Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Had a good night rest woke up around 11am EST pre-ordered on ATT site (64GB Black) went smoothly says it will deliver by the 21st and my order is "Pending Shipment" I did this with the 4 when it came out and it got to me on the first day. I'm in no hurry to get it so an extra week wont be something that would bother me if that happens.

WindowsTraitor

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
not sure if this will help anybody on premier , or that has problems with the online ordering.

I was having issues ordering online. I was getting an error message when I click on upgrade. I tried for 30 minutes no results.

SO I decided to log in using my iphone, and the order wen thorugh in a second.

I just entered my card, and change the billing address.

I got the email confirmation from att, with an web order reference number. saying that the phone should arrive as soon as Sep 21st

I ordered a black 32gb Iphone 5.

When I click on order status, I see:

Received: Check
Preorder: blank
Shipped: Blank

I have had issues ordering from ATT before. I hope it goes well

joelshooty

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
AT&T is now saying 14-21 business days before shipping.

Where does it say this? And for which model? (black/white, 16/32/64GB?)

The pre-order page on the AT&T site still says "Your iPhone 5 16GB will arrive on 9/21/12" for the 16GB Black.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
Order placed on the Apple Store website (black 32 GB AT&T model) at 3:01am with the confirmation email arriving at 3:02am. :D

sammiet

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Cool! I just looked at our premier. Not seeing any discount on the $90 mobile share plan, but maybe it comes at checkout. What kind of discount can I expect and do I have to order online for the discount or can I get it at the store?

We get 10% off everything I think?

mattpol

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2002
New York, NY
Just FYI, no AT&T orders are considered final and complete until you get a second email from them, with a link to accept contracts T&Cs. Then your order gets routed to be shipped.

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Also another tip when ordering through AT&T's site: Use firefox. I tried with Chrome and Safari, but kept getting hung up on the "Add data plan" button. Firefox was smooth sailing! The only thing I don't like about going through AT&T vs the Apple Store is that you have to ship to your billing address and I fear whoever they choose as a delivery carrier I won't be home and they won't just leave it at my door or in my mailbox. Anyone know what UPS and FedEx do in this regard? Do they require a signature??

NttDocomo

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
hi just wonder they said order limit to 2 but if I already have a family plan with more than 2 lines, does it mean that I have to open another account to upgrade all my lines?

cashlion

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
Anyone else noticed that it still says 'Your iPhone 5 16GB will arrive on 9/21', when you place it as a new customer? Could just be an oversight? I feel as though since I have been a loyal customer for 4 years and paid the upgrade fee, that I should be a priority. If mine doesn't come before two weeks are up, I'm definitely leaving. Almost left last night, but I can't afford not to have phone for an entire week while my number is being ported.

Apple%20iPhone%205%20-%2016%20GB%20-%20Black%20cell%20phone%20from%20AT%26T.png

Tibu

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2011
To be honest, I actually called to make the pre-order and just before I had to agree to the terms I backed out. Last year my pre-order went FUBAR to the fullest. My order hadn't even shipped on the day the phone came out and my CC hadn't even been charged. Went to the store where I made the pre-order and my blood boiled as I saw them selling 4S's to walk ins and they refused to cancel my pre-order and sell me one from the in store stock.

Since I didn't wake up at 3AM for the super early pre-order hoopla, I won't take a chance this year with it. I'll just take my chances with the brick and mortar stores. My experience from last year was that there wasn't even a large line to buy it. I don't think this year will be different. I'll be going early to a smallish AT&T store away from the big city stores.

wsuhoops1000

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
Att website still says if you go to the iPhone 5 page "your iPhone will arrive on September 21, 2012. That means all of us who ordered earlier are in the clear!!

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
i only received 1 email from ATT, stating that it would deliver on 9/21, and when i click the "check your order status" link it just says "processing" thats all. it does not say the 21st, just "processing"

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Att website still says if you go to the iPhone 5 page "your iPhone will arrive on September 21, 2012. That means all of us who ordered earlier are in the clear!!

Or it means they have a website built in 1999 and isn't linked to inventory; it's just a graphic the webmaster put up and never bothered to take down. It's ATT. Don't assume anything.

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
I ordered from the Premier site. My status doesn't say "Processing," it says "Pending." When I called 611 to check status, they said they could not find more order. :(

Last edited:

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
i only received 1 email from ATT, stating that it would deliver on 9/21, and when i click the "check your order status" link it just says "processing" thats all. it does not say the 21st, just "processing"

You'll be fine. I have the same status and ordered way earlier this morning. When I called CS just to make sure they said that was the norm and all will be fine for a 9/21 delivery date.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I received two emails back to back one with the order confirmation and another that says "We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment" along with a notice that stated shipment is pending. Anyone else get this?

kavabuggy

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
houston, tx
Has anybody who ordered thru Premier received the email at the top? Can somebody confirm that they ordered early on and received "will be delivered ON" instead of "should arrive as soon as"??

My email said WILL. And I just got an email saying my order is at the warehouse ready for shipping.

iKatz

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Ordered at 11:57am, went through. Got email confirmation. Then got an email that my ordered "needed attention". Freaked out. Realized i used a credit card that didnt have enough $ on it. Clicked the link in the "need more attention" email and it let me update my payment info. Then about 20 minutes later i received a new order confirmation email. 9/21 delivery wooooooooo!!!! :D

Connor8824

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
I ordered from the Premier site. My status doesn't say "Processing," it says "Pending." When I called 611 to check status, they said they could not find more order. :(

This also happened to me! Does anyone know what this means? My email said it can be delivered "as early as 9/12."

Spyharpy

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I just ordered a black 64GB from AT&T at 9:10am PST. All checkout pages through the ordering process state my phone will arrive on 9/21 and on my final receipt. Also stated twice that my card will be charged the day of shipment. Only a hold for the purchase amount is placed on the card now. Used the standard order page from their website. I was already done with my contract as I have the iPhone 4.

epicmar

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Northern Florida
Anyone else have a delivery date from Apple of OCTOBER 5? I ordered from Apple at 4:05am ET. What the heck - can they really have gotten that backed up in 1 hour?

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
Anyone else have a delivery date from Apple of OCTOBER 5? I ordered from Apple at 4:05am ET. What the heck - can they really have gotten that backed up in 1 hour?

The initial shipment of launch day iPhones from Apple sold out in about 1 hour, so looks like you got in right on the bad side of the cusp when it turned into 2 weeks.

----------

This also happened to me! Does anyone know what this means? My email said it can be delivered "as early as 9/12."

Ditto. "as soon as 9/21."

Smokee

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
I just got a text from ATT saying my pre order had been processed and that Ill get a notification w/ shipping info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.