Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gd6

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
There are some sellers that factory unlock clean esn verizon and sprint 4s's on ebay now...maybe they'll drop drastically in price sometime this year just like the ATT IMEI unlocks did (right now cheapest is $90 for unlocking a verizon...still way too steep for me).

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
There are some sellers that factory unlock clean esn verizon and sprint 4s's on ebay now...maybe they'll drop drastically in price sometime this year just like the ATT IMEI unlocks did (right now cheapest is $90 for unlocking a verizon...still way too steep for me).

It was just $70 for Verizon and $90 for Sprint yesterday, but now it's $90 and $105. When you're the lowest option on eBay for something in such a high demand, you're gonna get a lot of orders. This is obviously a different process than the AT&T ones as those guys can do hundreds per day.

devenb

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
TheUnlockClub

Tried to follow the ebay link to the unlock club, but it says the product was sold out. Anyone know if that is actually the case? Their website seems to be for bulk orders only, and anyways I can't seem to complete the registration process. Any help would be appreciated

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Tried to follow the ebay link to the unlock club, but it says the product was sold out. Anyone know if that is actually the case? Their website seems to be for bulk orders only, and anyways I can't seem to complete the registration process. Any help would be appreciated

The unlock club doesn't sell anymore according to what I've heard. Use 'unlock fusion' now. That's what the mods at ModMyi referred me to. It's only $9.75. Can't wait since I should be ordering mine today. Only bad thing is that they don't unlock on weekends. :/

bryanus

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2005
unlock fusion worked for me today

Bought it yesterday evening after reading this thread, and got the code about 12 hours later. Worked perfectly on my iPhone 4 (ATT). Only $13.45!

And to clairfy the process for anyone, this is how I did it:

1. Connect iphone to itunes and perform a backup (right-click on iPhone name in left panel, then choose backup)
2. In my case, I removed my previously installed Gevey SIM, then rebooted the phone and connected to iTunes.
3. Perform a "Restore" by clicking the Restore button on the main iTunes screen. This updated me from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 5.1.1, and took a litttle while to complete. I was a little worried here as I knew it would update my Gevey unlockable baseband.
4. After the restore was finally finished, itunes said "Congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked." Yay!
5. I then did a restore from backup to put my contacts and everything back onto the phone. Working great on T-mobile.

Last edited:

devenb

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
The unlock club doesn't sell anymore according to what I've heard. Use 'unlock fusion' now. That's what the mods at ModMyi referred me to. It's only $9.75. Can't wait since I should be ordering mine today. Only bad thing is that they don't unlock on weekends. :/

Ended up buying the "unlock fusion" one on saturday. Will update if I receive the working code after the weekend.

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Ended up buying the "unlock fusion" one on saturday. Will update if I receive the working code after the weekend.

I also did the same last night. Will be my first request from unlock fusion and my first bought unlock overall. Hopefully it works for me. Only reason why I'm sorta unsure about whether or not they'll be able to unlock my phone is because it was a replacement phone from Apple.

DigitalDawn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
I also did the same last night. Will be my first request from unlock fusion and my first bought unlock overall. Hopefully it works for me. Only reason why I'm sorta unsure about whether or not they'll be able to unlock my phone is because it was a replacement phone from Apple.

That shouldn't be a problem. Mine was a replacement 4S, and it worked just fine.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I requested an unlock code through unlock fusion for my newly bought AT&T locked iPhone 3GS.
I request the code on sunday night US time so i am guessing that will be processed today and hoping to receive the unlock instructions by tonight.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Just got an email saying phone is unlocked. Unfortunately i do not have a SIM or cable to do the restore or anything :(

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
is there a way to unlock your iphone without restoring or losing your jailbreak? I'm using an iP4S on 5.0.1, jailbroken and i'd rather not restore.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I found this link..

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971908

Does this work fine ? As i mentioned in another thread, i have an iPhone 4S which will reach me later this month and i will have to get it unlocked but i don't want to restore it as it is on 5.1.1 and i guess the restore window might close by then.

@Kevin
You can try whatever is there in this link and report back.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Does this work fine ? As i mentioned in another thread, i have an iPhone 4S which will reach me later this month and i will have to get it unlocked but i don't want to restore it as it is on 5.1.1 and i guess the restore window might close by then.

The restore window will never close if you have the SHSH backed up with TinyUmbrella. See if you can get the former owner to send you those

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
is there a way to unlock your iphone without restoring or losing your jailbreak? I'm using an iP4S on 5.0.1, jailbroken and i'd rather not restore.

yes using Sam from Cydia Deactivate the Sim then Reactivate all via Sam! done take about 2 minutes including downloading SAM.

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
ATT's unlock is better right? I won't have to redo it everytime i switch SIM cards?

Just deactivate it with SAM. Don't even click the OK that pops up after. Then connect the phone to iTunes. Let it reinstall drivers for it and you should get the Congratulations message. If you're really doubtful, then just restore it.

ON TOPIC: OK I got the unlock confirmation screen from iTunes. The phone still says AT&T 12.0 instead of Carrier 12.0, but that's probably because I didn't restore. The IMEI websites still say that I'm not unlocked, so I'll post another update when my micro SIM comes in the mail to confirm whether or not unlock fusion really unlocked it for me.

168t3

jacobss

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
Netherlands
I didn't know about this! I will try to unlock mine tomorrow, just one question to be sure, when it is unlocked it means I can update to IOS 6 and it is still unlocked and forever?

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
I didn't know about this! I will try to unlock mine tomorrow, just one question to be sure, when it is unlocked it means I can update to IOS 6 and it is still unlocked and forever?

Yes that is correct. It should remain unlocked, but some people that used unlock fusion recently have gotten relocked. If that happens to you, just message him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.