready for shipping. the right had side of the email has "pending shimpment" as the status.

Last edited:

braindead5400

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Wisconsin
Is 9/21 the SHIP date or is it the date that we should receive our phones?

It's the date you should receive your phone but no one knows for sure whether AT&T is doing live stock tracking or just taking as many pre-orders as possible. They also may not know when they'll get a second supply like Apple does so they may simply be keeping that date because they don't have any other date to use.

It makes sense for them to do it this way because they probably want to minimize the number of customers who will switch to another carrier simply because of a delay.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Premier question...I had no idea such a thing existed. My wife works for a school system so I put in her email address and poof! She is eligible. I've read on here that it can be a nightmare ordering thru that, so wondering what kind of, if any, discount can I expect on the iPhone 5? Also looking to move to the shared data plan...do they discount that as well?

paulold

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
Washington, DC
I have a friend who has the iPhone 4S on an AT&T family plan and she said it only cost her $649 to upgrade to the iPhone 5 64GB model. Why did I have to pay $849? (Granted, I am with Verizon, but I doubt that's the reason.) Is it because her plan costs a little more than mine so she's been paying more of the cost of the iPhone 4S over time than myself?

sammiet

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Premier question...I had no idea such a thing existed. My wife works for a school system so I put in her email address and poof! She is eligible. I've read on here that it can be a nightmare ordering thru that, so wondering what kind of, if any, discount can I expect on the iPhone 5? Also looking to move to the shared data plan...do they discount that as well?

There isn't a premiere discount on the iPhone (at least we didn't on ours that we ordered this morning) but you do get discounts on your monthly charges!

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
There isn't a premiere discount on the iPhone (at least we didn't on ours that we ordered this morning) but you do get discounts on your monthly charges!

Cool! I just looked at our premier. Not seeing any discount on the $90 mobile share plan, but maybe it comes at checkout. What kind of discount can I expect and do I have to order online for the discount or can I get it at the store?

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
It's the date you should receive your phone but no one knows for sure whether AT&T is doing live stock tracking or just taking as many pre-orders as possible. They also may not know when they'll get a second supply like Apple does so they may simply be keeping that date because they don't have any other date to use.

It makes sense for them to do it this way because they probably want to minimize the number of customers who will switch to another carrier simply because of a delay.

I ordered mine through Apple if that makes any kind of difference.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I have a friend who has the iPhone 4S on an AT&T family plan and she said it only cost her $649 to upgrade to the iPhone 5 64GB model. Why did I have to pay $849? (Granted, I am with Verizon, but I doubt that's the reason.) Is it because her plan costs a little more than mine so she's been paying more of the cost of the iPhone 4S over time than myself?

Actually it is because you are on Verizon. AT&T is offering an "early upgrade" discount equal to subsidized price of iphone + $250. Verizon is not.

braindead5400

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Wisconsin
I ordered mine through Apple if that makes any kind of difference.

Ah, well this is the AT&T pre-order thread, not the Apple thread. For Apple orders that got in on time you will receive the phone on the 21st. For those that didn't, you'll receive the phone at some point after which is estimated at two weeks right now (two weeks from now I believe, not two weeks from next Friday).

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
Umm AT&T is telling me, at the "confirm order" page that I have to change my data plan. I currently have the 2GB. At my local store yesterday I was told that my plan wouldn't change at all, if I didn't want it to. Anyone know how to get around this on the website, or do I have to handle it in person?

mr1581

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
i got so fed up trying to order through my premier acct..which i still haven't been able to do... that i went to att in a dif browser and opened up a brand new line...ordered just now...still said 9/21.. and i will merge it directly into my current family plan...at least thats what i hope to do..if not..can always return and buy in store.

joelshooty

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
Just ordered through the Premier site. Went smooth as silk and the delivery time says as soon as 9/21. I'll take my chances. I did the wait in line thing for the iPhone 4 and I swore I wouldn't do it again.

