Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Thanks and WOW! This is really going to upset people on launch day. I remember 2 years ago, the upgrades were taking an average of 30 mins or more per customer, hence the long lines. When I went at 7:30pm, I was told I could go straight to the counter to get the unlocked one and gave me a stub for a reserved upgrade locked one the next day (which I resold the next morning for a huge profit, subsidizing the cost of he unlocked one!). At least they kept the option of ordering the unlocked one online from day one. Those in the US don't have that option.

This year, I bought online right at 3am and snatched one for sept 21. I am going to Europe in 2 weeks, so wanted to ensure I had it before then.

Last edited:

bacan1

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Ordered through Rogers Business as soon as phones opened at the civilized time of 8 am EST (there is no online reservation for Business). I'm #5 in line. :)

Last edited:

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Seems like Telus has run out of their pre-order stock. Says new pre-orders will be delivered on Sept 28. Glad I got mine right at 3:07EST :D

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    150 KB · Views: 166

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Apple Canada confirms NO unlocked phones will be sold in store, online only.

http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/iphone/

Just saw that.. really too bad. I hope it's just during initial launch to prevent scalping. In the past few years I remember seeing Americans crossing the border for launch day as well to get unlocked models.

I guess it made the value of launch day unlocked orders go up.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Yeah, I just read about the re-released 6 GB plans put out by Bell, Rogers, Telus and Koodo. With the exception of Koodo, with a price point @ $65, the big 3 are sitting at $70+ for virtually identical plans. Fido is allegedly releasing its offer later next week.

HIGHWAY ROBBERY, man the collusion disgusts me. Weren't there 6 GB plans at $60 just a couple of months ago??

Unfortunately, very unfortunately, I don't believe Wind or Mobilicity use bands supported by the iPhone 5? Hence no option to choose them. I'd go with Mobilicity if they did, though.

Collusion is undeniable right down to the fact that all three carriers are making iPhone users buy a 3 year contract by not offering any other plans.

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Is there anyone that ordered an unlocked version through Apple.com and is at the "Preparing for Shipment" stage?

I ordered at 3:01am EST and I am still processing. Shipping to Toronto.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Is there anyone that ordered an unlocked version through Apple.com and is at the "Preparing for Shipment" stage?

I ordered at 3:01am EST and I am still processing. Shipping to Toronto.

Same here, ordered 3:10ish, shipping to hamilton and still processing.

I guess it won't be too long before we see people tracking planes again lol.

1pizza14

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Just a question about using an iPhone 5 on WIND. Is is possible to buy a CDMA iPhone and use it on their network that runs CDMA?

arturoimaz

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
Ordered 3:48 EST Still Procesing.

Lots of US Pre-orders are getting prepare for shipment, look like Canada orders are still in Procesing

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Same here, ordered 3:10ish, shipping to hamilton and still processing.

I guess it won't be too long before we see people tracking planes again lol.

I get a feeling we won't see a status change till at least Monday. I just I hope I don't get a repeat of last year. Preordered the 4S the second it went live on Apple.com (a friday) and was supposed to arrive on the then scheduled launch date (one week later, friday) but ending up receiving it the following Tuesday.

bugout

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
is everything!
I get a feeling we won't see a status change till at least Monday. I just I hope I don't get a repeat of last year. Preordered the 4S the second it went live on Apple.com (a friday) and was supposed to arrive on the then scheduled launch date (one week later, friday) but ending up receiving it the following Tuesday.

This link should tell you when yours will arrive:

http://store.apple.com/ca/help/shipping_delivery#delivery_date

arturoimaz

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009

What part of Canada do you live?

odishaw

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Victoria BC
i ordered 16g black and 16g white, ship to BC off apple website @ 12:10 pacific time

my shipping changed to "holiday shipping" between lastnight and this morning

otherwise status still processing.

yeungman

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2011
I pre-ordered a black 32GB at 12:03am pacific and it's still processing. Still the same 9/21 - 9/25 window. I'm hoping the West Coast gets their shipments on Friday!!

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I just picked up a nano SIM card from Rogers. They sell them for 9.99 and they said they got the, in last week. If you are with Rogers you might want to pick one up now to avoid the crowds once the iPhone is released.

Hydrocity

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2010
Reserved 16gb black online through Rogers. 7272 place in line. Wonder what my chances are to get one on or close to release date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.