Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsam19

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Worldwide
Hello All

I've been searching for any mac software that can auto blend, auto beat match mp3 tracks to create a continuous mix.

For example I'd want to place 15 or so various mp3 tracks into a folder or program and let the program arrange the tracks to create a continuous mix, blended and at the same volume level.

Is there anything out there for the Mac that will do that?

I've heard logic pro or garage band may be able to do it, but I thought those programs were for the use with musical instruments?

Thanks

tsam19

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Worldwide
Hello

I have the 'mixmeister' v 7.4.3 and it won't work on mountain lion !!

What now ?

:confused:

Notron user

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Native Instrument's traktor is another option. Might be a little more hands on than mixmeister tho.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I've heard logic pro or garage band may be able to do it, but I thought those programs were for the use with musical instruments?

Thoughs two programs, Logic or GB would allow you to manually combine the tracks. They don't have any automated way. Both can be used with musical instruments but also with vocals and MIDI and for editing and mixing audio recordings.

To match beats using Gb or Logic you would have to listen and slide one track relative to the others, It has some tools to help but it is a hand operation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.