I went through the iPhone 4 frenzy with AT&T Premier... I ordered within hours of the pre-sale starting and yet I was one of the last to get a confirmation number and tracking number. I spent days being pissed that people who ordered later than I did would get the iPhone 4 on launch day and I'd have to wait a week(s) to get mine. But I got mine on launch day just like everyone else.

Moral of the story: AT&T's system is slow and updates orders randomly. Don't lose sleep over it... my guess is anyone who orders before noon today will be in very good shape to get the phone on the 21st. Don't try to read to much into the wording of e-mails or parse some cryptic message an AT&T rep supposedly said. It's not worth it.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Umm AT&T is telling me, at the "confirm order" page that I have to change my data plan. I currently have the 2GB. At my local store yesterday I was told that my plan wouldn't change at all, if I didn't want it to. Anyone know how to get around this on the website, or do I have to handle it in person?

Same thing happened to me. I signed up for mobile share yesterday and that made me change when I pre-ordered today.

I added the cheapest one and will call in right before I'm about to activate so that it doesn't activate with the iPhone. It pretty much says to do that at the top above the plans. Kind of dumb, but whatever.

joelshooty

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007

I ran into this too. I just accepted the change from 2GB to 3GB and I plan to call AT&T once I activate the phone and get them to change it back. From my experience the AT&T reps will do it without any trouble (I had a friend who elected the metered plan because he wanted tethering, changed his mind a month later and AT&T switched him back to unlimited).

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Trying to get through to ATT to get clarification on my grandfathered data and text ($5 for 200) plan. When I ordered there was nothing asking about text plans and my order summary had two lines for LTE, one w/ Visual Voice and one w/o. Both were $30/mo, but doesn't make any sense.

Anyone know that the deal is with texts and also whats up with the two LTE plan item lines?

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Ordered from Premier around 6:45 AM EST and I just checked my bank account and there are 3 separate pending charges on my debit card.

I also got the "as soon as 9/21" message.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
ordered through apple.com..i can wait a week or 2.

last year, att gave me a headache. they kept telling me my order was on backorder for weeks. never again..

JFC

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Trying to get through to ATT to get clarification on my grandfathered data and text ($5 for 200) plan. When I ordered there was nothing asking about text plans and my order summary had two lines for LTE, one w/ Visual Voice and one w/o. Both were $30/mo, but doesn't make any sense.

Anyone know that the deal is with texts and also whats up with the two LTE plan item lines?

I'm trying to figure out the text plans as well. The first time I tried to order through ATT there were options for text, however none of them were my current text plan. All subsequent attempts to order through ATT bring me to a different order page that does not have any info about available text plans, but tells me I am ordering two data plans, (Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without Visual Voicemail & Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE) each $30. I'm not sure what is going on.

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010

same thing happened to me.

ordered through apple.com..i can wait a week or 2.

last year, att gave me a headache. they kept telling me my order was on backorder for weeks. never again..

ugh. i hope thats not the case for me this year. this is the first time i order thru ATT, not apple...

euvnairb

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
Goleta, CA
Question: since the iphone 5 will utilize the new nano-sim standard, does that mean the phone is being shipped with this? Or will we be required to go to an ATT store to get and activate the new sim card?

detroit1

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008

same thing happened to me with the data plans. Im gonna call once i get the phone and see whats going on. Also just got my email that says its in the warehouse ready for shipment :D

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits

Same here this am. Additionally; it showed no 2GB data plan (wife has), and forced an order of 200mb, 300mb, or 3GB for 30.

Gotta say this for the record. WTF AT&T? 1 year to update an order system, which delivers cryptic requirements, and possible unintended consequences.

Granted, I am certain I will sort it (when I have 2 hours to call them), but honestly; why even do online if you have to fricken call to fix there S*** in the end anyway.

This is the crap that pisses me off; the details are never ever polished with that company.

applepizzaz4u

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Apple Order Status Down?

I got my order in on time and received confirmation email for the 21st. Now when I try to check the order status on apple's website I get this:

"We're sorry. Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later."

Anybody else getting this?

UPDATE: Nevermind. Looks like it was a little glitch. Got in now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.