Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Here is a comparison that my friend wrote comparing the two devices. Both devices will be coming to US carriers and we will need to make a decision between which device to buy. Check out the review and then let me know which one you think your going to purchase.

Review: http://brobuffet.com/2012/09/14/appl...galaxy-note-2/
You posted this the day preorders start for the iPhone 5 on a website called MacRumors? What do you think the answer is going to be?

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
Wait, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the Note 2 not been officially announced yet? I don't see how you can compare the two.

But personally, I find the Note ridiculous. I hope you're not a guy, cuz you're gonna need a purse for that.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
PAge not found.....

Okay....

Galaxy Note was on AT&T. It was 299 dollars in the beginning.
I assume Galaxy Note 2 will be priced at 299 dollars.

They call this phone as too small to be a phone and too big to be a tablet.

And I played with Galaxy note and it was not very comfortable to hold in my ears.

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
Here is a comparison that my friend wrote comparing the two devices. Both devices will be coming to US carriers and we will need to make a decision between which device to buy. Check out the review and then let me know which one you think your going to purchase.

You don't happen to have a South Korean IP address, do you? :p

redsoxfan320

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
PAge not found.....

Okay....

Galaxy Note was on AT&T. It was 299 dollars in the beginning.
I assume Galaxy Note 2 will be priced at 299 dollars.

They call this phone as too small to be a phone and too big to be a tablet.

And I played with Galaxy note and it was not very comfortable to hold in my ears.

My bad, I pasted the link incorrectly. It is now fixed and know the Note is huge but its a clear competitor to the iPhone 5. Just look around the internet and you will find people comparing the two.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Wait, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the Note 2 not been officially announced yet? I don't see how you can compare the two.

But personally, I find the Note ridiculous. I hope you're not a guy, cuz you're gonna need a purse for that.

It was announced two weeks ago.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/index.html

My OG Note fits in my pants pocket just fine. Yes, I can still sit down and walk normally, no, it doesn't look weird. But then again, I wear normal pants, not skinny jeans or whatever the cool thing to wear is these days.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
Don't even waste your time. These are two completely different devices.

That was my first thought too. My second was that the comparison is total BS as the iPhone 5 ain't out yet and the writer certainly haven't had the chance to REALLY test it.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012

Review: http://brobuffet.com/2012/09/14/apple-iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-2/

At first I wrote something sharp and snarky in reponse, but then I realized the bit was written by a kid.

So, instead, I say keep on writing. If you enjoy it, keep doing it, but don't forget to do research as well. Writing from the hip doesn't go over well in the tech-blog-o'sphere.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
That's not a review, I hate to break it to you. And the Note 2 isn't in the same category of devices as the iPhone 5, I don't see them as being in direct competition with each other.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
The note and iPhone 5 don't compete. Plain as day.

People who buy a Note know they want one, no other reason to buy a phone that big.

Its an awesome device, IF you want something that big. Its supposedly VERY popular among college students who well, take NOTES with it lol.

redsoxfan320

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
The note and iPhone 5 don't compete. Plain as day.

People who buy a Note know they want one, no other reason to buy a phone that big.

Its an awesome device, IF you want something that big. Its supposedly VERY popular among college students who well, take NOTES with it lol.

Pun intended? lol

biosci

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Chicagoland, IL
Is there a way to use both an iPhone and a Note2 on a single line? i.e., disable cellular on one, then enable it on the other? Or if you primarily use an iPhone, just get something else like a nexus 7? But then there's that pen input on the note.. just wondering...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.